PDA

View Full Version : Breach of trust

Pages : [1] 2

Karen
29-11-06, 11:57
This is just to let you all know that I can no longer trust people on this forum, many of whom I had come to consider close friends.

Someone here took it upon themselves to print off copies of my posts on this forum (as well as other people's replies) and send them, together with an anonymous letter, to my psychiatrist.

Whoever took this action was acting on the misguided opinion that they were helping but I can tell you now that it does not help and I do not appreciate anyone interferring in this way. I feel saddened and very angry.

My psychiatrist has given me the photocopies because I did not consent to this information being sent to her, and she said she felt uncomfortable, as if listening in to a private telephone conversation.

She will be giving me a copy of the anonymous letter later.

I can no longer write here anymore. I cannot trust anyone. I think whoever took this action could at least have the decency to let me know who is was. In fact, I am very upset that anyone could take such action behind my back in the first place, let alone not even warning me.

This forum is no longer a safe place for me and I feel very sad about that.

Karen

Quirky
29-11-06, 12:01
Oh Karen, how awful mate. I feel very saddened to read that too. It certainly wan't me mate, I'd never do that. I hope you find out who it was. I'm sure whoever it was was acting in your best interests but I can imagine how upsetting it is and yes it is a breach of trust. I can't think who here would do that or even know your psychiatrists name though.
I feel so sad that you may now not trust some of us that have become close friends to you :(:(

Paddington
29-11-06, 12:02
Oh my god Karen!!!!OH lord it was not me ,i promise!The person who did this must have thought they were doing the right thing Karen,But i can see how you could see it as a betrayal!I dont know what to say???Please dont leave Karen.It will only distance you from those who care sooo much for you.How will we know how you are???Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Piglet
29-11-06, 12:24
Karen I can assure you mate it most certainly wasn't me.

I honestly don't really know what to say at this point other than to continue to offer my support.

I do hope you get this sorted out promptly.

Love Piglet xxxx

nomorepanic
29-11-06, 12:29
Karen

Oh that is awful mate.

I am so sorry this has happened. I have no idea who it could be and whether the intention was good or bad.

If there are any other of your posts that you want removed let me know and I can remove the whole thread. It must have taken you ages to delete each individual reply you did.

How can anyone know who your psychiatrist is? Was it addressed in person to her?

I assume she is not going to take things any further with it?

I hope you get this sorted out soon.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

tam
29-11-06, 12:40
karen that is awful and hope your ok.can i ask you have you told people your psychiatrist name and other info,as i cant understand how they would know were to send ect.hope it gets sorted tc tracy

trac67
29-11-06, 13:04
Karen,

I am sorry to hear someone has betrayed your confidence, that is really bad and I hope this person owns up.

Please don't leave the forum as we will all miss you so much.

A big hug and lots of love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

clickaway
29-11-06, 13:22
Karen,

I am surprised and shocked that anyone would want to do this. You need all the support and trust there is, and whoever did this did not think about the consequences even if their intent was good.

And just to let you know, it was not me either.

I can understand how you feel about writing on here, but we need to know how you are getting on.

Hugs,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

samc100
29-11-06, 13:24
As a newish member I am appalled at reading your post Karen.

Is such behaviour typical from members? I have received some lovely support since joining and made what I consider to be forum-mates. I don't want to be reserved in helping people or asking for advice but perhaps we need to be a little less open?

I am not surprised you are angry and upset Karen. I'd be livid, Do not let it interfere with your progress.

Edited - cos'I missed the bit about good intentions, I'd taken it to be an act out of spite. Sorry.

sgp64
29-11-06, 13:33
That's appalling news Karen and I'm amazed that somebody could do such a thing whatever their thinking was behind it. You have every right to feel betrayed but you should reconsider leaving this forum..its far too helpful and you obv have many friends here. Let the dust settle.

Take care

Sean

nomorepanic
29-11-06, 13:46
We also have the added problem here that it is an "open forum" so it didn't have to be a member that sent the information about Karen.

Karen is going to read the letter that was sent as well to see if it gives any clues.

Nicola

Lizzie1975
29-11-06, 14:40
I'm so sorry to hear that Karen and so upset you feel you can't say what you feel here anymore.

I assure you it wasn't me, i like Lisa said worry all the time that my posts are going to upset you as it is, i certainly wouldn't do anything cause you any stress or grief.

I can only assume that whoever did this was thinking they were trying to help you?

Please don't stop posting, we're still here for you,

Lizzie XX

Ma Larkin
29-11-06, 15:31
Karen, it's absolutely disgusting! When I first joined this site I didn't realise how open it was. I used my real name as my login name, and it wasn't long before I contacted Nic and asked her to change it for me to something a bit less personal. Although I have never had any negative feedback from anyone on the site, I think it's a wonderful site and a lifeline for a lot of people who feel totally alone, but to go behind your back like that really is a breach of trust and you must be gutted. I would be at my wits end wondering who it was, and it must be someone who knows you really well if they know who your Psychiatrist is.

I wouldn't dwell on it mate, just put it behind you and take it as a lesson learnt. Most of us have bared our souls on this site, but as the administrators say, it is an open forum and people come on anonymously. We must all remember this and let this be a warning to us all that not everyone is what they seem. Can I please just also say, to everyone who reads your post, that I regard this forum as my "safety net", somewhere I can come and take my mind off my crap! Get good advice, receive lots of support and positive words and it should be a SAFE place to come. No-one should ever have to feel threatened by the actions of the sad minority of people who take it upon themselves to pry and interfere in another persons life. Whoever you are, you should be ashamed of yourself and apologise to Karen even if you did think you were doing it to help.

Take care Karen and I hope you don't stop coming on the forum. You have made some really good friends on here and I know you must be thinking it could be any one of them, but there must be some people on this site who you really trust 100% and could perhaps still PM if you don't feel safe any more.

Hope you continue to log in.

Les, xx

belle
29-11-06, 15:55
I'm not too vocal (generally), but flipping heck, that is absolutely disgusting.
The person who did it should have the balls to stand up and take responsibilty for his/her actions.

Sarah

Piglet
29-11-06, 16:14
One thing I find confusing is the timing of this. Why now when you're actually receiving treatment (at long last) and we know you're safe.

I can't say that at various points over the last year I haven't wanted to be able to write to someone in medical authority because I have been so worried about you and didn't like to feel I was just watching you fade away. I think a few of us felt like that at the time through fear for your health but we all realise what a fine line it is between helping and overstepping the mark.

I know the person may have thought that you weren't telling the clinic how you were feeling but the clinic arn't stupid they must realise to some extend where your mindset would be at the moment. So I reiterate - why now??

I do hope this can get sorted soon because we will worry about you if we don't hear from you and it's not good for you to feel you can't trust anyone - cos you can you know hun.

Love Piglet

ruthb1
29-11-06, 16:22
Hi Karen,

I just wanted to let you know that i think that this is a disgusting act who ever has done this and also its confidential. why would someone want to do that to you and who knows your doctors name or even where you are because i havent got a clue.

i think its awful and it sickens me to think that this has happened.

take care

ruth xx

Karen
29-11-06, 16:25
Thank you to everyone who has posted support for me. I really do appreciate all your messages and feel reassured that I am not the only one who believe this person went too far and interfered in matters that do not concern them.

I am fairly sure their actions were the result of worry about my welfare but anyone who knows me well would know that someone contacting my psychiatrist, the hospital or anyone involved in my mental health care would be totally against my wishes. As I hadn't given consent for the posts to be given to my psychiatrist she handed them back to me.

Nic - the letter wasn't addressed to my psychiatrist by name. It was just addressed to 'The doctor looking after Karen on the Eating Disorder ward' so anyone who know which hospital I'm being treated at could have sent it.

Since the person involved has deemed it necessary to interfere in my life I see no problem in revealing what they wrote about me. No one has the right to contact my doctor/psychiatrist without my consent.

One paragraph with clues reads:

"I live very far away and am disabled and unable to make the journey but if it were my daughter or granddaughter I would be desperate to find some more help for her and I’m sure you must have more that you can offer her there, rather than just feeding her up and expecting the underlying problem to go away. I don’t think Karen has any family to speak for her and she is far too timid and afraid to speak up for herself."

I don't want to leave this forum, nor do I want to put anyone off from posting here but be careful how much information you reveal. Good intentions don't mean much when there is so much at stake, as I have found out to my cost today. I don't intend to be so open with my posts any longer.

My friends here mean the world to me but now I don't know who I can trust and that breaks my heart. If the person who wrote that letter is reading I can only ask you to come forward.

Karen

Karen
29-11-06, 16:34
Piglet.

Thanks mate.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">One thing I find confusing is the timing of this. Why now when you're actually receiving treatment (at long last) and we know you're safe.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
I don't know but the last posts in the bundle I think were dated 20 November so it is very recent.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I can't say that at various points over the last year I haven't wanted to be able to write to someone in medical authority because I have been so worried about you and didn't like to feel I was just watching you fade away. I think a few of us felt like that at the time through fear for your health but we all realise what a fine line it is between helping and overstepping the mark.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Exactly. I think it has been mentioned at various times and I've made my feelings quite clear. If I wanted the professionals treating me to know then I would tell them myself.

I might still pop on here from time to time but I won't be saying how I am feeling or what I am thinking so all that's happened is that another source of support has been taken away from me.

Sad but true.

nomorepanic
29-11-06, 16:35
Karen

That sounds like a well-intentioned letter to me. Kind of someone pleading with them to help you.

Obviously I don't know what the rest of it said but I think it was done in good faith or do you not think so?

Nicola

Piglet
29-11-06, 16:38
I agree Nic - whilst still inapropriate it doesn't actually sound malicious does it?

Is there any comfort in that at all for you Karen hun?

Love Piglet x

kate
29-11-06, 16:41
So sorry to hear that this has happened to you, Karen.

It really does make you think about how much information we are giving out to people on a public forum.

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

yorkylover
29-11-06, 16:42
The person who wrote the letter sounds very concerned and upset by your posts Karen,they seem very worried.They have done the wrong thing by going behind your back,but you should really not have given out so much detail on the posts,like which hospital you were in.This person sounds like they are very vulnerable and have really been upset by your posts,and feel they need to help you in some way.Maybe they are in the same situation,or knew someone in the same situation that they couldnt help.

