PDA

View Full Version : Really ill been sick over 20 times

Bexx1
24-03-14, 06:07
So looks like i found out it was a bug! Im aactyually quite proud of myself from the girl who wasv terrified of being sick to the girl whose been sick about 21times! I disnt have a great nights sleep and was just sick when i got up just now. i am teally thirsty but mum says not to drink cause i will just bring it back up again. any advicre?x

MyNameIsTerry
24-03-14, 06:17
Yeah, it's definately one you can't practice avoidance with! Sometimes though it can be useful because it reminds you that the nausea you get with anxiety isn't like being made to be sick due to a bug. I found that helped me slightly when I had a bug last year.

Just sip some water. At least it will take away a bit of the soreness.

It's good that you feel that way because I would imagine you found it quite distressing at first. It's a kind of Exposure Therapy of its own really!

Stay proud of yourself and remember it next time you feel anxiety arrising about those situations.

Just take it easy for a couple of days and stick to simple meals at first. Keep hydrated.

If it keeps on though, and your mum would be the best person to help you keep an eye on it if you need that, you may need to get some medication for the bug. Hopefully though it will be gone soon and at the least it should start getting better.

Bexx1
24-03-14, 06:21
Yes thank you it was quite distressing at first but now rather than fearing it im just like go away! Wish it would go away though! feel sligjtly better tham last night which was throw up throw up throw up etc!

MyNameIsTerry
24-03-14, 06:33
It's never pleasant for anyone but it's helped you see it for what it is and in some ways thats perhaps a good thing to happen, if a bit messy!!!

It's a but like losing control, but really your body knows what it's doing at a subconscious level so go with it and trust yourself as you are doing. Well done!

On the plus side...you might get everyone looking after you for a day which can't be bad!!!

mummyanxious
24-03-14, 06:52
Don't go guzzling water but you really do need to sip some liquid to replace what you've lost. Hope you're feeling better soon x

Bexx1
24-03-14, 11:41
I ha e been taking sips but im worried about dehydration because my mouth is so dry and all the vomiting and diarhea last night is probably not helping! x

Lisa.w1979
24-03-14, 12:11
Well done for not freaking out!!

Yes, drinks fluids, but not dairy as they can aggravate things like bugs. and maybe try some dry bread, or biscuits such as digestives, or a cracker. I hate stomach bugs. Having 3 kids, i pick up all kinds of bugs. But S&D have to be about the worse. I really feel for you. Get some rest and use it as an excuse to watch kids tv. I watch iCarly, at the age of 34 lol, but don't tell anyone. xx

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

I'd like to add...i watch iCarly when im poorly, not all the time!!

Bexx1
24-03-14, 12:12
Thanks hehe yeah i am hungry but dont know ifwhen to try eating last vomited this morning

Lisa.w1979
24-03-14, 12:16
If you stick to small amounts at least if you do throw it up again, its only a little bit. Its up to you though if you feel you want to try. You might want to wait a little while. The most important thing is fluids though. Hope you feel better soon. x

SarahH
24-03-14, 12:19
I had this last week!!!! Horrible bug.

Try and get some Dioralyte. Its a sachet tat you put in water and puts back all the salts and minerals you lose through dehydration.

I was washed out foe 2 days after bet am fine now.

Sarah

Bexx1
24-03-14, 12:25
Thabk you guys x