PDA

View Full Version : eyes wide shut!

luc
24-03-14, 17:09
Hi,

I am now in my eleventh year of severe health anxiety. Does anyone have any strange or funny avoidance or 'coping' strategies ? For example, I have just finished hanging my washing out with my eyes closed - never know what you might find ha! It takes a little longer but it's worth it ....isn't it ?.

cpe1978
24-03-14, 17:11
Must make your neighbours smile too so a win win :)

Lisa.w1979
24-03-14, 17:14
I used to clean the fishtank....with no fish in it. It was just an empty one we had but id scrub the sides, wash the stones and arrange the rocks and decorations inside. Next day i'd empty it out ready for next time. I don't do it anymore though.

luc
24-03-14, 17:20
I read that Lisa and think "that sounds strange" and then I read my post ha !! I do not know if my neighbours see me as my eyes are shut he he.

Lisa.w1979
24-03-14, 17:26
lol, i thought it strange to clean it, but hey, we all have our ways. I love drawing and painting so i was thinking of dedicating a wall in my bedroom and get some small pots of paint and have a little session when i get bad, but this is just an idea at the moment. I also get a piece of paper and doodle on it. I tend to write the word 'hello' over and over though so if anyone finds it, i do look a little mental lol.

luc
24-03-14, 18:02
dressing with eyes shut, bathing with eyes shut, drip drying, stripping and making beds with eyes shut blah blah. .. good eh? What a bloody waste of valuable time !!

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

Ooh I have just thought of a funny one (not at the time though), asking the doctor to turn his monitor around !

Lisa.w1979
24-03-14, 18:12
You like to a lot with your eyes shut :)

luc
24-03-14, 18:39
Well what pray if I found something, wouldn't the world fall down around me? :wacko::wacko: