PDA

View Full Version : How tobknow isf severley dehydrated?

Bexx1
24-03-14, 20:41
I have had stomach flu since last night and was sick a lot last night. havent been since early today. I have gone to toilet three of four timesv and each time have weed fine although each time is followed by a little diaoreah.I have a dry mouth though i have managex to drink 2 glasses of water through sipping today. i feel a bit weak and my body aches. My How would i know if i was severley dehyrdrated as opposed to just dehydrated. My mouth is not as dry ans it was earlier and i do feel better. thanks x

Lucym681
24-03-14, 20:59
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dehydration/pages/introduction.aspx I don't know if you will be able to see this link, but it's the nhs symptoms of dehydration, which advises when to see GP. I'm sure you will be ok, just keep drinking, and have ice lollies! They fix everything <3

mummyanxious
24-03-14, 21:01
The runs looses a lot if water. You need to get some of those diarolyte (sp) to replace the lost minerals if you can.
This post had made me just go get a drink!
Hope you're on the mend x

Lisa.w1979
24-03-14, 21:03
well first of all, what colour is your wee? if its really dark amber coloured, you could be dehydrated.

Bexx1
24-03-14, 21:10
Its hard to say because i get runs at same timw i pee so cant really tell the colour

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

My symptoms at mo are
- dry mouth
- weakness/tiredness not so much when lying down though i didnt sleep well last night
- can feel my heartbeat through my body
- diziness when i stand up

Phuzella
24-03-14, 21:21
Normal after effects of a stomach bug, just keep your fluids up and you'll be fine