PDA

View Full Version : Is this a heart flutter?

anxious_thoughts
25-03-14, 00:17
Hello everyone, recently I've started to develop some sort of heart anxiety :( I have always had a feeling that my heart rate is a bit fast for the last 3-4 years but when u go to the doctors for check ups they don't seem to worry about it.

Anyways, every once and a while...sometimes maybe 2-3 times a day I get this weird flutter sensation in my chest or just the end of where my neck stops. Sometimes it also feels like I have to burp. It feels like a twitching sensation in my esophagus and when it happens it makes me kind of jump and catch my breathe due to the weird feeling. It's painless but something that tends to happen more when I'm excited or under stress. I'm just very worried it is heart related as I do get on and off chest pains but they usually come with burps. I also constantly can feel my heart beat and when I laying down with my bf I always notice how much faster mine is compared to his :(

I'm almost 21 and I noticed the fluttering back when I was about 10 years old although they wouldn't happen as often. Also, a couple years ago I went on vacation to an all inclusive and I didn't feel any flutters for the entire week. I was at such ease. I can't tell if it's stress related or heart related. Anyone else experience anything like this?

RoseEve
25-03-14, 00:27
I don't know for sure but I have what you are describing. It's a heart palpitation. Stress will do it, everyone has this. Some people like myself feel it in their throat.

anxious_thoughts
25-03-14, 00:32
Yeah! That's where I feel it too. But could it be a palp? Like when the sensation happens and I feel my heart rate it doesn't go up or act weird

RoseEve
25-03-14, 00:55
Yes I get this often. No worries :)

anxious_thoughts
25-03-14, 02:49
I hope it's what you have, cause it's such a scary feeling!

RoseEve
25-03-14, 09:42
I know it is but it's nothing :)

klg1975
25-03-14, 09:59
The best way I find to stop it is by coughing. It feels like it gets trapped in your throat. It happens to me a fair bit, particularly after too much chocolate, if im tired or hungover lol.

anxious_thoughts
25-03-14, 23:24
That's actually so weird cause coughing does stop it, would it just be from gas then?

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

It doesn't ACTUALLY stop it, because it literally stops in 1 second when it happens. Although sometimes I feel a weird sensation in my chest by my throat almost...and coughing stops it, and makes me burp