PDA

View Full Version : Weed-induced Anxiety...?

Wintear
23-03-14, 00:33
Long story short as I may be under the influence and can't exactly keep my focus for too long :

I just got home from smoking with my cousin for the first time in almost three months now. Not sure which strain the weed was, but I was pretty alright when things started off. I took about four hits all together. They were small hits and I only inhaled like half of 'em each time since I didn't want to over-do it.

I had the munchies (obviously) so I bought and ate a double chocolate dutch muffin. I'm sipping on some green tea (Arizona brand) listening to some music trying to calm down and take my mind off things. My heart is racing/pounding, I feel a little shaky, have a bit of tightness in my chest, and feel "weak" even though I just had something to eat. My breathing's fine...everything else I have in check I think.

So, I'm assuming it's a combination of all the chocolate (I heard that's a trigger and it has been for me in the past) and the weed, maybe? This kind of thing happen to anyone else before under similar circumstances?

Feedback would be greatly appreciate, guys >.< thank you and be well!

Catherine S
23-03-14, 00:55
You shouldn't be on this forum asking for feedback on smoking weed in connection with anxiety and you know it. Its not cool and its not clever. Come back when you're sober...or not.

Wintear
23-03-14, 01:01
Wow, chill out there, guy. GENERAL Anxiety...so, get over it. I'm not responsible for your inability to be mature about the given topic.

I asked nicely for some feedback, you don't have to go around knocking me for any decisions I make in my personal Life. To each their own and that's that.

If you have something useful to contribute pertaining to the issue, be my guest. If not, why would you even click on the post to begin with....? Make sense.

Catherine S
23-03-14, 01:08
I'm not a guy by the way and I'm chilled thanks, but still cannot see how you expect people who suffer from anxiety...who don't smoke weed, are able to give you feedback on anxiety produced by smoking it...if you dig what I'm saying...man.

Wintear
23-03-14, 01:13
So sorry for the confusion......-.-

You can't speak for everyone, so saying "people who suffer from anxiety who don't smoke weed" is pretty vague. There are at least a few people on here who could possibly understand where I'm coming from.....and that's why I posted because I figured why not take the chance......I apologize for the, err, inconvenience? I'll ride this out on my own, then...

clarisse
23-03-14, 01:24
Weed can cause Anxiety. Chocolate causes Anxiety. So the chances you feel like you do are down to both or one of the things.
My bet is it,s both. Certain strains of weed are especially bad. I,m sure you will be ok when its worn off.
Tbh why do you indulge in these things if you know the risk,s involved ?.Im not being judgemental but it does,n't make sense to me.:shrug:

Catherine S
23-03-14, 01:28
Its not so much an inconvenience as a feeling of...'you are seriously asking about cannabis anxiety and think that's normal'...sort of thing, if you get me. You don't honestly know why you feel the way you do...and you're expecting support from the 'many,many' people here who smoke it? Seriously? I'm just trying to get my head around it sorry.

---------- Post added at 02:28 ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 ----------

Oh yeah sorry, I'm not being judgemental...god forbid.

Fishmanpa
23-03-14, 01:32
Isn't this a bit like shooting yourself in the foot and asking why it's bleeding?

Positive and more rational thoughts

TooMuchToLiveFor
23-03-14, 01:40
Wintear,
I am sorry you are feeling lousy, but there is no doubt that you are just dealing with the repercussions of your choices for the evening. We have all made choices that hinder our recovery…..whether it is partaking in alcohol/drugs/caffeine/sugar, using Dr. Google and getting ourselves into a state, or any other self-sabotaging way we "make out bed and have to lie in it."
You will be fine. Hydrate well. Try to get some rest……, and think hard before you repeat this choice-- I can't imagine it is worth it.

Wintear
23-03-14, 01:45
Thank you, Clarisse.

I thought I was alright to have a bit of fun again....guess it's just not my thing anymore.

PS - I'm not a bad person...the negative stereotype surrounding weed's got to go, man....

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Thank you, TooMuchLoveToLiveFor.

I guess I should just throw in the towel...I'm only 20 years old so I was trying to regain that party-persona, ya'know? Just being young and stupid, I suppose..:P

Fishmanpa
23-03-14, 01:47
I happen to be totally pro weed. I just don't think (and medical studies back this up) that weed or alcohol are good for someone suffering with anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
23-03-14, 01:47
You misunderstand Wintear. Its not the weed that's being bashed by me, its smoking it and then asking us why you feel so bad!

Wintear
23-03-14, 01:53
I don't know. I guess I got lost in the shuffle, I Still Believe.

During bad bouts of anxiety, especially if they overtake me abruptly, I can get a bit snappy.....so, I do genuinely apologize for misinterpreting what you meant earlier.

I don't wanna' make any enemies here >.<

Catherine S
23-03-14, 01:58
No enemies made with me. Peace man :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
23-03-14, 02:11
[/COLOR]Thank you, TooMuchLoveToLiveFor.

I guess I should just throw in the towel...I'm only 20 years old so I was trying to regain that party-persona, ya'know? Just being young and stupid, I suppose..:P[/QUOTE]

Well, if you are only 20 and can learn this lesson now,……you will save yourself a lot of grief in the future…..and will be far beyond many people much older than yourself. :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
23-03-14, 05:02
It sounds like the cannabis or a combination of things.

If you have an underlying anxiety condition, anything that produces symptoms alone is bound to make your subconscious connect the dots and head for the anxiety zone. You've got caffeine added in there as well and too much of that is going to give you some symptoms.

So, not good combinations there.

You're young, so learn the lessons. You've got something others haven't that will suffer with cannabis so it's worth getting past it and finding other ways. Been there, done that scene back in my 20's, it's better to find real ways to have fun without it.

MJD
23-03-14, 19:43
Smoking weed and then posting queries about anxiety? Jeeeeessssss.........

Phuzella
23-03-14, 20:12
I don't know if i agree that weed, chocolate, caffeine etc cause anxiety. Exacerbate it certainly.

Lilharry
23-03-14, 20:30
For me, the worst thing for anxiety is sugar - it causes heart palps, shaking, anxiety etc. Wheat is the same. I think sugar and wheat are a lot worse for a lot of people than weed is.

Catherine S
23-03-14, 20:34
As far as I'm aware Lil Harry, sugar and wheat aren't mind-altering drugs...or maybe they are what do I know :D

Lilharry
23-03-14, 20:39
You would be surprised I still believe - have a read of this: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201108/wheat-and-serious-mental-illness

Catherine S
23-03-14, 21:11
I stand corrected :)