PDA

View Full Version : Feeling rubbish...

Rainboww
22-03-14, 22:31
So today I have been anxious about pancreatic/bowel cancer, which has been my most recent obsession. I know I'm only 21 so its unlikely anyway, but I've been bloating quite badly recently, especially when I eat wheat (mainly pasta). I know I have probably just got IBS or something but I just can't stop feeling anxious... I can't help but feel I am going to develop some kind of terminal illness. I'm feeling so rubbish I don't know what to do. I feel ok when I keep myself busy but as soon as I sit down it all starts again :( Does anyone have any tips how I can calm myself down a little?

bingjam
22-03-14, 22:35
Awww I feel the pain!!!

Mine at the moment is cervical cancer.. im not even sure I have any of the sypmtoms except for a little pain in my lower belly and hip pain. I know im being totally irrational but theres this 19 year old girl who has recently died of cervival cancer!!!

Im also worsr when im doing nothing as it plays on my mind loads, but when im busy I hardly think about it.

Just know that your not alone with feeling scared over something

Big hugs x

realworrier
22-03-14, 22:38
My obsession at the moment is breast cancer. im 28 with no family history so I know its unlikely. I was out for a meal earlier and totally forgot about it. But as soon as im home it all came flooding back.

There are a lot of people here who know how you feel and are always willing to listen :)

Rainboww
22-03-14, 22:47
Awww I feel the pain!!!

Mine at the moment is cervical cancer.. im not even sure I have any of the sypmtoms except for a little pain in my lower belly and hip pain. I know im being totally irrational but theres this 19 year old girl who has recently died of cervival cancer!!!

Im also worsr when im doing nothing as it plays on my mind loads, but when im busy I hardly think about it.

Just know that your not alone with feeling scared over something

Big hugs x

Cervical cancer is another one of mine - I heard about that girl too. There was another 27 year old talking about her terminal cervical cancer on the TV a couple of days ago too. I'm too young to have a smear test. She said some of her symptoms were spotting in between periods - even though this is a regular occurrence for many women - including me - who are on birth control. Its all just such a worry. I've had the HPV vaccinations as well and I'm still worried! :(

RoseEve
22-03-14, 22:49
Pancreatic cancer is lurking in my head right trying not let the dragon get me. Maybe you have a food allergy?

bingjam
22-03-14, 22:50
Yeah im too young too. They refuse to do anyone under 25 here... im 23 thats another 2 years ive got to wait to have one!!! I havent heard about the 27 year old,

I havemt got spotting or anything just what I stated above and it still worries me!!!

How old are you??
X

Rainboww
22-03-14, 22:51
Pancreatic cancer is lurking in my head right trying not let the dragon get me. Maybe you have a food allergy?

That is what I have been thinking. I think I am probably going to talk to my doctor about it. Think im intolerant to either wheat or gluten...

bingjam
22-03-14, 22:51
Sorry just seem your 21... they should deffo lower the age of a smear though x

Rainboww
22-03-14, 22:55
Yeah im too young too. They refuse to do anyone under 25 here... im 23 thats another 2 years ive got to wait to have one!!! I havent heard about the 27 year old,

I havemt got spotting or anything just what I stated above and it still worries me!!!

How old are you??
X

I'm 21. I have spotting in between periods sometimes but I know that its because I have either missed a pill or taken too many in one day.. I just struggle with trying to rationalise my thoughts... The reason they don't want to screen people before the age of 25 is that it is more likely that they will find abnormal cells - which are almost always nothing. They just don't want to worry us unnecessarily haha! - the irony.

Lisa.w1979
22-03-14, 23:30
:hugs: for all of you.

You could play a game on your phone, or on here. I find them quite useful.