PDA

View Full Version : so worried that I have jaw or facial tumour.

cattia
24-03-14, 21:54
I was looking at some pictures of myself taken last week. It's very obvious that one sode of my face around my lower jaw is quite swollen. I didn't notice it much until I saw it in the picture as it doesn't hurt but now I look at it I can see it clearly and in photographs it is very pronounced. I am absolutely terrified that I have a tumour and if I do it must be large enough to be very obvious. it could also be sowllon lymph nodes in my neck and jaw which is another possibility. I know I'll have to wait weeks for a Dr appointment and I'm beside myself.

sahara
24-03-14, 22:46
Could it not be an odd angle? Does it feel swollen to touch?

cattia
25-03-14, 06:43
It definitely isn't the angle, I've taken about twenty photos of my face and it's the same in each one. I do have an impacted wisdom tooth on that side and I also have tmj but neither are acting up at the moment. There is no pain and it doesn't feel swollen to the touch but it's clear to see. I'm terrified it's my lymph nodes up and that I have lymphoma. I've been doing ok with my HA for a while now but this has sent me into a freak out.

---------- Post added at 06:43 ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 ----------

Also I did have a fall and hurt my face, neck jaw on that side two weeks ago but the bruising and pain have been gone a week so why would it still be swollen from that?

Phuzella
25-03-14, 06:49
Sounds like there are a few possible explanations for it. Go and have a word with the doctor:)

Humly
25-03-14, 08:52
Can you try and get an early appointment with the doctor? Or is there some kind of walk in centre where you live. I had an accident 2 and a half weeks ago and the same thing - the bruising and pain have been gone a week but there is still some swelling. Apparently that can happen. Go and see your doc to put your mind at rest.