PDA

View Full Version : Update from Hostpital appointment

Susie333
24-03-14, 14:01
My daughter had her appointment this morning and she is having the mole removed on Friday. She was told it looked like early stages of Melanoma. She was very upset and so am I (although I am trying not to show this in front of her). She has to wait 3 weeks for this results!! Is this normal? I am so worried and goodness knows how I will cope over this time :weep:
I was trying to convince myself that it would be fine and they wouldn't need to remove it so I'm devastated with this outcome.

realworrier
24-03-14, 14:08
at least they got it early, which is always a good sign. sending big hugs and prayer your way

Fishmanpa
24-03-14, 14:19
Ok... I've been here and it wasn't as good as you're hearing with your daughter.

First... take a breath. She's going to be fine. An early stage melanoma is most often "cured" with surgical removal which they're doing.

They will make sure the margins are all clear. They have to do a biopsy to confirm so it's not definite yet. "If" it's confirmed, they'll do further testing to be sure it's all good. From what you're saying, "if" it is confirmed, it's most likely stage 1 (early stage) which has a near 100% cure and survival rate.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers :)

RoseEve
24-03-14, 14:22
Praying for you and your daughter. It's very good that they caught it early.

Annie0904
24-03-14, 14:24
As a Mother myself I know how hard it is to see your children have to cope with things like this :( Early stages though sounds like it has been caught in time and I hope this is the case. Sending you hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lisa.w1979
24-03-14, 17:32
You're in my thoughts and prayers. xx

Humly
24-03-14, 19:00
I feel for you. Just remember that whatever it is, they are going to remove it on Friday. It might turn out to be nothing but they are taking it away to be sure. No point in telling you not to worry coz you will anyway but sending my best wishes x

Jonesle
24-03-14, 21:51
Sorry didn't see this post... I can only reiterate what others have said - early stages of melanoma has a very high cure rate (I know - I've done all the googling) so it's good she caught it in time. Worrying will only make matters worse so please try not to.Sending love and hugs xxx

Masqued
25-03-14, 07:13
I had a friend who was told by a Derm that a spot on her foot was most likely cancerous. Red/raised had all the signs etc. After an agonising wait it was benign.

Its not cancer until its confirmed as cancer.

Frankie123
25-03-14, 13:19
I have two friends both of whom were diagnosed with malignant melanoma. Both went to their GP at first signs and both were diagnosed in early stage. Am happy to tell you that both are alive and well after a number of years and both continue to be clear of cancer. This is a very curable disease if dealt with early. So if it does turn out to be cncer I feel sure that your daughter will be fine as it has been found in its early stage.

bingjam
25-03-14, 14:09
Its such good news that its the early stages as they are almost always sorted when they remove it... im not saying its good news cause its clearly not what you wanted the results to be.

Good luck to your daughter

Susie333
25-03-14, 20:54
Thank you all so much for your kind words and support. I am trying to stay positive and not google (very difficult as I always want to look for reassurance.....but googling gives the opposite!!). My tummy churns as soon as I wake up in the morning and this is constantly on my mind, it makes all the other things I worry about seem so unimportant. xx

Lin71
26-03-14, 20:23
Susie, I am really sorry to hear this but as the others have said its just a good job she was sensible and went to get it checked, the only way they will know for sure is to remove it and test it, so it's all positive steps towards knowing exactly what, if anything, you are dealing with.

I really hope I didn't give you false hope in my post on your previous thread, that's the problem with 'reassurance' I guess, we all want to reassure because most of us know the anxiety that a fellow sufferer is feeling and we want to help in some way. But everyone's body is different.

I hope you and your daughter are coping OK and that you don't have to wait three weeks for the results, that does seem a long time.

Lin x

Susie333
26-03-14, 20:31
Thank you so much Lin, you are a kind and reassuring person. I really appreciate people taking the trouble to read and respond to my posts, it helps so much xx