Ellen XX

Karen
29-11-06, 17:15
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">That sounds like a well-intentioned letter to me. Kind of someone pleading with them to help you.

Obviously I don't know what the rest of it said but I think it was done in good faith or do you not think so?
<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 29 November 2006 : 16:35:23</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Yes, I agree it does appear to have been written with good intentions and I've sent the rest of the letter to you by PM.

BUT I still think it was extremely misguided and not fair to me to write the letter and send copies of the posts from my threads here without my knowledge. It could have had dire consequences for me.

There are rules about consent and writing to the psychiatrist/hospital here breached my rights and, as such, the psychiatrist had to ask me what I wanted her to do with the copies of my posts and I asked for them back.

It doesn't really help whether the intentions were good or not because now I've lost trust in posting openly here. If anyone has been upset by the content of my posts in the past then I apologise but I'd prefer that person approached me direct and not go behind my back and interfere in my treatment, particularly without telling me.

Kate - I agree that in future I will need to be more selective about what information I give out and what I say here. It's a real shame that I'll think twice about giving personal information to anyone from now on, even by PM.

Quirky
29-11-06, 18:39
Hi Karen,

I still don't know what to say, I am feeling deeply sad, shocked and angry about what's happened still, I just can't imagine who would do this to you. It does seem it was done with good intentions at least rather than from malice. It's also good that the psychiatrist there is respecting your privacy over this and has given the copies back to you etc.
I too wish whoever did this would own up, as I feel so sad that you now feel you can't trust close friends you have made here, it's sad you now feel you can't post much here too which means a way of support is taken away from you.
I just hope you realise that there are still good friends here who you can trust and who are still here for you.

Take care,

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

kazzie
29-11-06, 19:14
Hi Karen

I really cant believe someone has done this to you!!!

It must be someone who knows where you are!!!

I hope we get to the bottom of it as its a massive breach of trust!!!

Are you home this weekend??

Take Care

Luv kaz x x x x x x x

honeybee3939
29-11-06, 19:21
Hi Karen !

Im realy shocked to read your post, i hope it can be sorted out, it must be so upsetting for you!

Thinking of you Karen and hope you dont stop posting !

Hugs to you !

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

kazzie
29-11-06, 19:49
Hi Karen

Ive just had a thought!!! Do you recognise the writing on the letter??? Maybe compare it to any letters /cards you may have recieved???

Just a thought!!!

Luv Kaz x x x

alexis
29-11-06, 20:07
Hi Karen, sorry you have had to suffer this, it wasnt me and like the rest say it does sound with good intentions, but should not of happened.xx

Alexis
xx

kazzie
29-11-06, 20:31
Hi Karen

Had a brainwave!!!

How about the postmark on the envelope???

Is it from an area where you know someone???

Love Kaz x

Karen
29-11-06, 20:34
Thank you all for your support. I won't stop posting but I will only write about general day to day stuff.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Ive just had a thought!!! Do you recognise the writing on the letter??? Maybe compare it to any letters /cards you may have recieved???<div align="right">Originally posted by kazzie - 29 November 2006 : 19:49:49</div id="right">
It was typed unfortunately so I can't tell. I am hoping whoever it is might own up.

smithjam
29-11-06, 20:35
Hi

Whether you agree or disagree with what people have written, I always felt that no one should interfere in people's lives, only give advice were it is possible. Something like this no matter how good intentioned it might seem to someone, just doesn't help anybody. Nobody has the right to play God where mental health is an issue, as you don't know where it may lead. I feel so sorry for Karen, this is somewhere where she can feel safe and let her heart out. It has always concerned me that someone might know me, by reading my posts, so I tend not to write too many unless I really need to. It is also bad because where does Karen go from here. Whatever you do don't leave the forum - would it be possible to put up the whole letter. Do the Doctors know you visit this website? This has made me really angry!

Take Care
J

LickeyEndBlues
29-11-06, 23:57
Sounds like a huge well intentioned mistake!! I hope this doesn't prove a set back for you.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Karen
30-11-06, 07:23
Kazzie - I did see the envelope unfortunatey so no clues there.

I have my suspicions but will see if the person contacts me or owns up.

J - Thanks for your support and I am sorry if I have caused you doubts about posting here. It wasn't my intention. All I wanted to do was let my friends here know why I won't be posting so much and also to warn others that this kind of thing can happen.

I'm not going to be able to post the way I used to.

kate
30-11-06, 07:41
Karen,

I too hope that the person involved has the decency to own up. They owe you that much at least.

Love Kate x

hopeful
30-11-06, 09:45
Hi Karen,
I hope you dont think it was me. I read all your posts but Id never do anything like that.
This has left me feeling guilty for some reason,it happened once at school when someones book had gone missing and the teacher asked who had taken it. I knew nothing about the book but still felt guilty.
If the sender of the letter is reading then please admit it was you as Karen has enough stress already without having to think about who it could be.
Take care Karen
julie x

Karen
30-11-06, 10:49
Thanks Julie and Kate.

I don't really need the added stress of wondering who it was who did this. I can't help questioning who I can and can't trust. I certainly will never be as open about how I am feeling from now on.

Paddington
30-11-06, 11:08
Oh dear what a mess!!I too believe the letter to be well intentioned,thosooo misguided.As piglet has said ,we have,at times,wanted to intervene,i asked you once Karen do you remember!!?It looks to me as tho it is someone who has followed your thread from afar,and decided to jump in,a guest maybe?If you are reading this ,who ever did this,please tell Karen so she can know her friends ARE to be trusted!I ,for, one am going to ask nic if i can change my name now,as i too use my real name!Such a shame ,but hey a lesson learned i think!Karen i hope at some point thatyou can get your trust back,so glad you are not leaving the forum too.Your strengh continues to be an inspiration.Love ,as ever,Mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lizzie1975
30-11-06, 11:34
I really hope this doesn't set you back, after all the person seemed to be generally caring and wanting to help you which in a way is a lovely thing to do, i bet if they're reading all these posts they're now feeling extremely upset that what they thought was an act of kindness has gone so horribly wrong.

Definitely seems like a well intentioned mistake. Hope you're feeling Ok today karen,

Lizzie XXXX

Quirky
30-11-06, 13:19
Hi Karen,

I hope you're feeling a bit better about things today. I just wish the person would own up and tell you, far better than letting you keep wondering who it was. It must be horrid for you, even if it was well meant. It's horrible for us too, I know it wasn't me and it makes me sad that you may now not trust me (and other close friends here) due to what someone else did :(. This person has not only upset you but alot of your friends and it may sadly change how people post on this forum.

Anyway I'm still thinking of you and still here for you. I hope you're ok.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

carlin
30-11-06, 14:15
Hi Karen, my goodness, am so sorry you are having to go through all of this on top of everything else. thinking of you and sending love and hugs darling xxxxxjean

Karen
30-11-06, 16:11
I am still here and reading. As ever, the messages of support mean such a lot to me. I just don't feel able to write very much now.

Thank you Lisa, Mary Rose, Jean, and Lizzie.

Having looked through the copies of posts that were sent (and more significantly those that weren't sent), I do have a suspicion who it might have been but don't want to say more without proof. I hope that person might contact me so we can resolve this situation once and for all.

Karen xx

Quirky
30-11-06, 16:59
Hi Karen,

I hope you get this sorted soon sis.

Thinking of you lots,

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

happyone
30-11-06, 18:16
Hi,
I just wanted to offer a couple of words of support as a fairly new user.
It does look as though someone has possibly meant well but it would be fair of them to put their hands up and let you know. It sounds like you have had a pretty rotten shock.
I feel a little paranoid now, as like a previous post said, I have always had this niggle of a doublt that someone could identify me through this site. However, I won't let it put me off, I'll just be aware of what personal info I give.
It is difficult though, cos if you get talking to people on sites like this, you can't help but give them that little bit more as you want them to know you trust them.
Take care, and I hope all works out well.
Happyone

Lizzie1975
30-11-06, 18:17
I hope you and whoever get it sorted soon too.

It's wonderful that you're still posting, even if you feel you don't want to say to much it's just nice to hear from you.

Hope you have a peaceful evening,

Lizzie XXX

kazzie
30-11-06, 19:57
Hi Karen

Nothing too add really just wanted to say hi and thinking of you!!!

Any news on whether you will be home for the weekend yet???

Luv Kaz x x x

Karen
30-11-06, 22:21
Thank you for the messages. Thank you Lisa and Lizzie.

Kaz - Yes I am going home for the weekend. I'll be going home Saturday morning until Monday afternoon.

HappyOne - Welcome to the forum. I hope my experience doesn't put you off. I have been very open about my situation in the past and gave out more information than I should.

Karen xx

nomorepanic
30-11-06, 22:24
Karen

Thanks for taking time to support me on my post - much appreciated.

Sorry I haven't replied to PM yet I seem to have loads of mails to deal with lol - I am sure you understand.

Take care ok
xxx

Nicola

Piglet
30-11-06, 22:26
Just saying goodnight mate :)

Love Piglet x

Karen
30-11-06, 23:02
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Sorry I haven't replied to PM yet I seem to have loads of mails to deal with lol - I am sure you understand.
<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 30 November 2006 : 22:24:14</div id="right">
No problem Nic. Of course I understand.

Karen xx

Quirky
01-12-06, 13:11
Hi Karen,

Just saying hi, I hope you're ok today.

Are you looking forward to the weekend at home? I hope you have a safe journey home tomorrow and feel a bit more at ease at home this weekend.

Thinking of you,

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

jill
01-12-06, 15:44
Hi Karen,

Words fail me on this one, I am shocked. Just want to say I'm thinking of you.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Paddington
01-12-06, 15:55
Dear Karen,have a wonderful weekend.Look after yourelf and try to put this sorry mess behind you.You doing great kiddo!Love M.R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Piglet
01-12-06, 16:31
Are you still coming home for the weekend hun??

Piglet x

PanickyPolly
01-12-06, 17:14
OMG that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo distgusting. Who would stoop so low? What is wrong with people?!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! Karen don't go...privately message us if you want. Who the heel would go to the trouble of finding out who your spychiatrist is and giving the posts to her? Karen I hate to make assumptins here but could it be someone in your family or a friend that isn't on here? We simply wouldn't have that info you see.

