PDA

View Full Version : need advice

paula78
23-03-14, 11:00
Mornin All
Just wanted to ask, my mum has been prescribed 2 lots of augmentin antibiotics for a chest infection but only needed one lot which was confirmed by a gp she has just given me the other pack as I have a water infection and dental infection as I'm so run down with my anxiety, do you think I'd be safe to take them? As I'm so scared about going to see my gp I have a fear of surgeries and meds, but need something for the uti, I cnt carry on taking paracetamol what should I do??? :(

Rennie1989
23-03-14, 11:07
No, never take prescription medication that is not for you, although if you have a fear of medication why have you considered taking your mum's antibiotics?

You could call NHS Direct for some advice or, the better but harder option, visit the GP. Nobody can give you antibiotics without at least checking you over first and it is important with those infections to get them checked and get given an antibiotic to treat them.

Phuzella
23-03-14, 11:08
Not really advisable, need to see a doctor to actually confirm the presence of bacteria:)

SarahH
23-03-14, 12:33
I agree with above comments........... and just a little side note.... it's actually illegal.

sarah

paula78
23-03-14, 21:32
Ok guys sorry!!!, my mum sent them over an I haven't taken them, I've actually binned them an making myself a appt for the mornin

SarahH
23-03-14, 21:35
Wise move paula:)

Round in circles
23-03-14, 21:51
I know your mum means well, but yeah.. Never take medication prescribed for someone else.

KLP
23-03-14, 22:05
I wouldn't do it, but my mums buys antibiotics when she goes to turkey and takes them when's she feels like she's getting a chest infection. Must be the carefree era they came from!

paula78
23-03-14, 22:09
Hi, naa I won't take them its just I have a major fear of health clinics and the thought of a visit there tomorrow has made my anxiety ten times worse this evening, I cnt even take meds for my anxiety as I'm so scared of the side affects, as tempting as it was to take the tablets I'd received of my mum I won't do it, an yeah I know lots of people who buy antibiotics abroad :0 hope your having a good evening people xX