PDA

View Full Version : Hello All.

JoeNoir
24-03-14, 11:50
Hello.
I am so glad I found this site. I’ve been in a dark place for so long. Have been off with work related stress since late January. Now the stress has lead to depression. Been on 20mg of Citalopram for just over three weeks. I never knew that the side effects would be so tough to endure. They are getting better, but the mornings are hell, I struggle to face the day with a constant knot of anxiety in my stomach. Also under pressure to get back to work before I lose my job altogether. Sorry for off loading . I have been touched and helped by finding this site.

Jacsta
24-03-14, 11:55
Welcome to nmp

Firstly, I don't think your work can sack you for being ill! Have a discussion with your doctor and your employer, be honest and set a realistic target date in which you hope to return.

Unfortunately with meds side effects come before the therapeutic effects, but hopefully soon you will start to feel the benefit. I find when I'm struggling in a morning to shower and get dressed...It gets me out of bed at least and sometimes leads to me being productive around the house.

Good luck in your journey to recovery, there is certainly a lot of people who understand and can support on here.

Jac

Lisa.w1979
24-03-14, 11:56
hey joe, what d'ya know (sorry, couldnt resist)

first of all :welcome: to nmp. This site is awesome, i cannot stress that enough!! there are so many people with great advice and support. Also literature that helps, cbt info and even games to take your mind off things. You're definitely in the right place. Always here if you want to chat.

Lisa. xx

JoeNoir
24-03-14, 12:04
Thanks for the replies and the support. I am so glad to have found this site.