PDA

View Full Version : Shocked and Worried

Abi-Skinner
21-03-14, 17:43
Feeling a bit defeated today, just when I thought I was on the up too.
Went in to work today only to find out that they're "letting me go". I think it's because I was off for 4 weeks with anxiety, although they gave me other pathetic reasons. I've only been back 2wks.

Couldn't of happened at a worse time, just trying to get my head around this depression and anxiety relapse and now this. To top it all off I pay the mortgage, I'm really worried and don't know how I'm going to cope. My husband has been amazing, but he doesn't make enough to cover all the bills..

Carolclelland
21-03-14, 17:59
Come on I bet your a really strong person,not good news,but guess what they are the losers ,better times coming x

Abi-Skinner
21-03-14, 18:01
I really hope so..

Thank you :)

Ryan92
22-03-14, 21:12
Hi Abi, sorry to hear about you losing your job. They are the ones who made a mistake, not you :) its their loss and if you feel they let you go due to your anxiety then they don't seem like very understanding people :wacko:. We're all only human after all :hugs: anxiety and depression etc are so common.

If you have managed to control your anxiety and depression before, then you seem like a strong person to me :D. You have the support of your husband to help you through this difficult time :hugs:

Have you had therapy or been taking medication ?. Just wondering because if not they will help you :D. (Talk to your GP about it) When you feel better, think of this situation as a new opportunity in your life :).

I suffer from GAD, OCD and depression.

Like they say 'when one door closes another one opens'. Hope this helps you.

Abi-Skinner
23-03-14, 19:38

I've come through anxiety and depression twice before. I'm currently on 30mg citalopram, had CBT a few times too.
I generally have two sayings I try to stick by, Que Sera Sera and everything happens for a reason.. just really hard trying to go out and find a new job when feeling this awful..

Will just have to hope we win the lottery in the mean time :)

Sunflower2
23-03-14, 20:05
Do you think it could be unfair dismissal? If you say the reason they gave you isn't really adequate you could try and challenge it? They aren't allowed to dismiss you for having to take time off for a mental health issue.

Abi-Skinner
23-03-14, 20:28
Unfortunately, I worked for a law firm, they'll have all their bases well and truly covered.

Sunflower2
23-03-14, 21:01
Ah, sorry :( they always manage to find ways round these things!