Blessings xxx

Piglet
01-12-06, 17:29
Karen can't get on the site today - computer connection dodgy again.

We'll catch you tomorrow hun when you get home :D

Love Piglet xx

Quirky
01-12-06, 19:54
Thanks for letting us know Piglet.

Lisa x

Lizzie1975
01-12-06, 19:56
Ta Piglet X

Look forward to hearing from you soon Karen XX

kazzie
01-12-06, 20:22
Hi Karen

WOW 2 nights at home this time well done you!!!:D:D:D

Dont suppose you will get this till you are home but safe journey and hope to catch you in chat over the weekend[8D][8D][8D]

Take Care

Luv Kaz x x x x x x x

Karen
01-12-06, 20:41
Just managed to get online briefly.

It has been a difficult day here for various reasons.

Lizzie1975
01-12-06, 21:00
Do you mean at home or on the forum? Whatever's happened the day's done now and you've coped with it so well done.

I'm signing off now for Celebrity but will hopefully catch up tomorrow, really hope you're hanging in there OK Karen,

Love,

Lizzie XXX

feege
01-12-06, 21:06
Oh my god karen i can't believe it - only read the first post on here will read the rest to see if any further info but just gutted to hear that... why would it even occur to anyone - I feel really frightened I have been so open on here about stuff...

I feel very silenced too...

Love you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

feege
01-12-06, 21:20
Having read everyone's posts I have just texted Karen - I feel paranoid someone might think it was me as I haven't been on the site for a few days (sick dog and migraine and so tired).

The whole thing has made me feel very sick and vulnerable and angry and I really hope the person who did it owns up so Karen knows what's what...

Karen hun - I really really hope you are coping with all this - it must be very very hard for you at such a difficult time. It was very stupid of whoever did it however well meaning. Someone with too much time on their hands I'd say.

I no longer feel safe to post personal stuff on this forum myself - I feel I have put far too much detail in and have exposed my family too - and I now feel stupid for having been so naive and trusting.

I will be thinking of you hon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?

Quirky
01-12-06, 22:27
Hi Karen,

Safe journey home sis, hope you have a good weekend.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Karen
01-12-06, 22:34
Thank you Lizzie, Lisa and Fee.

I'm leaving hospital early tomorrow so that I make as much of my free time as possible.

Fee - Please don't feel paranoid. I understand that you might be worrying about what you have posted on here now. However, I think whoever did write and send copies of my threads to my psychiatrist did so out of concern - it is just that their actions were very misguided and definitely against my wishes. I hope that my experience prevents this happening to anyone else.

My biggest concern today is that I have upset K. Other stuff has been happening here but I no longer feel able to talk openly about it.

Karen xx

lainey
01-12-06, 22:44
Karen

I really feel for you after what has happened, I really don't know what to say.
As everyone else has said, whoever did this had good intentions but they obviously don't know you well enoughto know how much it would affect you.
I hope you enjoy your weekend.
It is so sad that you are unable to spill out on here anymore, I'm here if you need me.
Take care chuck

Elaine x

Quirky
02-12-06, 10:37
Hi Karen,

I hope you are home safe by the time you read this.

Hugs,

Lisa x

Karen
02-12-06, 10:57
Thanks Elaine. Yes Lisa I am home safely.

But... (oops forgot myself for a minute then - post edited)

lainey
02-12-06, 12:01
Hi Karen

Hope you are ok at home chuck.

Hang on in there

take care

Elaine x

Lizzie1975
02-12-06, 12:07
Hi Karen,

I hope you enjoy your time at home this weekend, there's always X factor to look forward too tonight (i've got to go out damn it!!).

I don't think you need to be overly worried what you write on here, i think it's more details of where you are/were etc. that it's best not to divulge. And also, like you said, your psychiatrist can't read things that you haven't consented too so i can't see how there can be any further breach of trust?

I hope you and K are ok, remember you've worried many times that you've upset her and it's always turned out ok hasn't it?

My son ambushed me into putting up the christmas tree last night so four weeks of hoovering pine needles and cats climbing it and tipping it over, can't wait! As you can tell i haven't any festive spirit yet :D

Love

Lizzie XX

Piglet
02-12-06, 12:39
Yes Lizzie we put our decorations up last night too!! :D:D

Karen nice to have you back home - 'Take that' are on telly tonight in an 'Audience with' which I quite fancy settling down to.

Big hugs

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
02-12-06, 13:05
Thanks Elaine. I am at home.

Lizzie: That's early with the Christmas tree although I've put mine up right at the beginning of December in the past. Don't see much point this year as I am hardly at home.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I don't think you need to be overly worried what you write on here, i think it's more details of where you are/were etc. that it's best not to divulge.
<div align="right">Originally posted by Lizzie1975 - 02 December 2006 : 12:07:10</div id="right">
Sadly I think I do still need to be careful. The person who sent the letter and posts to my psychiatrist still knows where I am, as I'm sure many others do from my previous posts. I therefore need to keep personal thoughts and feeling to myself.

Yes, I'll be watching X Factor tonight as it's a Barry Manilow night!

Piglet - The Take That programme sounds good too.

Karen xx

kate
02-12-06, 13:09
Hope you have an enjoyable weekend at home, Karen.

Love Kate x

Lizzie1975
02-12-06, 13:13
Wow isn't he your absolute fave?! That'll be extra good then - plus the take that thingy too!! Why o why am i going out tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nomorepanic
02-12-06, 18:53
Karen

Are you coming to music quiz at 10??

Nicola

Nel
02-12-06, 19:30
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">This is just to let you all know that I can no longer trust people on this forum, many of whom I had come to consider close friends.

Someone here took it upon themselves to print off copies of my posts on this forum (as well as other people's replies) and send them, together with an anonymous letter, to my psychiatrist.

Whoever took this action was acting on the misguided opinion that they were helping but I can tell you now that it does not help and I do not appreciate anyone interferring in this way. I feel saddened and very angry.

My psychiatrist has given me the photocopies because I did not consent to this information being sent to her, and she said she felt uncomfortable, as if listening in to a private telephone conversation.

She will be giving me a copy of the anonymous letter later.

I can no longer write here anymore. I cannot trust anyone. I think whoever took this action could at least have the decency to let me know who is was. In fact, I am very upset that anyone could take such action behind my back in the first place, let alone not even warning me.

This forum is no longer a safe place for me and I feel very sad about that.

Karen

<div align="right">Originally posted by Karen - 29 November 2006 : 11:57:37</div id="right">

Wow, how awful!
Is it possible that the concerned person wasn't a member of the site? I mean by that anyone could print off our posts.
Regardless, glad you have decided to stick around xxx

Quirky
02-12-06, 20:10
Hi sis,

Hope you've settled in at home a bit now sis, glad you got home safe.

Hope you enjoy the x-factor mate and have a good evening.

Big hugs,

Lisa x

Karen
02-12-06, 20:43
Nic: How are you this evening. Yes I'll be there for the quiz. Look forward to seeing you there.

Lisa: Thanks sis. I'm safely at home. I wish I could say more but I still feel I have to be careful now.

Nel: Yes this is a public forum so in theory anyone could have seen my posts and sent copies to the hospital. However, from the anonymous letter I think it was someone who has been reading my threads for some time, even if the person hadn't posted much.

Kate: Thanks for your message. How are you? I'm just looking forward to some peace and quiet, as well as some freedom.

Lizzie: Barry is my favourite singer and I'm looking forward to seeing him sing later. I hope you have a good night out.

Karen xx

freakedout
02-12-06, 21:00
Hi Karen

I am totally shocked to read about this 'breach of trust'

I sincerely hope that it has not done your head in too much. It does make you wary about revealing your feelings and thoughts, but that is the very reason many people come to this site, for support, and to share problems etc.

Respect to your psychiatrist, I think she handled the situation sensitively by handing the printed stuff back to you.

Take care of yourself, and I hope that you NEVER have to experience anything like that again.

Freaky

"I'd let myself go but I've already gone!!"

Karen
02-12-06, 21:35
Thank you Freaky. Even though my psychiatrist didn't use the information sent to her I feel awkward about writing too much now. It is like someone taping a phone conversation and playing it back to someone else. I still feel awkward about that.

Karen
02-12-06, 21:38
I watched Barry Manilow on X Factor and now I've found some clips of Cagney & Lacey online.

Have been watching some this evening. One of the funniest scenes is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaTJQ4cH46s&mode=related&search=

I needed cheering up.

Quirky
02-12-06, 21:50
Hi Karen,

I'm glad you enjoyed Barry and that the Cagney and Lacy clip cheered you up.

It's such a shame you now feel you can't say much here (although I totally understand why you feel that way). It's just sad because posting your feelings here used to help you.

Lisa x

Karen
02-12-06, 22:49
Hi Lisa

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">It's such a shame you now feel you can't say much here (although I totally understand why you feel that way). It's just sad because posting your feelings here used to help you.
<div align="right">Originally posted by LJ - 02 December 2006 : 21:50:24</div id="right">
Yes, it did help but now I don't feel I can say anything.

X Factor was good!

Karen xx

Quirky
02-12-06, 23:12
Hi Karen,

I hope there is someone you can talk to about how you're feeling either a friend at the clinic or someone you still trust online as I know writing here did help and I hate to think of you having to bottle everything up instead now.

I hope you are able to sleep well tonight in your own home. Do you have any plans for tomorrow?

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

belle
02-12-06, 23:34
Hi Karen...
I know i don't know you very well, but i read your threads everyday to see how you're getting on :)
(Sorry about the recent *issue* that you had to deal with)
I hope you have a good weekend and a less stressful week ahead!
Take Care..
Sarah

Piglet
03-12-06, 11:00
Hi ya pumpkin,

Sorry I didn't make it to the quiz last night but I really really wanted to watch the Take That prog on at 9.30 and I'm glad I did cos I really enjoyed it. They sang a new ballady song that very nearly made me cry it was so beautiful - not many songs do that to me on first hearing.

Plus Peter Kay was there and I love him to death.

Didn't sleep a flippin wink last night as the wind and rain here was bordering on being a bit scary with dustbins flying around etc!!

