PDA

View Full Version : Should I go back on Citalopram or give Sertraline a try?

lisha371
22-03-14, 12:58
I was on Citalopram for a couple of years and I felt it helped me I felt well enough to come off but my anxiety returned I went back the doctor and thought I'd try something else, I went on Sertraline and at first I felt a bit better but the last few days have felt terrible I went back the doctor and she said it my need the dose increasing or I could go back on Cialopram but she suggested increasing the dose so I agreed, but I am just unsure as I feel I improved taking Citalopram, any advice would be appreciated. I am so confused.

SarahH
22-03-14, 13:00
You could search on the Sertraline threads for SE's.... this may reassure you to keep going for a while rather than swapping.

Good luck

sarah

Ryan92
22-03-14, 19:40
Hi Lisha, I know how hard it can be changing medication :hugs:. I suffer from GAD. Last year I changed my meds from fluoxetine to sertraline. (I was taking fluoxetine for 2 years) At first it was very tough for me, coming off fluoxetine was very difficult I was on edge much more than usual and my anxiety was through the roof :doh:. A few weeks after I started taking sertraline I noticed I was starting to feel better, Ive now been taking sertraline for 5 months and they are helping me deal with my anxiety better than fluoxetine :), this is just my personal experience though.

My GP increased my dosage after I had been taking them for a certain amount of weeks and this helped me too. Hopefully increasing your dosage will help you too :)
I know it might sound silly or sound very difficult but try and keep going with taking the sertraline and hopefully you'll feel an improvement in the nearby future. If there was a time when you felt well enough to come off meds you sound like a strong person to me :hugs: :D. Have you had therapy to help you too ? Ive had CBT.
Sorry if Ive gone on a bit :wacko:

lisha371
24-03-14, 18:11
Hi I've never had therapy or CBT, I don't know how I'd feel expressing myself, though I know it works great for some.

Lisa.w1979
24-03-14, 20:55
you can download cbt books from nmp for free and do it at home....no need to express anything to anyone. i tried cbt in group setting and the entire process put my teeth on edge lol. now into the third book from the download and feeling a lot more positive towards my anxiety. xx

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

Here's the link to the cbt download. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665

ninnie
26-03-14, 20:03
Been on Sertraline for years and they seem to work. 100mg a day. Obviously I have the odd blip here and there, but they help me through the day to day situations to the point where people who dont know otherwise would never guess how close I had been to meltdown on more than one occassion. :scared15:
I like this twitchy guy. Reminds me of me a few years back.

lisha371
27-03-14, 20:30
Thanks Lisa I will check it out.:)

Antianxiety
27-03-14, 22:09
I recently switched from Setraline 100mg to Celexa 10mg because GP thought my body adapted to it an no longer same effect. Celexa has not been doing the job so going back to doc tomorrow to increase dose. Not sure I should have given up after 4yrs of Setraline being my friend.