PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains

MJD
23-03-14, 19:39
Does anyone have a feeling of chest pains. I have this constant feeling of tightness across the chest. Comes and goes. Worried that it may be something serious but had treadmill and ECG a couple of years ago. Could things have deteriorated in that time to something more concerning?

Round in circles
23-03-14, 21:26
Chest pain is common among anxiety sufferers. I ended up in A&E one night thinking I was having a heart attack but the doc said heart attack pain is constant rather than coming and going.

Lisa.w1979
24-03-14, 00:02
I have a pain right in the middle of my chest. It comes and goes, and like RIC said, heart related pain is constant. I find my chest pain goes away when I don't think about it. Then realise its not hurting anymore, think about it and sure enough, it comes back. If you're concerned, see your gp though. It can't hurt to have it checked.

Ryan92
24-03-14, 00:15
Hi MJD, I think chest pains due to anxiety is very common. Last week I had a moment where I was very anxious, stressed and felt like I was having a panic attack :doh:. I then started having really bad chest pains but once I tried to calm down, the pain in my chest eventually stopped :)

I tried deep breathing (sitting or laying down with eyes closed, inhaling through nose and exhaling through mouth) and that helped the pain go away :)

I too fear about my health when I have chest pains worrying what all this stress is doing to my body.

Like Lisa said if you feel very worried about your chest pain, check with your doctor.