PDA

View Full Version : I'm going down

stay_gold
21-03-14, 21:50
I feel like my life is going down the toilet. I have stayed strong for ages and I don't think I can do it anymore.
I am so broke it's crazy, my anxiety is really bad and I get panic attacks outside the buildings where I have job interviews and have to go home again. Samw when I went to sign on so I haven't had a proper income for a while, now I have bailiffs putting a letter through my door.
I have to deal with it on my own because my friends suck, I got mixed into a clique because of my 'best friend' they smelt vulernability and put me down whenever they could so I ditched them, which means I barely see my 'bestfriend' now, seen him twice this year, last time was early feb. We were meant to go away but I really don't want to now. I'm sick of friends, they are a big trigger to my anxiety.
I have everyone contantly telling me what to do all the time but I know it's from a superior angle as they haven't taken their own advice as none of them are doing anything great themselves or are where they wanna be.
My dad doesn't answer my calls barely and I haven't done anything to him.
Now I have started drinking at home and when I can't affored it I'm thinking about it.
I am falling so fast and there is nothing I can do about it.

I am posting on here cos I just wanna be HEARD for a change.
I wanna work and be happy and meet new people.

kchan
22-03-14, 18:54
You're dealing with a lot right now, my advice would be to go see your GP as soon as possible. I know it can be scary but just remember everything you tell them is completely confidential and they will acknowledge your issues and concerns with empathy and help you through it.

Glaws
22-03-14, 21:52
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. It probably seems too much to sort out when you think of it all together. Are you doing anything to manage your anxiety and panic attacks? If not, would you consider medication/therapy/meditation? Once your anxiety is under control, you would have the confidence and ability to get through an interview. A new job would them lead to new friends and so on.....
One step at a time. X

MyNameIsTerry
23-03-14, 05:37
Absolutely, get to your GP for now. It's not wise to turn to drinking as it could become another problem and your GP will be concered about this.

Can you get any help in signing on? Perhaps talk to them and tell them your situation? It doesn't sound like you are well enough to work right now so your GP will likely sign you off so you change to ESA but then it is recognised that there is an issue.

It might be worth asking the CAB for advice here. They can help with debt issues as well.

Hopefully someone on here on benefits will know if there is a way around this.

---------- Post added at 05:37 ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 ----------

Just did a quick search and found a forum discussing this. This might text was a reply back and may help you as it was to someone asking if there was anything they could do because they had agoraphobia:

As your applying for ESA then you will be called for a medical, this you will need to attend BUT you can get your GP to write a letter to ATOS to get the medical done at home.

Now if you get placed in the support group you wont need any JC appointments. If you get placed in the WRAG you will need to see a JC advisor BUT again as said above ask about a phone interview and explain why you cannot get out to them.