Are you journeying back today hun???

Love Piglet :) xx

Quirky
03-12-06, 11:05
Hi Sis,

I hope you have a good day today. Thinking of you.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Karen
03-12-06, 11:59
Thank you Sarah, Lisa and Piglet.

Lisa: I still write to K, although I am a bit worried about things between us at the moment. I also have email contact with Meg and Nigel rings me. So I do have friends to talk to but I do miss being able to talk freely here.

Sarah: Thank you for your support.

Piglet: I wanted toi watch Take That too so I watched the first half and videoed the rest. Which song do you like? I bought their new album the other day and it's brilliant.

Missed you in chat. I hope you'll be able to make the next one.

It's blowing a gale and pouring of rain here today too. I've been out to do a bit of Xmas shopping and got soaked. Maybe you could have a rest today.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Are you journeying back today hun???
<div align="right">Originally posted by Piglet - 03 December 2006 : 11:00:14</div id="right">
No I'm not going back until late tomorrow afternoon/early eveing as I have my CPA at 3.00 pm.

Karen xx

sandie
03-12-06, 12:13
Hi Karen

I'm so saddened by the experience you've had with NMP. I've come to almost rely on this site in the last week - it has been such a HUGE distraction for me and I think I've made one or 2 friends. I've certainly found a lot of posts which have helped me look at what I'm going thru a bit differently, as well as some practical hints on how to get thru.

My loneliness has had the edge taken off of it by NMP - but I'm now a little worried that some of the things I've said could be in the public domain in a BIG way.

I walked into an 'atmosphere' in the chat room the other day which upset me. Why are people who are visiting the site because they are anxious, making it more uncomfortable or painful for others experiencing similar or worse stresses and issues? I really am
worried when I see these situations.

Sandie

Quirky
03-12-06, 12:28
Hi Karen,

I'm glad you still have some people you can talk to sis. If you ever need me you know where I am.

Well done for going Christmas shopping, especially if the weather was horrid too.

Have a good and hopefully relaxing afternoon,

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Piglet
03-12-06, 13:48
Sandie - don't feel like that hun, pretty well most of the time things are lovely here on NMP and quiz nights are especially fun. A very big welcome to you and I'm so glad it's helping!

Karen - I don't know what the song was but based on that and the new single that I like so much, I think I will have to get the album too. You can imagine me singing to it if you like - I can clear a room in 3 seconds when I start, I think it's cos my singing is soooo moving!!!

Hugs

Piglet xx

bearcrazy
03-12-06, 16:43
hi karen,
i have been shocked by what i have read today, and worried. sometimes i have been very open with people. its scary that you cant trust the people that you come to rely on for support. i will certainly think about what i tell people in future. hope you are feeling much bettter about things and enjoying your time at home,
tc xxx

Lizzie1975
03-12-06, 20:55
Hi Karen and all,

Just finished watching all lasts nights tele on vid, and yes piglet that song had me in tears! love Take that, forgot how much!! Stop it Lizzie, sad sad old fan you are now! And Karen, loved the Barry eve on X factor so much, Leona is truly amazing, but Ray made me cry - why am i always reduced to tears?!

Karen, hope you make it back safe and sound and your weekend at home was Ok,

Lizzie XXXXX

Karen
03-12-06, 22:04
Thank you all.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Karen, hope you make it back safe and sound and your weekend at home was Ok,
<div align="right">Originally posted by Lizzie1975 - 03 December 2006 : 20:55:07</div id="right">
I haven't gone yet! I have another day at home becaue of my Care Plan Assessment tomorrow. I'll be going back after that.

Karen xx

Piglet
03-12-06, 22:34
Lizzie we'd be a barrel of laughs together wouldn't we mate - I cry if people just have a vulnerable expression [:I] and don't ever get me started on the film 'Finding Neverland' I cried so much I was nearly sick and had to be put to bed with a cold flannel (except the piglets used a dirty wet tea towel - nice [}:)][Sigh...])!!

Nightie night peeps xxxxx

Piglet :)

Quirky
03-12-06, 22:36
Hi Karen,

Just saying night night. I doubt I'll get online at all tomorrow before you leave as I have a busy day so I hope the CPA goes well and that you have a safe journey back to the hospital.

Take care,

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Karen
03-12-06, 22:56
Night Lisa and Piglet.

I am feeling nervous about my CPA tomorrow. I am hoping to get a discharge date but am not sure it will be as soon as I would like it to be.

Karen xx

Quirky
03-12-06, 22:59
It's natural to feel nervous sis but I hope it goes well. Let us know how it goes if you feel you can type any of that here. Will be thinking of you.

Nighty night,

Love Lisa x

heths
04-12-06, 13:11
Hi Karen,

It's a shame you feel you can't open up on here, although I understand why. I think like others have said, the person thought they were trying to help.

I hope your CPA went well,

Take Care,

Heather x

Piglet
04-12-06, 13:24
Hope it went ok mate and let us know when you get back to the clinic.

Love Piglet x

Paddington
04-12-06, 13:26
hI Karen.I too love Barry Manilow,what a voice!!Ialso sobbed when Ray sang my way!I am a little worried about myself as i find him very attractive and he is young enuff to be my VERY YOUNG SON!When he did jailhouse rock the other week i couldn't look!!!lol!!A young george clooney methinks??I am also very upset that david gest was voted out and am thinking of making a complaint to pj and duncan!!lol!!My mother thinks i am in love with him????WILL YOU PLEASE FETCH MY MEDICATION SOMEONE!!!LOL!!...Hope all went well with your cpa Karen and you got the answers you needed.You know it is so sad you feel you cant talk openly any more.I hope that passes in time hun.Noone will do that again will they?I would think the lessen has been learned!Has made every one more cautious to a certain extent tho,including me ,as you know!Safe journey hun bun.Love M.R.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Karen
04-12-06, 13:43
Thank you all for your support.

My CPA is at 3pm and I am feeling very anxious now. There is a lot riding on this.

I wish I could stay at home afterwards.

Karen xx

carlin
04-12-06, 14:05
Hope things go well special lady xxJean

Quirky
04-12-06, 14:39
Hi Karen,

Thinking of you sis, I hope it goes well this afternoon and that you have a safe journey back.

Lots of love and hugs,

Lisa x

lainey
04-12-06, 14:39
Hi Karen

I hope your CPA goes well chuck, fingers crossed for you.

Have a safe journey back

Take care

Elaine x

Lizzie1975
04-12-06, 14:48
Hi Karen,

Sorry, wasn't wishing you back there so soon lol!

Hope the CPA goes well, good luck!

Lizzie X

kazzie
04-12-06, 16:10
Hi Karen

Hope it went well today, let us know that you are back safe

Thinking of you

Kaz x x x

feege
04-12-06, 17:10
Hi Karen

Hope it went well this afternoon hon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Piglet
04-12-06, 21:59
Just popped in to check you got back safely - can't text cos got no credit!

I also wanted to tell you that I went Xmas shopping today for an hour at 4.00pm (was dark mind :D). Got lots of little bits and bobs and yes did feel very wobbly in places (good underwear might help with that [:I]) but not too bad on the whole - oh it was lovely to be shopping I haven't been properly shoppin like that since about March/April time I don't think.

Sometimes I think the thought of doing things is worse than the actual doing things (stupid piglet [Duh!] we all know that)!! Anyway its shows how the babysteps of doing Marks & Spencers for the past few weeks has helped.

I must try and build on this - an encouraging start though!!

I did keep telling myself Piglet do you really want to stay stuck at home forever and I managed to overpower the little voice that said yes and keep marching on. I also said sod it if I have a panic attack well I have a panic attack it's hardly in the league of heinious crimes (I don't know what heinious means or how to spell it but I know its bad and I'm not so that's ok)!!

Youngest piglet gave me a big squeeze when we got back :D:D:D

Night night lovelies.

Piglet :) xx

Karen
04-12-06, 22:23
Hi All

Thank you for the good luck messages. I attended the CPA with 7 mental health professionals [:O]. I was so anxious.

It was a complicated meeting and I can't really go in to all the details following recent events. However, one good result of today was that because the meeting went on for so long and it was getting late I've been allowed an extra night at home. The weather has been dreadful here and it wouldn't have been good travelling back in those conditions.

So I am going back in the morning.

Piglet: Well done for your Christmas shopping success. I'm proud of you mate :). Keep up the good work!

Karen xx

clickaway
04-12-06, 22:32
OMG - that meeting seemed a bit heavy with seven of them! Still, every cloud has a silver lining, eh?

Piglet - well done on the shopping - are you trying to progress from going out in total darkness to twilight?

Take Care each

Ray

Piglet
04-12-06, 22:32
Gosh facing 7 people must have been very nerve wracking - well done for dealing with that :):)

I'm glad you haven't travelled back tonight mate, the weather is really foul. Right off to bed now!

Take care

kazzie
04-12-06, 22:33
Hi Karen

Well done for getting thro the meeting!!!

Good news that you have an extra night at home:D:D:D

Take Care

Luv Kaz x

Piglet
04-12-06, 22:36
Sorry Ray must have been posting at the same time there.

I think I will just stick with this for the moment and when that becomes more and more comfortable yes I will move to twilight, then to daylight.

I try not to set goals too far as it becomes a little overwhelming otherwise. Just going to Marks & Spencers took a few weeks to feel ok, so I will allow myself plenty of time at each stage. :D:D:D

Love Piglet xxxx

lainey
04-12-06, 22:56
Hi Karen

Glad the meeting was ok and that you were allowed another night at home, the weather is dreadful here too.
Just tried to do some online xmas shopping, filled in all my details and the order only to be told the site was busy gggrrrrrr!!!
Take care

Elaine x

lainey
04-12-06, 22:57
Piglet
Well done on the shopping mate, you are doing so well.

Take care

Elaine x

Quirky
04-12-06, 23:36
Hi Karen,

Well done for coping with all that sis, so proud of you :D. It's good you have another night at home and didn't have to drive in bad weather. I hope you have a safe journey back tomorrow.

Piglet - Well done mate, proud of you too :D. Aww and youngest Piglet sounds so caring :).

Night all,

Lisa x

Piglet
05-12-06, 11:44
Are you back yet mate?

