PDA

View Full Version : Night panics worse on Lustral/Sertraline

valleybear
22-03-14, 08:57
I am in a dreadful state at the moment and am on day 5 of Lustral. Although I am much better during the day with just a few blips, the nights are horrendous. I have wakened with severe adrenaline rush type panic attacks twice every night and have had about 8 hours sleep over the last three nights. I am really trying to hold on and make the tablets work, but I am alone at night and scared. Wakened with mild "rushes" previous to taking the meds but so much worse now .Please can anyone relate or give me any advice. Have tried all the coping methods with the attacks and they settle down, but can' t sleep again. Thanks.

Glaws
22-03-14, 16:38
Oh, I had this too and was shattered! Fortunately I was signed off work for a couple of weeks so could catch up a bit during the day. I think it took between 1-2 weeks before the nights started to settle. I increased my dose to 100mg too during this time. I'm now 4 weeks in and sleeping really well. Anxiety has improved so that I can now go out/to the shops/to work without feeling complete and utter dread. Hope this helps. X
When I woke up I just played my meditation apps with headphones which helped massively. X

valleybear
23-03-14, 19:55
Thank you Glaws. It happens even if I have a prescribed Valium at night. I am managing to ride them out a bit better, but just dread going to sleep.
Thanks for taking the time to answer ...think we may on the minority with the majority of attacks at night .
Thanks again xxxxxx

Antianxiety
27-03-14, 04:42
These night panic attacks are intense! Burning sensation in shoulders, rapid breathing, palpable, dizziness, BP shoots up, shakes...I begin walking around taking deep breaths and jump right into meditation with headphones. When that does not work then klonapin. I am already on 10mg of celexa but not sure it's doing the job. You are obviously not alone and we can all make it through this. We are alive aren't we :)