PDA

View Full Version : upper leg cramps

Cusper
22-03-14, 12:04
Ok I know that I constantly get random symptoms but for the last week and a half I have had leg cramps. Which could be a possibility of a few end stage diseases. I thought I was trying to ignore it but when i woke up it was there again. So of course the first thing I do when I wake up is google diseases that have these symptoms. My doctor is fed up with me and I know that I cannot go see her. I am convinced that I have cervical cancer and I am freaking out.

mummyanxious
22-03-14, 12:14
I've never heard of this one indicating that but I know my upper legs ache because they're tense all the time?

Round in circles
22-03-14, 12:33
Leg cramps could be a symptom of.. well, leg cramps. If it's lasted a week and a half with no let up, I don't think your GP would have a problem with you making an appointment. Alternatively, you could ask your local pharmacist for some advice on what to do if you're like me and feel like you can't "bother" the doc.

Cusper
22-03-14, 13:05
before it was just at night and now it is intermittent throughout the day. Of course it is worse at night because I focus more on them. My doctor, the last time I went to get blood tests just wanted me out of her office. Then I was reading that it could be a potassium deficiency...... Ah, I know what I really need is a therapist. This is not new, I am always worried that I have something. A book I am reading tells me that I have to keep off google and just ignore the symptoms for a while. The problem is, I am worried that I am being negligent and if I don't get tests done it will get worse and will have progressed to where I can't fix it. Also I had HPV years ago and I am secretly always concerned.

Round in circles
23-03-14, 21:58
I had a very bad potassium deficiency once and to be honest.. I didn't feel any different. That in itself freaked me out. If you want to up potassium intake, foods such as baked potato, bananas, carrots and tomatoes are good to name but a few. Generally though, most people get enough potassium from their everyday diet. Is there a particular reason why you think that's the cause of the cramps?

Cusper
24-03-14, 04:29
Actually, I did start eating bananas the other day and bought sweet potatoes etc. However I think it was anxiety because the pains are now gone... or potassium.... Who knows but I need to get a therapist. THis is ridiculous. Thank you for writing to me.