PDA

View Full Version : electric shock

bingjam
23-03-14, 17:53
Ive just been hoovering up. And I unplugged the plug without turimg it off at the wall.

I had an electric shock through my hand!!!

Should I be worried that it could have caused some damage? ??
X

Fishmanpa
23-03-14, 18:09
Not at all.

Positive thoughts

barrym
23-03-14, 19:46
Bingjam,

You will be fine, I have lost count the amount of shocks I have had over the last 25 years (I am a good electrician honestly :D ). Had a few "belters" where one actually threw me to other side of room!! One of the worst was actually off an electric fence at an equestrian centre, actually felt the thud of my heart in my chest, I pity the poor bloody horses, was a bit shaky after that one but all in all not had any issues despite the many I've had. There not nice and "shock" couldn't describe it better. Be careful when removing plugs and always switch the socket off first (says the man just admitting to having loads :D ). You will be absolutely fine. Take care.

BarryM

bingjam
23-03-14, 23:08
Thank you both for the replies.... I honestly look at what I put now and realise how ridiculous I sounded :/

Amd barrym that sounds really scary!!! Rhis one was tiny but ive never had one before so it took me by suprise a little!! And yeah I promise to turn things off before removing plugs from now on haha...

Thanks again guys
X

Lisa.w1979
23-03-14, 23:29
I'm an electricians worse nightmare. i cut plugs off stuff and cellotape them on to other stuff. I had an exposed wire on my hoover for ages but it was quite far down so didnt think id ever touch it. I did...it hurt lol.