PDA

View Full Version : Heart scare

Relentlessoh
23-03-14, 06:04
So lately after i eat i get arm pains after meals , and a strange chest tingle sensation . It doesnt cause too much pain so much as discomfort . I have had a few ecgs and nothing was found as well as a 24 hr monitor which found nothing that was a year ago and my concern is maybe it didnt pick it up then. That triggers me to feel uncomfortable and warm/thirsty . I guess my question is does anyone else get these sensations? I already set an appointment so we shall see. Feel a bit better just writing this .

cjw
23-03-14, 08:57
I have daily chest pain and dizziness and have started to accept that it Anxiety. After all I've never heard of a Heart Attack lasting 3 years!!!

I get pains after eating and it sends my mind racing and thinking my heart is going to stop......but it doesn't.

Your problem sounds like indigestion/heartburn if it happens after eating. This is perfectly normal for everyone. The difference is people without HA brush the pains off as indegestion, people with HA must be having a heart attack.....

I'd suggest eating slower and if you still get the pains grab some gaviscon!!

It's always good to get checked out by a GP but I'm sure that it's just indegestion.

Take Care

mummyanxious
23-03-14, 09:03
Ill tell you what I was told by my dr. That when we are anxious our gullet and digestive system isn't relaxed so good cannot travel down it as smoothly as intended. This means it can lodge and cause pains on its way down. Also apparently its common for acid reflux to cause pains in the arms. Personally I've never experienced the latter but he told me it was possible.
Of course you should always consult your dr if you are worried as we are just normal folk on here with no medical training just our own experiences.