PDA

View Full Version : chest and left arm pains

natalie_shepherd
23-03-14, 19:32
please can someone help me im drivin myself insane!!
I wa diagnosed with arrithmyia 2 years ago and have had health anxiety ever since.
since decemeber last year I have been getting pains in left side of my chest under my arm and pains in my left arm. iv been doctor loads of times they aid pulled muscle an gave me tramadol went back again gave me more tramadol so I went hospital they did 2 ecg's a chest xray and blood tests she said prob muscular still had it week later went the docs they sent me for physiotherapy and he cant explain it an im still in agony, my friend said maybe its anxiety but I wouldn't have thought anxiety could cause this much pain! im lost with what to do next :(

Round in circles
23-03-14, 21:35
Firstly, have a seat then take a deep breath. You sound pretty wound up over it. It's understandable to be worried, but take comfort from the fact that you've had all these tests that conclude it's not a heart issue. It definitely could be anxiety. We tend to hold a lot of tension in our chest area when we chest breathe. Try breathing into your stomach.

I get inflammation of the chest wall which apparently is very common in women. I'm not sure if it's directly linked to anxiety or not, but I have it more often than not. It hurts lots but I put it down to being just one of life's little niggles.

Lastly, it could very well be muscular. Pulled muscles and strains can take a good while to resolve. A hot bath or shower might make it more comfortable.