PDA

View Full Version : In a major panic this morning

scared22
22-03-14, 10:05
As I woke up this morning a had a wave of room spinning dizziness come over me and had an awful pain where my spine meets my skull. I was laid on my back which I don't usually do.

The pain is still there (it's so painful) and if I move my head to the right I get really dizzy.

Why does this stuff happen at a weekend?? If it were a week day it's bad enough for me to see the dr (I don't usually run to the dr even though I have HA)

I just don't feel right and I'm panicking something is really wrong with my neck/base of my brain (I have BT anxiety)

Lisa.w1979
22-03-14, 10:12
i woke up this morning with terrible back ache, down my ribs, and it has slowly crept around to the front. Im not normally good at rationalizing....BUT i slept on the sofa last night and its pretty much had it. Its just back ache. Maybe you slept funny, and if you dont usually lay on your back, maybe thats it. Just try and think of the simplest reason it could be hurting, without immediately thinking the worst. Anxiety causes dizziness, so if youre worrying about your neck, you'll more than likely be dizzy. Take some pain killers, put a cushion under your neck and watch some saturday morning kids tv. Shame ant and dec aren't on SMTV anymore as that used to have me in fits.

scared22
22-03-14, 10:34
Thanks for your reply, I hope your back feels better soon.

The dizziness is definatly coming from the neck pain but it's only when I turn my head right.
The pain in my neck is horrid and it's making my head feel fuzzy.

Doesn't help that I'm alone with a very busy 2 1/2 year old!

SarahH
22-03-14, 10:40
I am not a Dr BUT if you have cricked your neck in your sleep it would cause dizziness as it could have trapped a nerve. You could try Ibuprofen ...it may help. Of course if you are anxious about it this will make you lightheaded as well.
#

Sarah

*Fallen Angel*
22-03-14, 11:27
I was about to say the same as Sarah above me. There are various nerves in the neck that can contribute to balance/dizziness. Painkillers and a warm compress can help the pain and loosen the neck up.

Lisa.w1979
22-03-14, 11:31
im home alone with 3 kids lol. they seem to choose when you're right in the middle of a panic attack to start misbehaving don't they? my 5 year old is currently using my legs as a car ramp while my 8 year old daughter has just discovered nail polish as a new means of decorating her toys!!

Round in circles
22-03-14, 12:28
lol Lisa, your post about your kids' antics made me chuckle.

Lisa.w1979
22-03-14, 13:48
They are a brilliant distraction. Unfortunately, the vast majority of my panic attacks happen at night when they're in bed and it isn't exactly good parenting to wake them up so they can take my mind off it lol.

How are you feeling now scared22?

scared22
22-03-14, 14:16
A little better than earlier.

It's still painful in that bit at the back my my head, where it sort of goes in if that's makes any sense. It's radiating into my head and it feels really unpleasant and I'm still dizzy if I tip my head to the right. Feel a bit sick too. We went out for a walk this morning and I felt ok when we were out.

3 kiddies sound like a handful! They do always play up when you are panicky and want your attention when all you want to do is cry!

Worrier13
23-03-14, 04:59
I have woken up with this horrible feeling for the past 2 months. I've had a brain mri and ct scan done and both were clear. The cause for this is muscle tension in neck and on the back of your head. My tension and pain is chronic since I chew my teeth at nights because of stress and anxiety. While I know this and the cause, I still panic for an hour every morning since I also get brain fog because of this. I panic because I'm afraid to lose my mind or get bt.

Phuzella
23-03-14, 06:26
Have you looked into positional vertigo (BPPV) ? I'm not a doctor but i am BPPV expert:wacko:.
The fact that you get dizzy when turning your head onto a certain side made me think of that.
I don't know about the neck pain though. Have a word with your doctor:)

HoneyLove
23-03-14, 08:14
I agree with Phuzella, room spinning dizziness like this should be checked out by your doc. It's usually something like BPPV which is treatable, so try not to worry too much about it, although I know that's hard when you have vertigo x

scared22
23-03-14, 12:38
I've had the room spinning thing a few times before, it usually comes out of the blue when I go to bed one night and persists a few days every time I lay down or move my head a certain way, then it disappears but I've never had it with this horrific neck pain.

I'm going to go to the drs in the morning. Neck feels better than it did yesterday but still not right, my head feels fuzzy and I still have the dizziness when I lay down and look to the right.

Lisa.w1979
23-03-14, 16:38
A little better than earlier.

It's still painful in that bit at the back my my head, where it sort of goes in if that's makes any sense. It's radiating into my head and it feels really unpleasant and I'm still dizzy if I tip my head to the right. Feel a bit sick too. We went out for a walk this morning and I felt ok when we were out.

3 kiddies sound like a handful! They do always play up when you are panicky and want your attention when all you want to do is cry!

Its really only 2 as my eldest is 14 and she helps out alot. She can see when im 'on one' and takes care of the little ones. She's brilliant.

Glad your feeling a bit better. Hopefully the visit to the docs will help alleviate your anxiety and also tell you whats up. Keep us updated with what it is. Hope you're having a good sunday. xx