PDA

View Full Version : At long last a date but ...

DaveGCI
22-03-14, 18:19
Hi people,
I have been divorced for nearly 12 years and only dated one woman before meeting my ex wife.
I was hurt by the divorce and didn't actively seek female company.
Four years ago I met someone half my age but because of that we are only friends.
But it made me realise I could be attractive to women so joined some dating sites.
I went out 3 times with a woman last autumn, but she dumped me.
I have a date with a lady of my own age on Wednesday, but already I am getting into a panic.
Not only because of my fear of messing up, but bizarrely of it being a success as if we did hut it off it would have an impact on my living arrangements and hence my adult children who are still living at home.
My question, and this might not be the appropriate site for this, is how can I dismiss/hide my anxiety and do something for me for once and not worry about the consequences of my actions?

Phuzella
22-03-14, 18:29
Don't go out looking for a life partner, look at it as meeting new friends. Ask questions about her life and interests and be a good listener. Although it's natural for you to worry about your grown up kids, this is your time, go out and have fun. Take each date as it comes, don't expect to get on with everyone, life isn't like that.
Also she'll probably be as nervous as you are:)

Round in circles
23-03-14, 21:49
It's too early to start thinking about making changes to your living arrangements. Your worry is running loose a bit there. Just concentrate on having a nice time on the date. You say it's been a long time since you dated. Remember, you're going on a date with someone you like spending time with, not as a future wife.

Good luck and I hope it goes well.