Thanks Lainey and Lis :D:D:D

Piglet xx

Quirky
05-12-06, 11:47
You're welcome Piglet. I have praised you on my thread too :D

Karen - I hope you have had a safe journey back today.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Lizzie1975
05-12-06, 13:04
Wow, well done for getting through the CPA, i remember all those people in the ward rounds and CPA's, i used to absolutely poo my pants. Does there really need to be so many of them!!!!!! Proud of you missus, not easy.

Hope you enjoyed your extra eve at home,

Lizzie XX

Paddington
05-12-06, 13:41
wow that must have been a bit daunting Karen!Well done you!An extra bit of free time tho??Worth it maybe?I do hope so.Safe journey Karen,Love M.R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lizzie1975
05-12-06, 14:44
Meant to ask if you saw 'help me help my child' on channel 4 last night, v v interesting and next week it's about a girl with anorexia being treated at the Maudsley - just thought i'd let you know incase you fancied a watch,

XXXX

carlin
05-12-06, 14:49
Hi Karen, well done to you darling by coping with all of that!!! As for Piglet, well, yes you and Karen are an inspiration to many of us, but to be honest i think you are silly and your spelling is atrosious...ridiclus...silly too!! Well done Piglet, keep at it, and Karen our special lady, keep in touch. xxxxxJean

Piglet
05-12-06, 15:49
Jean - I had a slight snorting moment there!!! :D:D:D:D Just shurrup and drink your Baileys!

Karen hun how's your day going?

Love Piglet xx

Karen
05-12-06, 16:24
Hi everyone

Sorry not to post sooner but it's been a bit chaotic here since I've been back. There have been a few changes with new patients and the atmosphere is very stressed at present. I can't really say anything more about it.

The journey back was fine. It is strange being back after a few days at home. I'm hoping for at least the same amount of time on leave next weekend but won't find out until the ward round tomorrow.

Lizzie - I didn't see that programme but I did tape it. The one next week sounds interesting.

I'm waiting for Paul O'Grady to start as Barry Manilow is on there tonight I think. I hope he's on during the first half otherwise I'll miss it due to meal time.

Karen xx

Piglet
05-12-06, 17:06
Nice to know you're safely there mate.

Enjoy your Barry Manilow!!!

Love Piglet xx

kazzie
05-12-06, 18:08
Glad you are back safe and sound Karen:D:D[:

Thinking of you as always

Take Care

Luv Kaz x

Lizzie1975
05-12-06, 18:53
ooo i hate change, i feel for you.... hopefully by now all is more settled and who knows, new patients, new friends maybe?

Lizzie XX

Quirky
05-12-06, 20:19
Hi Karen,

Glad you got back safely. It must be hard having to keep adjusting but you are doing so well sis.

Thinking of you,

Lisa x

Karen
06-12-06, 12:38
Thank you for all the messages. It is extremely stressful here at present having to see and hear other patients in distress.

I had my ward round this morning and it is good news. I'm going on home leave from tomorrow morning until Sunday night. I can't wait particularly as I don't like the menu choices again today.

This afternoon I need to see the dietician. My consultant said I can have a trial on a free diet, which means when I am here I'll have more food choices (apart from the main dinner and pudding I think).

I can't wait for the morning.

Karen xx

Piglet
06-12-06, 12:40
Nice one mate :)

Love Piglet xx

Lizzie1975
06-12-06, 13:10
What wonderful news Karen - you have freedom of choice back again,

Lizzie X

lainey
06-12-06, 13:51
Great news Karen

Enjoy your time at home chuck

Take care

Elaine x

Karen
06-12-06, 15:23
Thank you Lizzie, Piglet and Elaine.

Just had another good result. I have seen the dietician and because my weight is at the top end of my weight band I can drop the main pudding from my diet plan. I've got more choice with my light meals now too - no more sandwiches with fillings like peanut butter, coleslaw or mayonnaise (yuk!).

Karen xx

Piglet
06-12-06, 15:27
Oh I am so pleased - it's nice to feel you have some choices isn't it.

Love Piglet xx

Karen
06-12-06, 15:29
Yes it is Piglet.

Karen xx

kazzie
06-12-06, 15:38
Hi Karen

What brill news:D

Well done you!!!

At last you are on the mend

Hope to see you in chat while you are at home[8D]

Luv Kaz x

Lizzie1975
06-12-06, 15:43
So wonderful to hear you've had a good couple of days, long may it continue XXXXX

Quirky
06-12-06, 15:51
Hi Karen,

What great news sis, well done :D. I think it will really help you to have more choice about what you can eat.

I hope you have a safe journey home tomorrow.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

stargazer
06-12-06, 20:51
Hi all

This is Karen's friend back home, hi Karen, just want to let you know that I am trying my best to be there for you but with a home and family to run I have no time,:( I am not upset by the way I don't know if you got all my text honey but I said water under the bridge am holding no grudges, I was just a little over sensitive the reasons for which you know. I am so sorry that you have had your trust breached if I find out who it is I'll sock em one for you, I know how important this site is to you and all who use it,:D

By the way good luck to everyone here and i hope you can all sort out your various problems, prayers for all of you and ++++++++++++ thoughts.

Hope you don't mind me joining your "family" but I am getting fed up with texting and I know that phone calls are difficult and mobiles cost too much don't they???;)

You are all so sweet and lovely here and Karen you have some wonderful backup, I hope you will let me post here.

Do love you you know, DD sends her love and big kisses and says you don't have to worry about Christmas this year, just think about getting yourself as well as you can. Dh also sends love and Mum too.:D[:X]

Karen
07-12-06, 07:28
Thank you Lizzie, Kazzie and Lisa. I am planning on leaving here straight after breakfast so I can get home as early as possible. After 2 days of being back here I need some peace and quiet. No one would believe what the past few days have been like.

Stargazer - Welcome. I don't want to say too much personal stuff here but I do want to say that I value our friendship and maybe there are ways we could both have done things differently.

I know you are busy with your home and family and that's why I try not to ask for help too often. I don't want my illness to be a burden to you when it is my problem I am ill.

There have been lots of times during the past couple of years that I have wanted and needed someone to turn to. But that's wrong because, as you say, you have your family and your own life. I should be able to cope alone.

This is a very difficult time for you and I do understand that. I also appreciate the help and support you have given me since I've been in hospital. I too find texting is not the same as 'real' conversation. I can have phone calls here, it is just difficult for me to make outgoing calls due to the expense.

This anorexia causes self-obsession and withdrawal from people and life. I don't like that part of myself. I am sorry to you and to all my friends who might feel I have taken them for granted. I didn't mean to. I just find it hard to see anything outside of anorexia at times. I don't really want to say more on the subject on the public board.

Please give DD my love and let her know that Christmas won't be passing her by as far as I am concerned this year. I won't be bothering much with Christmas apart from that, however.

Hope you and your family are OK and maybe we can catch up properly when I am on leave sometime - next time as you are busy this weekend. Love to everyone.

Karen xx

Piglet
07-12-06, 10:20
Karen have a safe journey hun.

Stargazer - A very big welcome to you :D - any friend of Karens is a most welcome addition to the site and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Love Piglet :)

Quirky
07-12-06, 11:41
Hi Karen,

Hope by the time you read this you have had a safe journey home. Hope you enjoy your few days at home.

Stargazer - welcome to the site :D.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Karen
07-12-06, 13:41
I'm home but I am not happy. In fact I am totally and utterly gutted and distraught.

K wrote this morning and has asked me to make a decision that I can't make. I don't want to lose her but I think I have gone too far and now she has had enough.

I don't know what to say and I can't even talk about it properly on here anymore.

:(:(:(

Piglet
07-12-06, 13:45
Here if you need me :)

Love Piglet xx

kazzie
07-12-06, 14:05
Hi Karen

Sorry things arent so great today but glad you got home ok

Take care

Luv Kaz x x x

kazzie
07-12-06, 14:06
Oh sorry how rude lol

WELCOME STARGAZER:D

KAZ X

Paddington
07-12-06, 15:22
DearKaren,i was so glad to see you are allowed home hun bun,and lovely for your friend to join too[hello stargazer,what a lovely tag name xx]Oh dear,why dont you phone some one and talk it thru if you canr write it on here?I am sure talking it our will help put things inro perspective?Give it a go,Love M.R. xxxxNO MKORE YUKKY PUDDINS HHOORAH!!PEANUT BUTTER YUK!!:)

Lizzie1975
07-12-06, 15:31
Karen hope you're Ok and that you manage to sort things out with K, all I can say is that many times you've thought she's had enough with you etc. but it's never happened and i hope this time will prove to be the same.

Welcome to you Stargazer!

Lizzie XX

Quirky
07-12-06, 15:37
Hi Karen,

Sorry you feel so distraught about whatever is happening with K. I hope you can resolve it. If she is asking you to do something I can only imagine she thinks it is for your own good? She has always stuck by you so I doubt you'll lose her now. I expect she is just trying to help you?

It's sad you can't talk here now but I hope you manage to sort it out.

Thinking of you.

Love Lisa x

Karen
07-12-06, 16:01
Thank you all.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">all I can say is that many times you've thought she's had enough with you etc. but it's never happened...</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
This time it is different. She's had enough of me and my anorexia.

Karen xx

belle
07-12-06, 16:28
Hi..
Sorry to intrude, by may i ask if "K" is a member of NMP? I am reading but i think perhaps i have missed something.

I'm sorry that your friend is feeling down about your illness. When i was ill with bulimia my friend just "gave up on me". She got tired of seeing me look so ill, have no energy, always fussing about calories etc. I guess when you care about someone so much and you're watching/hearing them basically destroy themselves its hard to deal with. Looking back now, i can totally understand that.
I'm not sending this message in a negative way at all and i pray that you dont take it like that, its just when you've gone through it yourself you want to help others.

