PDA

View Full Version : To help me reduced my anxiety

unsure_about_this
24-03-14, 19:25
So I was unaware until today my Dad did his 2nd bowel screening, how he did this in secret and how my mum kept quiet. I supposed it is right to stop me worrying about health is good.

My parents must have remember what I been through the last 24 months worrying about my health 24/7.

His test result came back clear.

Frankie123
24-03-14, 22:18
Hi Phil, I suppose I do the opposite. I don't always tell my children how I feel or what tests I am having. I guess I think they think I am mad but if I don't have the tests I worry myself into a state. So far this month have had blood tests, transvaginal scan, abdominal scan, Echocardiogram and colonoscopy, all to reassure me that all is well. Fortunately I have a very sympathetic GP.

Tanner40
24-03-14, 22:20
I'm really glad to hear that your Dad's test results came back clear, Phil. That's great news and certainly one less thing for you to worry about.

unsure_about_this
24-03-14, 22:51
He did his first in 2012. so was one of the reasons this time no information sheets was left out for me to read (so I don't go into the cycle again) I have warned my mum she may/could be due to do a screening should the test age in England be reduced to what it is at the moment.

Many thanks for your replies.