PDA

View Full Version : Eye worries

penguin120
22-03-14, 16:21
Okay, so first of all, I'm only 14 years old. :wacko:

About a year ago, I started noticing this thing called the "blue field entoptic phenomenon". It's basically a fancy word for that thing when you look up at the sky and see all these little dots floating around.

My mind has become 'obsessed' with this and I notice it every time I go outside. My parents just tell me to 'let it go', but I literally can't.

I have this fear that I'll never stop noticing this. I used to love going outside in the wintertime and going to the beach in summer, but now I avoid doing those things because it's so bright & it's literally everywhere. I just find myself getting jealous of people who can just enjoy themselves outside. I've tried wearing sunglasses; it reduces it a bit but just not enough.

I always thought that one day I'd just forget about it, but now that it's been a year I just don't know if that's possible. And I also feel like I'm too young to be worrying about this kind of stuff, you know?

Do you have any advice? I just don't even know anymore. :weep:

-penguin xx

madge
22-03-14, 16:27
Just remember that you are not alone. Many of the people on this site have become fixated with onething or another and this has often lead to less enjoyment iin what life has to offer. As you get older your focus may change and you might find more things to enjoy which might distract you for your eye problem :)

SarahH
22-03-14, 16:34
Penguin I think what you are talking about is "floaters" which are harmless..... but I really think you should talk to an adult about this as you are clearly worried.

Please speak to your parents again.

Sarah