Just take a second and see it from her perspective and then try and talk to her.
Take Care,
SarahC x

creatrix
07-12-06, 16:44
This reminds me of an experience on another board I used to frequent. There, someone had jokingly posted a pic of his bum - it was a music site where that sort of thing was just funny and no one ever seemed to mind - and someone took it upon themselves to send it to his boss. the guy lost his JOB over this BS! So no matter how safe you feel on a site, I would say to always exercize restraint!! It's unfortuante that a site that was meant to offer support wound up doing just the opposite, though. Good luck, Karen!!!

stargazer
07-12-06, 17:24
Thank you for the welcome I won't intrude too much but I find texting so awful I know phoning is good but I find that being able to write what you have to say easier and I can well understand how Karen feels when it comes to conversations etc. I know it is a really bad time for her and I would like to thank you all for all you are doing I think you have all proved to be much better friends to her than me.

Karen:

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"></td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">Hi..
Sorry to intrude, by may i ask if "K" is a member of NMP? I am reading but i think perhaps i have missed something.

I'm sorry that your friend is feeling down about your illness. When i was ill with bulimia my friend just "gave up on me". She got tired of seeing me look so ill, have no energy, always fussing about calories etc. I guess when you care about someone so much and you're watching/hearing them basically destroy themselves its hard to deal with. Looking back now, i can totally understand that.

I agree it is hard to see you destroy yourself but I don't blame you for it, I am not asking you to apologise to me, but that is how I feel I am afraid for you. Nothing else okay hun so don't beat yourself up thinking you are doing this to me just concentrate on getting yourself better and if that means you crying to me down the phone or even shouting even if I can't reply do it you will feel better okay. Use me as a punch bag I cn take it I am strong enough.

I know you understand that there are times I can't physically be there okay I hope our friendship is back on track[:X]

sorry for long winded message everyone[:I][:P]

Love you "little sis"

Karen
07-12-06, 18:00
Thanks again for such supportive replies. I know I am lucky to have such good friends here.

Sarahc: I understand exactly what you mean and I haven't taken it the wrong way. I realise my illness also hurts my friends and I do feel bad about that. It makes me feel selfish and self centred because anorexia has been the focus of my world for so long.

I want to be a friend to the people who care about me rather than them worrying about me all the time. I am much healthier now than a couple of months ago but realise I still have some way to go.

About K - I talked about her a lot of previous threads. She isn't a member here. She is a very close friend from another forum.

Stargazer:

You are not intruding. I too find texting all the time frustrating and it takes so long to write anything that way.

You ARE a very good friend so don't say that others have been more supportive. I know you do what you can and you have done a lot for me.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
I hope our friendship is back on track[:X]
<div align="right">Originally posted by stargazer - 07 December 2006 : 17:24:32</div id="right">
Of course it is! It was never really off track. :)

Karen xx

belle
07-12-06, 19:01
Karen..
I am SO pleased i didn't offend you, i was concerned after i clicked "submit reply".

I know recovery is very hard but i hope you continue to be well.

SarahC x

Piglet
07-12-06, 20:56
Stargazer - no hun we haven't been better friends than you at all. The thing with the site is we can choose a time that's convenient to us to talk, this is sometimes very hard to do in the flesh when you are mixed up in the daily tasks and chores to be done and are juggling other responsiblites.

You may find you and Karen get much more opportunity to keep up by being on here, cos you can each leave conversations for each other to read, at times that suit you both. Then when you do get time to see each other in the 'real' world you can both be upto speed.

A most satisfactory arrangement for now I should imagine - I keep up with my sister this way much of the time via msn and it really helps us know what each other is upto.

Obviously it has been brought home to us recently that perhaps we need to be a little more careful with actual details of names and places etc but other than that I don't see any reason not to have a good natter.

Karen you know now that your physicatrist will not accept posts from here as it would be morally wrong of her to read them without your permission (maybe even legally too?) so please don't feel you need to be too guarded with your emotions - just careful with personal identifiable stuff!

Big hugs:D

Love Piglet xx

Karen
07-12-06, 21:11
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Karen you know now that your physicatrist will not accept posts from here as it would be morally wrong of her to read them without your permission (maybe even legally too?) so please don't feel you need to be too guarded with your emotions - just careful with personal identifiable stuff!
<div align="right">Originally posted by Piglet - 07 December 2006 : 20:56:43</div id="right">
I still don't feel able to say anything. I feel like someone is listening in to private conversations even though this is a public forum. It is my life away from hospital and I want it to stay that way.

Karen xx

Piglet
07-12-06, 21:59
I know mate - I think it gave us all a little start too and will take some time for us to settle back down (but maybe not a bad thing that we now be a little bit more economic with the identifiable stuff)!!!

Night night pumpkin.:)

Piglet xx

Quirky
07-12-06, 22:44
Hi Karen,

I hope you're doing ok and settling back in at home. Still thinking of you.

Night night,

Love Lisa x

lainey
07-12-06, 22:59
Night night Karen

Hope you have settled back at home
Thinking of you

Elaine x

Stargazer

Welcome to NMP, it's lovely to have you aboard especially for Karen

x

Lizzie1975
08-12-06, 08:31
How are you feeling today?

Lizzie XX

Karen
08-12-06, 18:08
Thank you Piglet, Lisa, Elaine and Lizzie.

I met up with Stargazer this afternoon. We did a bit of shopping and went for a cup of tea. It helped to get out for a while and spend time with a friend. Thank you Stargazer. You don't know how much today meant to me.

As for everything else I don't know what to say. Still panicking over the situation with K.

Karen xx

Lizzie1975
08-12-06, 18:25
So glad you managed to get out, can make all the difference just to be with a friend that cares for you,

Lizzie XX

Quirky
08-12-06, 18:40
Oh Karen, I am so pleased you met up with your friend, I know how much she means to you :D. Glad you had a nice afternoon.

Hope you're ok.

Love and big hugs,

Lisa x

stargazer
08-12-06, 19:44
Karen, you were so brave and forthcoming when we met up today so three cheers for Karen

HIP HIP HOORAY HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY

There were glimmers of positiveness at times honey there were, try not to let those demons frighten the positive thoughts away.

Well done again:D[:X]

clickaway
08-12-06, 20:08
Karen,

So glad you got out to meet to meet Stargazer today. I know the gift of having friends you can meet locally is so precious.

I think you have made great progress in the past couple of months and the clinic obviously think so too.

Take Care,

Ray

Karen
09-12-06, 13:59
Thanks Ray, Lisa and Lizzie.

Stargazer - Thanks for a good time yesterday. You're a star!

Karen xx

Quirky
09-12-06, 14:02
Hi Karen,

How are you today? Any plans to do anything?

Hope you're ok, thinking of you.

Love and big hugs,

Lisa x

Piglet
09-12-06, 15:02
Aw that's great that you had a lovely day yesterday - well done mate!

What you up to today???

Love Piglet xx

kazzie
09-12-06, 19:19
Hi Karen

Just wondered how you are doing today:D

luv kaz x x x

Piglet
09-12-06, 20:38
Done anything interesting with your day today hun?

Also Lizzie and Kazzie it was lovely to chat to you both last night at the quiz. :)

Piglet x

kazzie
09-12-06, 20:49
It was lovely chatting to you too piglet:D

Bring more pringles next time tho, I kept gettin the soggy licked ones:(

luv kaz x

stargazer
09-12-06, 22:56
Prngles mmmm yummy what flavour? Do you like those new ones youknow the fancy ones they are awwwwwful yuk yuk yuk my favourite sour cream and onion.

Glad you had a nice time yesterday Karen.:D

How do you get into this quiz thing I may have done it but not sure got seven out of 10.

anyway speak soon mates!!

Hope everyone here is okay.:D

Quirky
09-12-06, 23:12
Hi Karen,

Just saying hi and nighty night. I hope your afternoon/evening has been ok.

Thinking of you.

Love Lisa x

Hi stargazer - I just checked the quiz and yes you did it correctly and your score has been recorded :D

Karen
10-12-06, 05:16
Why the discussion of Pringles on my thread?!? [:O][:P] Food talk is banned here unless it is by me LOL!!!

I did a bit of Christmas shopping, posted my Christmas cards, did some housework - you know the usual things.

I forgot about the quiz because the night had changed [Duh!] Oh well there's always next time!

Karen xx

Lizzie1975
10-12-06, 11:06
Hi Karen,

Would've been lovely to see you at the quiz, was my first experience and really enjoyed myself.

Thanks to YOU Piglet, you helped a lot!!

Karen, have a nice day, weather looking good here, my fave, blue sky and bloomin fresh - aides the panic attacks for me when it's cold out!

Lizzie XXX

Piglet
10-12-06, 11:53
Karen lol at the pringles - shall we talk about chickpeas next!!!

Lizzie I hope the weekend went well hun? :)

Let's all try and get into any quiz nights that are going before Christmas if we can. Lis I promise the excitement/palpitations calm down the more you do it :D:D

Piglet xx

Quirky
10-12-06, 13:41
Hi Karen,

Sounds like you got alot done yesterday, well done :D. What are you doing today?

Piglet - I won't be able to make it to any quiz's before Xmas I don't think but even if I could it's not worth the way getting hyper aggrevates my ME, sorry. I can maybe have hot drinks waiting for you over at my place for after though :D.

Lisa x

Karen
10-12-06, 16:19
Afternoon All.

Lizzie: Shame I missed you at the quiz. Maybe next time.

Piglet:

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Karen lol at the pringles - shall we talk about chickpeas next!!!</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Umm... no!!! LOL :D. How about sprouts??? I love sprouts [^]

Lisa: It would be good if you could give the quiz another go. Or what about going into chat at other times when it is less busy at first?

Gloomy weather here so I've had a quiet day at home. Wish I didn't have to go back [Sigh...]. I'm leaving here about 7.45.

Karen xx

Quirky
10-12-06, 16:42
Hi Karen,

Sprouts! ugh! Horrid little things lol. I don't like them and they don't like me. I used to like them when I was younger though. Glad you like them, very good for you :D.

I may give the quiz another go in the new year maybe. I really did get too hyper last time and felt ill for a few days after, it's just not worth it really especially right now when I have alot to deal with in next few weeks. Maybe next year though. As for general use of the chat room, that just doesn't interest me really (unless it was to have a private chat with you or someone for instance) and even less so after reading about recent events. Sorry.

Gloomy day here too, although was very sunny and frosty first thing.

I hope you have a safe journey back tomorrow, drive carefully and let us know you're back safe if you can.

