PDA

View Full Version : Tuppenybun - PA's and Anxiety

tuppenybun
29-11-06, 06:01
Hi Everyone

I'm female, 40yrs old, married with two kids and have been off sick from work for over 12 months with panic attacks and commitment anxieties. Appointments, queues, even someone coming into my house if I'm alone can start me off. I am getting better though, this time last year I couldn't get out of bed and the phone or doorbell ringing would be enough to make me s**t myself (and I mean that literally folks!!)

I am currently attempting to return to work and life by the softly softly catchy monkey method i.e. very, very, very, very,very slowly. Baby steps. Baby amoeba steps! I can't emphasise the extreme slowness, I'm very lucky in that I have an extremely understanding husband, family and employer. I know how lucky I am after reading some of your posts, I do feel as if the sun has started to shine through a tiny gap in the clouds, that's not to say I don't have mostly rainy days, I do. But they are reducing. Slowly!!

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Tup x

I would highly reccomend this free online CBT course at www.livinglifetothefull.com

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....I thought I could, I thought I could, I thought I could...

SamJay
29-11-06, 06:21
Hi Tup,
I just wanted to wish you all the very best with your steps to getting back to work, etc. Slowly is sometimes the best way.
Nice to meet you and hope to chat to you again.
Bye for now :)
SamJay

manmoor
29-11-06, 08:01
Hi Tup,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

sandlin
29-11-06, 09:11
Welcome and well done, every little step forward is better than one back
Linda

sgp64
29-11-06, 10:38
Yep welcome Tup and good to see you slowly getting better. This place can only help!

Sean

LickeyEndBlues
29-11-06, 11:17
Hey Tup,

Welcome to NMP. This is a great site and you are in the right place. You will find lots of support and advice and most importantly folks who will listen, understand and empathise.

Take care, and remember you are not alone.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

yorkylover
29-11-06, 14:57
Hi Tup and a warm welcome to you,there is loads of support here and advise.;)

Ellen XX

Lindalou64
29-11-06, 16:18
THATS GREAT TUP....
BABY STEPS WHEN YA LOOK BACK HOW BAD YOU WERE TILL NOW YA HAVE TO GIVE YA SELF ALOT OF CREDIT WHICH ALOT DONT.....IT TAKES ALOT OF WORK AND COMMITMENT EVEYDAY TO GET BETTER AND IT DOES COME AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OVER NIGHT DONT WE ALL WISH BUT IM HAPPY FOR YA.......KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DONT KNOW YA BUT YA DESERVE A HUG (((((((((((((TUP))))))))))
BEST TO YA................LINDA XX[8D]

honeybee3939
29-11-06, 18:34
Hi Tup

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

trac67
02-12-06, 11:24
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

libbie
02-12-06, 13:28
hiya. it doesnt matter how tiny your steps are, they are a step in the right direction. your doing well.

take care
libbie

matt1981
02-12-06, 14:11
Hey Tup :) 'baby amoeba steps' hehe! glad things are getting better hun thanks for the online CBT course might give that a go later :) take care of yourself matt x

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:51
Hi Tup

Welcome aboard.

Have a good read of the website at www.nomorepanic.co.uk

Loads of advice on there too.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel