PDA

View Full Version : Work Update

robinsky
22-03-14, 23:12
Hi

Some of you know my situation and some will be new to it. Anyway, its in regards to comments which appeared on Facebook which I supposedly wrote.

Basically, I am getting counselling through CBT at the moment and am making gradual progress though its not at all easy for me right now.

My dad went to see the solicitors because I wasn't well - my anxiety has made it very difficult for me to leave the house and the solicitors said that work had acted properly in this circumstance and that they should pay for the CBT, not me. Its only now that I've received a letter from work about the CBT and its taken them over two weeks to get the issue sorted.

I have no interest in returning to my job and was advised that I should contact my union (who were poor) and they should actually contact my company - I am thinking about going down the package route and if this fails, to tender my letter of resignation because all I want to do now is start afresh.

I am also on medication (betablockers) because of the stress.

Does anyone have any further advice because I am basically under investigation for the comments and my T.U. rep said that the comments made by the other people involved in this phantom conversation were a lot worse than anything I supposedly said and also, my HR told me that it cannot be seen as gross misconduct since the comments I supposedly made were hypothetical and not based on actual fact, which puzzles me as to why this has gone this far.

Surely by now, two months down the line, this should have been resolved, with or without my input because its been stressing me out and driving me crazy.

All I want to do is move on but I feel I can't as I always seem to be taking a step backward - I have no intention of returning to my workplace, due to the poor way in which I have felt I have been treated and want to start afresh.

Any advice welcomed. Just feel I'm not getting the rub of the green here at all.

MyNameIsTerry
23-03-14, 01:26
Did your dad ask the solicitor about whether this constitutes gross misconduct on your part?

I dont know your situation but I had a bitter battle with my employer and HR were firmly in their camp so I had to be careful in disproving some of their points. Im just thinking its worth procting yourself.

Do the union provide legal support?

I resigned in the end because whilst I would have returned, my health was the priority. In my case though it was more about reasonal adjustments where management wouldnt agree their own occupational health unit (or even speak to them at one point!) so I needed to take legal action which for me was only going to drag out my recovery.

So, its good that you have a goal out of this. Scrutise your t&cs and work with the solicitor to get what you want. Perhaps ask about reasonable timescales to resolve your case as they may drag it out hoping you will just leave.