PDA

View Full Version : Nose bleed! Freaking out

MissSunshine
22-03-14, 11:49
All morning I have been feeling abit sick with a sore tummy and diarrhea
I just started to feel better when I was sat eating breakfast and got a random nose bleed. It lasted a minute but it was thick blood. I felt faint as soon as I saw the blood and started to panic.
It's a Saturday so no doctors are open I just want to know your opinions do you think it's a coincidence i got this nose bleed while feeling sick?
I do have a sensitive nose as I bled when I got my nose pierced.

I'm just freaking out :(

Annie0904
22-03-14, 11:52
It probably is just coincidence and if it didn't last long it doesn't sound as if it is anything to worry about. :hugs:

Rainboww
22-03-14, 11:55
I agree, It's probably just a coincidence. Nosebleeds are common in some people - if you are used to getting them then I wouldn't worry. I've never had a nose bleed in my life so if I suddenly got one I would be very worried haha :D

MissSunshine
22-03-14, 11:59
Thanks Annie :hugs: it lasted a minute but I can't stop thinking about it! x

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

Your lucky about never having a nose bleed there pretty scary!
I have about 2/3 a year.
Which apparently is considered a lot?
When they do happen I always worry but more so today because I was already feeling poorly from my tummy x

Round in circles
22-03-14, 12:24
My nose has always been funny. I used to be at the nurse's office every week with a nosebleed in primary school. Nosebleeds can be a bit freaky when they seemingly come out of nowhere. I got them quite often (couple times a year) when I wake up in the morning. I guess it may be down to changes in blood pressure, but who knows. My GP wasn't concerned when I asked about it so I don't give it too much thought.

MissSunshine
22-03-14, 15:37
That's what I'm worried about now round in circles I've got it into my head my blood pressure is high and something bad is going to happen I'm feeling a little pressure in my head to day. And can't stop thinking back to the nose bleed this morning!

realworrier
22-03-14, 16:08
My mum has high blood pressure, it was diagnosed due to a nose bleed. The thing wouldn't stop it just kept flowing! In the end she had to go to hospital and get it tapered.
I suffer with nose bleeds and get random ones a few times a year. The longer they go on I always think oh no I have high blood pressure just like my Mum!

I think if it was due to high blood pressure it wouldn't last for a short while :)

MissSunshine
22-03-14, 16:26
That does make sense, the nose bleed wouldn't just stop after a minute of it was high blood pressure, thanks for putting things in to perspective I'm just thinking the worse as per usual ! my body has been playing tricks on me all day with a general feeling of unwell and head ache type symptoms but as it goes I think it's all in my head!

mummyanxious
22-03-14, 17:52
Have you got a stuffy nose or sinus problems at all? I quite often get blood in my nose when its not clear.

Lucym681
22-03-14, 17:59
Last time I had a sickness bug I also had a nose bleed! And was also scared. But a year later, I'm still here xx

Vigilante
22-03-14, 18:58
Sometimes a nose bleed is actually considered healthy, or it can just be a sign that a little vessel inside your nose is messing around and will sort itself out again.

I had one after getting norovirus a few years ago, it was the day after and I was weak as a kitten I went for a hot bath and fainted after I got out due to a drop in blood pressure, about 1 hour after I had a nose bleed but was fine then and not had any since.

Don't worry!

realworrier
22-03-14, 20:20
That does make sense, the nose bleed wouldn't just stop after a minute of it was high blood pressure, thanks for putting things in to perspective I'm just thinking the worse as per usual ! my body has been playing tricks on me all day with a general feeling of unwell and head ache type symptoms but as it goes I think it's all in my head!
Your welcome :)

I have just been out for a meal with family and I have not thought about my symptoms and they went away! As soon as I came home put the kids to bed I start thinking about them again and surprise surprise they are all here again!! If it was something serious that wouldn't go away just because I forgot about them. So I agree with you its all in our head xx

Frankie123
23-03-14, 16:34
My granddaughter is only six years old and she gets quite severe nose bleeds every month. She saw doctor and they told her mum that some people just have weak veins in their nose and this happens. It transpires that her dad used to get similar as did her grandfather.