PDA

View Full Version : Hello all...

wozza500
28-07-04, 00:46
Hello to you all, my name is Warren and I think I suffer from GAD. I found this website just generally searching for information that would reasure me that I am not going mad or suffering from a serious illness. For about that last 12 months I have been suffering from a variety of physical symptoms, tired all the time, aches and pains in joints, permanent stiff neck, permanent whistling in the ears (worse when tired), fuzzy head, pins and needles, the list goes on. I have always had a "focus" on my health and anxiety runs in the family. This, along with a years worth of pestering various doctors and a couple of general bloodtests have left me (and them I think), about 90% sure I am suffering from anxiety with the associated physical symptoms. But obviously it's that 10% of doubt that focusses my mind, as I'm sure is the same with those of you out there who suffer the same. I do seem to have got myself to a point where after 12 months though, I'm not sure whether I am worrying about the physical symptoms I have got or, the physical symptoms are a product of worrying....if you know what I mean? A bit of a chicken/egg situation. I don't think I suffer panic attacks ( I may have had one once), and any fear I have is in the back of my mind rather than all consuming. Does anyone else out there suffer from relatively mild "worry" but get all these physical symptoms? I should maybe mention that a possible trigger for this all starting was when I had a very serious road accident some years back, during my recovery I was constantly analysing my body, and I was diagnosed with PTSD. It seems to have been a bit up and down since then really. Sorry to go on a bit, but any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

malc38
28-07-04, 09:04
Hi there Warren,
Welcome to the site, you will find loads of really helpful information on here and all the people are really friendly. We are all suffering or have suffered so we are here to help each other the best we can.:D

hope to speak to you soon

malc

Meg
28-07-04, 14:32
Hi Warren,

Welcome to the site . I hope you've had a good hunt round and found some usual stuff like the list of common symptoms

Often when people are recovering from panic they go through what you describe as well as those who build up to where you are now and thankfully do not progress to panic.

PTSD is often a leader to GAD once flashbacks have dissipated.

What do you do to help yourself control your symptoms ?

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

nomorepanic
28-07-04, 15:22
Hi Warren

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear that you are a fellow sufferer but you will get loads of help on here and we all have varying degrees of panic, anxiety, phobias, OCD etc.

I have suffered for 11 years but not had a panic attack as such for many months (don't think I have had one this year anyway). I suffer more with anxiety and that has very similar symptoms - mine were mainly dizziness and feeling unreal.

I hope you will spend some time looking around and post some more.

We have a separate topic of PTSD so you may like to post on their too.

Nicola