Lots of love and hugs,

Lisa x

Piglet
10-12-06, 16:56
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"> I really did get too hyper last time and felt ill for a few days after, it's just not worth it really especially right now when I have alot to deal with in next few weeks.

Lisa x

<div align="right">Originally posted by LJ - 10 December 2006 : 16:42:53</div id="right">

Lis that made me chuckle in a puzzled sort of way - it's only a quiz when all said and done hun, what is it about it that makes you so hyper????

Karen don't even get me started on sprouts - I adore them unfortunately they have rather an unplesent side effect [:I]

Piglet xx

Karen
10-12-06, 17:50
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I hope you have a safe journey back tomorrow, drive carefully and let us know you're back safe if you can.
<div align="right">Originally posted by LJ - 10 December 2006 : 16:42:53</div id="right">
I'm going back this evening unfortunately [No]

I understand about the quiz and chat sis. No point putting yourself under additional stress at the moment unnecessarily.

Piglet - LOL at the sprouts! A very healthy food though!

Karen xx

Quirky
10-12-06, 18:00
Hi Karen,

Oops I thought you meant 7.45 tomorrow morning! I hope you have a safe journey, the weather sounds really horrid out here so take good care.

Piglet - yes it is only a quiz but it really affected me, sorry[:I]. yes ok I know I am odd and it's only a quiz etc [:I]. I'm not totally sure why, I think it's one going in there makes me anxious which is not good late at night (although that alone wouldn't stop me) but the main reasons are that I am using my brain late at night (which is too stimulating for someone with ME) and also having a laugh which gets me on a real high which in turn takes me ages to come back down from. I then feel hyper and overtired and just don't sleep for hours etc. I guess no one will understand what I mean, although I know Fee will.

I'm with Piglet on the sprouts and side effects too!

Take care Karen,

Hugs,

Lisa x

Karen
10-12-06, 19:37
Thanks Lisa. I will be careful. It's not a very nice night out there.

I've not had a very good start though. Just twisted my ankle when I missed a step as I was taking some stuff downstair from my flat to the car. Now I am limping and my ankle hurts [Duh!] That's going to look really good isn't it???

Nearly ready to go. Just my laptop to pack up now. Wish I could stay here.

Karen xx

Quirky
10-12-06, 19:49
Safe journey sis.

Be careful on that ankle too - ouch! It won't look bad, it's easy for anyone to do something like that so don't worry on that front.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Piglet
10-12-06, 20:01
Have a safe journey mate and chat again tomorrow.:)

Piglet x

Karen
10-12-06, 23:27
Thanks Lisa and Piglet.

I've arrived back safely. I was a bit late but I hope that won't be held against me. It was only 15 minutes and I took it slowly because of the weather.

My ankle is sore but I'm sure it is only a sprain as I can walk on it. It's a good job I drive an automatic though and it is my left ankle that I twisted. I don't even need to mention it unless it gets worse so that shouldn't be a problem.

I got back just before evening snack - more Weetabix - I think I'll look like one if I eat any more of them! That's what I had for breakfast too.

Just hope I get at least the same time for home leave next weekend. Everything rests on what my weight is tomorrow.

Karen xx

Quirky
10-12-06, 23:29
Hi Karen,

I just popped back to see if you got back safely, glad you did :D. Just blame the weather if they say you were late, that or traffic but I doubt they will mind or mention it.

I hope the ankle is better soon.

Good luck with sorting out next weekends leave, hope you get a nice long weekend again.

Night night,

Lisa x

Piglet
11-12-06, 09:24
Good morning,

Well what a filthy day here - just right for curling up and watching Cagney and Lacey! :D

How's the ankle this morning?

feege
11-12-06, 10:33
Hi Karen

Hope you are feeling ok this morning - you seem to be doing so much better at the moment although I know you're not saying much... It makes it hard to know what to say to you too though!!

Anyway, hope this week is a good one for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh and Lisa I really had an adrenalin rush doing the quiz too - I got away with it that time but it's always a risky business for us ME quirks - it can wear me out for days sometimes. It's so hard for people to understand that - not surprising cos we don't really understand it ourselves and it's one of the most frustrating parts of ME.... but a known symptom. How boring eh!

Hope everyone else is well too xxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Quirky
11-12-06, 13:06
Hi Karen,

I hope you're ok and settled back in there, or as settled as you can be anyway.

I hope your ankle is feeling better today.

Fee - Hi fellow quirk ;). I knew you'd understand what I meant about the quiz, I agree though it is boring having to even think about how a quiz might affect us! Ho hum.

Love to all,

Lisa x

kazzie
11-12-06, 14:09
Hi Karen

Glad you got back safely!!!

How is your ankle today???

Thinking of you

luv kaz x x x

Lizzie1975
11-12-06, 14:17
Hi Karen,

Hope today is going Ok and the ankle's bearing up!

Lizzie xx

stargazer
11-12-06, 21:59
Hi guys

Hey Karen, you never told me about ankle[Oops!]DD not too good at mo she had a nightmare or something and woke up screaming she was soooo agitated bless, seemed like she was having hallucinations or something, shes asleep now but I don't know for how long!:(

Oh well, I am sure she will be full of beans, down one minute up the next although now I am all jumpy and anxious for her.

Anyway hop eyour journey was okay, horrible night, hope ankle is feeling better, that hurts.

Looking forward to Christmas night? Scrabble maybe? OR MONOPOLY?

Anyway just thought I would pop in to catch up with everyone, positive thoughts and dust to all.

Got headache so will love and leave you now GOODNIGHT [:X]

clickaway
11-12-06, 22:06
Hi Karen,

Just saying Hi and glad you got back safely. It's good that you are being let out at the weekends - a real sign of progress and trust.

Take Care,

Ray

Karen
11-12-06, 22:49
Hi All

Thank you for the messages.

I am ok but it has been a busy day. I was taken to A & E this afternoon for an x-ray. The staff here were concerned I might have a fracture of one of the bones in my foot but x-rays were clear. My foot is bruised and swollen but it is just a sprain.

Stargazer: I hope DD has settled now and doesn't have any more bad dreams.

I didn't have a chance to tell you about my injury as it happened literally as I was leaving home last night. I initially was sure it was only a sprain but then felt faint and nauseous when I put my foot to the floor last night and this morning. It's a little better now though.

Hope everyone is alright.

Karen xx

Quirky
11-12-06, 23:04
Hi Karen,

Glad the foot is not fractured and I hope the sprain eases soon.

Big (((((Hugs))))),

Love Lisa x

lainey
12-12-06, 08:41
Hi Karen

Hope your foot is better today chuck.
Glad everything was ok with the xray and that you manage to get your leave this weekend.

Take care

Elaine x

Piglet
12-12-06, 09:36
Aww very glad it's not broken hun but sorry to hear that it feels so sore - from someone who is always falling over or being bitten ;) I know what sore feet are like!!!

Try and keep off it as much as you can for the next few days if poss - like you say good job you drive an automatic![Yes!]

Love Piglet :)

brenda
12-12-06, 14:27
Oh Karen
I've been away the last couple of weeks and am just catching up with all the posts. 158 active topics to read up on and then I read this one.
I think it is dusgusting the way you have been treated by a member of this board.

I know what you mean about not being able to trust anybody now but you know that a lot of us on here are your friends and wouldnt do anything to abuse that trust.

I hope you find out who has been doing it.
I'm glad that you are doing well and hope it continues
Pam x

Karen
12-12-06, 15:15
Thank you Piglet, Elaine, Lisa and Pam. My foot is not too bad. It is sore but will be fine in time.

Pam - Nice to see you back. How are you?

We had ward round this morning, a day early, and it is good news. My psychiatrist is pleased with me and things are on course for my discharge in January as planned.

I got the home leave I wanted for this weekend - I am leaving here on Thursday morning and returning on Monday night.

We also discussed Christmas. I'm going on leave from Friday 22nd until Wednesday 27th. She said I will be back here for a couple of days and then on leave again for New Year. Hopefully I am not going to be here much between now and discharge. Next week is probably going to be the longest - from Monday night until Friday morning. It will be a long week.

Hope you are all ok today.

Karen xx

brenda
12-12-06, 15:33
Hi Karen
I'm good thanks. My anxiety levels have gone down a lot.
Been really busy and am just having carpets laid.
Not a good idea just before christmas.
just waiting for them to finish then full steam ahead and put up the christmas decorations.
The rest of the house is a tip but the hall, stairs and landing look lovely

So glad that you are doing ok and getting some time back home

Hugs
Pam

chillx
12-12-06, 16:26
Hi Karen

I haven't posted on your thread for a while but have been keeping up to date.

Your news is great, well done for persevering with the regime!!

It has been a long haul but it sounds as if you are nearing the end and I am so proud of you.

Take care and hope the ankle is better for your next trip home.

chillx

Piglet
12-12-06, 17:41
I'm so pleased that they're pleased [:I] if you get my drift. :D:D

Big hugs hun :)

Piglet xx

Quirky
12-12-06, 18:30
Hi Karen,

Glad the ankle is not too bad today sis.

Great news about the January discharge date and the home leave :D.

Love Lisa x

jo61
12-12-06, 18:50
Hi Karen, I've only caught up with your thread today and can only imagine what a nighmare this has all been for you. You seem to be making great progress and I'm sure you'll come out of this a stronger person. Last thing you needed was a gammy ankle - isn't it always the way!

Take care and enjoy your various trips home.

Love Jo xx

kazzie
12-12-06, 22:16
Hi Karen

Great news all round eh??:D:D:D

Thinking of You

Luv Kaz x x x

hopeful
13-12-06, 08:35
Hi Karen,
You sound a lot happier despite the sprained ankle. Glad youre getting more time away from there, at least youre getting more control back instead of feeling like a prisoner. Im really pleased for you.
Take care
julie x

Lizzie1975
13-12-06, 12:48
It's all sounding good there at the mo Karen, lovely to read. Are you looking forward to Christmas?

Lizzie XXXX

Piglet
13-12-06, 12:50
What you up to today mate? :)

Piglet xx

Karen
13-12-06, 15:59
Hi All

Thanks for all the replies. I am very moved.

Yes, it is good news about the home leave. I have more control and choice when I am at home.

