PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fog

LunaLiuna
23-03-14, 15:45
*sigh*

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to ask a quick question, how many people here experience Brain fog?

Everything I do cognitively is suffering heavily because of it.

And secondly, I'm just wondering if/how anyone else has managed to get rid of it.. I've been thinking it could be a food intolerance, but I'm obviously going to think it's that, because I'd hate for it to be anxiety.

On a side note, I am on medication but I've dropped a dose as the doc thinks it could be that, although I've recently come out in a rash on my back and shoulders.

Thank you :)

Magic
23-03-14, 15:49
I think I have brain fog too, and I am doing some stupid things because of it.
I don't know how I cope some days. forgetfulness is a problem. is this brain fog?

KLP
23-03-14, 15:57
Afternoon Luna,

It's most probably rebalancing of your meds that's causing the brain fog, I've has this, it's dreadful when you can't think past the next word your about to say!

It's usually temporary in terms of its length, I had it for about a month. Then slowly lifted, if your tense around your neck and shoulders it might be wise to have physio, and let the blood flow easier to the brain. This helped me.

Before thinking it might be food intolerance let time pass and see if goes. Then start elimination the food. X

Oosh
23-03-14, 16:01
I've had problems with brain fog.

I tend to steer clear of carbs until the evening. Carbs through the day can knock me out or give me brain fog.

I lean towards protein and Veges through the day to keep my head clear.

LunaLiuna
23-03-14, 16:20
Afternoon Luna,

It's most probably rebalancing of your meds that's causing the brain fog, I've has this, it's dreadful when you can't think past the next word your about to say!

It's usually temporary in terms of its length, I had it for about a month. Then slowly lifted, if your tense around your neck and shoulders it might be wise to have physio, and let the blood flow easier to the brain. This helped me.

Before thinking it might be food intolerance let time pass and see if goes. Then start elimination the food. X

I've been on this dose for a couple of weeks now but the brain fog was present before I changed the dose in the first place.

Interesting to see you mentioned the neck and shoulder tension as I have a lot due to my jaw problems, the top on my neck is probably the worst.

Yeah I understand, as usual there's no point jumping to conclusions :)

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

I've had problems with brain fog.

I tend to steer clear of carbs until the evening. Carbs through the day can knock me out or give me brain fog.

I lean towards protein and Veges through the day to keep my head clear.

I seem to be the opposite, I eat all of my protein and veg at night!

Although my diet during the day is pretty good anyway, I only really eat fruit.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

I think I have brain fog too, and I am doing some stupid things because of it.
I don't know how I cope some days. forgetfulness is a problem. is this brain fog?

I'm no expert, but it sounds like a little brain fog too me :)

Oosh
23-03-14, 16:29
Fruit is like sweets, full of sugar. Brain fog can be caused by blood sugar issues. Just an idea.

SarahH
23-03-14, 16:42
Yes I have brain fog...... in my world it's called the menopause:D

LunaLiuna
23-03-14, 18:40
Yes I have brain fog...... in my world it's called the menopause:D

Oh dear.. Maybe I'm menopausal :roflmao:

Phuzella
23-03-14, 18:54
:roflmao:

KLP
23-03-14, 20:49
Oh dear.. Maybe I'm menopausal :roflmao:

:ohmy:

SarahH
23-03-14, 21:06
:roflmao:then definitely see a doctor!!

Round in circles
23-03-14, 21:14
I've suffered brain fog for years. I'll get the odd hour here or there where it lifts, but it's literally about twice a year. I have a vague memory of a time when my brain just worked. I take comfort from the moments of clarity. At least it means I still have the capability, but beats me how to get it back properly. I think those days are gone forever.

Phuzella
24-03-14, 08:35
How you feeling today little foggy Buddha?

LunaLiuna
24-03-14, 10:18
Morning Phuzzy, I'm pretty much the same. It does seems like there's a pattern to the fog but yeah, finding a pattern in fog is hard! :D

How are you today?

Phuzella
24-03-14, 12:06
You'll get there:)just take each day as it comes. Are you still writing your thoughts down?
I'm not too bad, I appear to have sold my house so looking forward to massive stress:wacko:. Still the sun's out so that's a bonus:)

LunaLiuna
24-03-14, 13:05
Writing my thoughts down causes more problems than anything else as it usually feels like nothing I write makes sense.

Ooo have fun with that! Where are you moving? The sun was out here but the clouds have decided to take it for their selves :)

Phuzella
24-03-14, 13:24
I'm not moving to far from where I am now, but I fancy somewhere a bit less populated. It's getting quite noisy where I am.
Reading back the things I've written over the past 3 years is very interesting, I can see where my head was at and how much clearer it is now. Well mostly :D

LunaLiuna
24-03-14, 13:52
Good for you, I wish I could move for that reason! I've always wanted to live in the middle of a forest, it's only really endless amount of fields here though (not that I'm complaining) :)

I guess I could write them for a future laugh. All I have to do already is to look back on some of the rubbish I've wrote in the diary on here and I burst into laughter:roflmao:

Phuzella
24-03-14, 14:00
There you are then, at least it's keeping you amused:D