PDA

View Full Version : Constantly have unhealthy food for dinner worried about impacts on my health?

Bexx1
23-03-14, 11:50
Hi all
As I am 17 I still live with my parents and so my mum still does my meals. The only problem is recently she has had to go in to work earlier recently and so she doesnt have time to cook so for dinner every week night I end up having oven meals like chips and battered fish and macaroni cheese and such and I believe that these are unhealthy for me. You constantly read about how bad diet can give you problems later and so Im anxious about eating right. Problem is as well my mum always buys loads of sugary snacks and sometimes I eat much too much to be good for me. We just dont seem to have healthy snacks and I never get vegetables in the week. Im also always encouraging us to go out for walks on the weekend but they dont seem interested and say its too expensive. None of this is helped by the fact my sister is the fussiest eater on the planet so its hard enough for mum to find something everyone likes! Any advice?

Fishmanpa
23-03-14, 12:03
Hi Bexx,

The only advice I can give you is to use self control. You understand and recognize the reasons for your current nutritional regime so it's up to you to stop the pattern. There's no tried and true method other then your own self will and determination.

I suggest you ask your Mom to purchase some healthy foods to keep in the house. Otherwise, buy them yourself. I find having a definite list of foods to buy and eat helps. Don't write potato chips on the list and when you're at the market don't buy them! It's better for your body and your budget. Do you need your family to go for walks? What is expensive about going for a walk? As far as I know it's free to walk around the block ;) I encourage you to take the initiative and do it yourself.

Nothing is stopping you but yourself ;)

Positive thoughts