I did something unprecedented yesterday. Since last week I have been on a free diet and have dropped the main pudding from my diet plan in order to maintain within my weight band. However, yesterday there was cheesecake on the menu, which I love. So I swapped the puddings and had cheesecake (main pudding) instead of the light pudding. I would never have done that a while ago. I wouldn't even eaten cheesecake in the first place.

Not much is happening here today. I have a migraine so I'm having a quiet day.

Karen xx

Quirky
13-12-06, 16:45
Wow well done sis :D.

I hope your migraine is soon gone.

Thinking of you.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

carlin
13-12-06, 17:41
Love to you Karen, xxxxxxxJean

Lizzie1975
13-12-06, 18:02
Karen, i'm more impressed than words can say! You chose to have a pudding!!!! That's real progress and i'm so very proud of you. We're all allowed treats with food but for you to actively allow yourself to do so is such a massive step....don't know what to say!!!

Keep it up, i'm so proud of you,

Lizzie XXX

Piglet
13-12-06, 18:47
Karen you can have a big golden *

Soooooo proud of you!! :D:D:D

Love Piglet xxx

Karen
13-12-06, 19:38
Thank you Lisa, Piglet and Lizzie. I got some strange looks from other patients because I chose to eat more.

I know I still have a long way to go but all I can do is take it one day at a time.

Karen xx

Lizzie1975
13-12-06, 19:57
Just be proud or yourself, the looks are probably because they can't comprehend how you can rationalise your choice of food - envy! You've been on this journey long enough now to be at this stage, you deserve to be proud - i hope you can feel it :D

kazzie
13-12-06, 22:19
Hi There Karen

Great news about the pud:D:D:D

Safe trip home tommorrow

Let us know you are home safe

Thinking of you

Luv kaz x x x

Karen
13-12-06, 22:42
Thank you Lizzie and Kaz.

Jean - Thanks for your message too. I didn't mean to miss you out of my reply earlier.

I'll post when I get home. I might do some Christmas shopping before heading home though so it might not be until later in the day.

Night all.

Karen xx

Quirky
13-12-06, 23:00
Hi Karen,

Have a safe journey home tomorrow :D.

Night night,

Hugs,

Lisa x

Piglet
14-12-06, 09:59
Ditto!

Catch you later :D

Piglet xx

brenda
14-12-06, 10:56
Hi Karen
I think you have reached an important stage in your getting well.

To actually choose to put your self in a situation and change your menu that previously would have caused you enourmous problems is really good.

Its like me with my agoraphobia choosing to go on a long train journey where previously I wouldnt have contemplated it.
I hope you enjoy your time at home. Don't spend too much on shopping :-)

I would treat yourself to something nice. I reward myself sometimes when I achieve things

Hugs
Pam x

feege
14-12-06, 11:01
Karen! Wow! What an amazing step forward... how wonderful [8D]

Over the last year it would have been inconceivable that you were so positive!

I hope you enjoy the weekend - loads of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Quirky
14-12-06, 12:13
Hi Karen,

I hope you have had a safe journey home and managed to do your Christmas shopping.

Take care,

Lisa x

Karen
14-12-06, 16:37
Thank you all. I managed to get some of my Christmas shopping but then it got too busy and I'd had enough.

I came home to a message from K reminding me of her ultimatum :(. Not a good start.

Karen xx

Quirky
14-12-06, 17:44
Hi Karen,

Glad you're home and managed some shopping, well done.

Sorry the issue with K is still not resolved. I can't comment further as don't know what it is but I just can't imagine her abandoning you.

Take care,

Lots of love,

Lisa x

Karen
14-12-06, 17:54
I can't cope with the K situation.

Kathyn
14-12-06, 18:31
Hi Karen

Sorry not posted for a while - I can't believe how your trust has been breached - it's dreadful - I hope that you have managed in some small way to put this behind you.

Just wanted to say how well you are doing have been so pleased to hear of your progress and the fact that you are getting home now and have a date when you can leave the clinic.

I don't know what to say about K - is there anything any of us can do to help - know that this situation has not been helped by the fact that you feel you can't tell us what is going on because of the breach of trust.

Please stay strong - you have come so far in the past few weeks - you we all are if you need us.

Take care.

Kathy (was Kath!)

Quirky
14-12-06, 19:06
(((((Karen)))))

If I can help in any way or if you want to discuss it then drop me an email or pm ok.

Thinking of you.

Lisa x

Karen
14-12-06, 19:11
Thank you Kathy and Lisa.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I don't know what to say about K - is there anything any of us can do to help - know that this situation has not been helped by the fact that you feel you can't tell us what is going on because of the breach of trust.
<div align="right">Originally posted by Kathyn - 14 December 2006 : 18:31:43</div id="right">
It is horrible not being able to post openly anymore but I still don't know who it was who thought they were 'helping' by sending my posts to my psychiatrist.

Lets just say I am in an impossible situation where K is concerned.

Karen xx

Lizzie1975
14-12-06, 19:45
Can you look at things in the bigger picture, like more long term? Just wondering what you see for your future and what your own plans are for your recovery once you're home. Re situation with K, whatever it is, i'm sure it's out of genuine concern and care for you.

Btw, exactly the same with my latest expedition to tackle more shopping, after a while, just can't cope with the amount of people and queues (que's?) and have to head for home [Sigh...]. Just bits at a time i guess.

Much love

Lizzie XX

Quirky
14-12-06, 20:13
Hi Karen,

It must be so hard for you not being able to be open here, it's hard for us too as we don't know how to help.

Maybe have a good think and see if there is maybe a way you can resolve the K situation. I don't know what she is asking of you but I can only imagine it's something for your own good and maybe she is saying this to help you long term (even if it doesn't feel that way). I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Love Lisa x

chillx
14-12-06, 21:22
Hi Karen

Glad you are home safely. About the 'K ultimatum' have you someone you can confide in? What about stargazer or Nigel? I do hope you have someone you can discuss the situation with as this may help you come to a decision.

Have a great weekend.

chillx

Piglet
14-12-06, 22:25
<center>((((Karen))))</center>

Night night hun :)

Piglet xx

Quirky
14-12-06, 23:11
Hope you're doing ok Karen. Any plans for your time at home? I guess now you're at home over Xmas you could put yout tree up maybe?

Night night,

Lisa x

Paddington
14-12-06, 23:23
Glad you getting home again.MMMM CHEESECAKE!Lovely!Ever so proud of you hun bun,big squeezes to you.love mary rose.xxxxxxxx

Quirky
15-12-06, 17:25
Just saying hi Karen. Hope you're ok today.

Hugs,

Lisa x

Lizzie1975
15-12-06, 19:58
Hey Karen, just checkin in hoping you're ok XXXX

Karen
15-12-06, 20:10
Hi All

I'm ok thanks. I've had a busy day - finishing (almost) my Christmas shopping among other things.

I am sad because one of my fellow patients is having a really hard time at present. She left me a message in distress today so I phoned her at the hospital and spoke to her for quite a while. She was calmer by the end of the call. I hope I was able to help even a little bit.

K is carrying out her ultimatum I think. I don't know what to do next. I don't think there is anything I can do.

Karen xx

kazzie
15-12-06, 20:30
Hi Karen

I dont even know who k is but just wanted to say hi!!!

Try and make the xmas quiz tomm night!!!

Luv Kaz x xx

Lizzie1975
15-12-06, 21:13
Hi Karen,

I bet your patient friend is bloomin glad to have you to confide in! Bet you helped them a whole lot.

OOo am jealous, didn't manage anymore shopping today [8)] but still got a week left.

If there's nothing you feel you can do about the ultimatum and believe what you're doing is for your best interests then stand strong and prove to her that you can do this anyway!

Love

Lizzie XX

Quirky
15-12-06, 23:06
Hi Karen,

Well done for getting the shopping done.

Sorry to hear your fellow patient was struggling but how lucky was she to have you to talk too, You have a wonderful way of helping others and I'm sure you helped her alot.

Is there really no way things can be sorted with K? Is there no way you can agree to what she's asking or find a compromise at all? Just suggesting as obviously I have no idea what it is.

Night night, sleep well,

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Piglet
16-12-06, 00:02
I'm sure being able to talk to you has really helped your friend - I know I would find the calm way you have of helping other people with their issues very soothing!!

I'm sure K is only thinking of your best interests hun and the long term picture, so I hope you can resolve things :)

Night night petal.

Piglet xx

Quirky
16-12-06, 15:59
Just saying hi sis. I hope you're ok today.

What are you up to?

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

jo61
16-12-06, 16:23
well done Karen for finishing the christmas shopping. I'm sure your time is precious when you're out of hospital. How long are you home for?

As another poster said, don't know who K is but sounds like someone you've had some conflict with. Hope you resolve it.

Love and kisses,

Jo xxx

Piglet
16-12-06, 16:43
Hope you've had a good day and maybe catch you later :D

Piglet xx

Lizzie1975
16-12-06, 17:31
Hope you're enjoying your weekend, X factor final tonight!! im going out booo hooo, and i'll miss the quiz tonight, hopefully you can enjoy it all for me

Lizzie XXXXX

Karen
16-12-06, 19:12
Thank you all. I am fine today thank.

Lizzie: I hope you have a good evening whatever you are doing. I am watching the X Factor final.

Jo: Welcome. I am home until Monday. I have to be back by Monday night.

K is a friend and I wouldn't call what is happening a conflict. It is just that she wants something different for me than I want and we cannot agree on the way forward.

Piglet: Hope to see you at the quiz later.

Lisa: Thank you sis. I too hope K and I can sort things out.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I called in to the clinic I used to attend before my admission to hospital. I went to see a friend that I made while I was there and to take her a Christmas present and card. It was really weird going back there and I was quite nervous.

It was lovely to see my friend though and she said my visit had made her day. I felt chuffed :)

Karen xx

kazzie
16-12-06, 20:41
Hi Karen

Glad you are enjoying being at home:D

Hope to see you in chat later

luv kaz x x x

Quirky
16-12-06, 23:27
Hi Karen,

Glad you're ok today.

I bet it was weird going back to the clinic yesterday, how lovely of you to go and see your friend and take a present. Of course it made her day as you are a lovely thoughtful person :).

I hope you've had a good evening.

Night night,

Lisa x