PDA

View Full Version : Lung,dvt and pulmonary embolism fear-cant get it out of my head

LittleMissFoxy
22-03-14, 17:08
About 2 months ago, I came down with a really bad chest infection,had antibiotics which seemed to clear it up.Four weeks later another chest infection started,was given different antibiotics by a different doctor and they didnt work.Another course followed of the ones I had first time round and doc then said my chest was clear.However,because I was still short of breath and my doc knows how I worry, she sent me for a chest x-ray.I had this done almost 2 weeks ago and I still have not had the results back.My doc says she doesnt think there is anything to worry about,but I am panicking now thinking they have got lost.Since then my right thigh has been feeling weird and painful in different areas and my trousers feel tight on that leg.Been to the docs 3 times this week,they say there is no swelling or other signs of dvt.After yesterdays visit I managed to calm down a bit but today my chest feels really tight and sore around the lower ribs, I feel lightheaded and now I am convinced they got it wrong.I am so scared and dont know what to do.All day I have been thinking of going to A and E (something I have done many times in the past)I just keep thinking now that I have a pulmonary embolism.Sorry this post has been so long,just hoping someone out there can give me some advice?:weep:

Lucym681
22-03-14, 17:41
I work in a doctors surgery and there was something really wrong they would have sent the result or notified your doctor ASAP. It's really hard because I know exactly how you are thinking, but we need to learn to trust our doctors. I often go to and from my docs, getting second opinions, blood tests and scans, constantly seeking reassurance. My doc sends me for tests because he knows I have health anxiety, but really I think that makes it worse. If your doctor thought your leg was serious they would have sent you for a scan and started you on injections. We need to keep telling ourselves, the doctor knows best.