PDA

View Full Version : Does lexapro make anxiety worse at first?

mase641
25-03-14, 01:33
Hi my doctor started me on 10mg of lexapro. The first day I felt my normals levels of anxiety with my heart beating, muscle tension and but I got really bad nausea which I assume was from the lexapro.

Second day bad nausea and I was sweating a lot but anxiety wise I felt none. Today my anxiety was pretty bad I had it pretty much all day until 7pm. I convinced myself my magnesium supplement was causing it then I threw it. When I threw it out I thought I'd get magnesium deficiency and my minds been all over the place.

I wasn't sweating at all today though and my "normal" (non med) symtoms like a clenching heart and muscle tightness.

Is it normal for anxiety to worsen the first couple days? Should I call my doctor and ask to lower my dose?

Travis
25-03-14, 04:23
It gives me the sweats,it can cause you to feel like you're speeding at first & it made me grind my teeth.The speeding feeling can make you feel anxious but this was mainly when I first started taking it.

swgrl09
26-03-14, 13:35
It should pass within a couple weeks. I think the early on side effects of this drug don't last as long as some of the other meds, but everybody is different.

I noticed I sweat a little more than usual the entire 1.5 years I was on the med. I mean it wasn't like buckets and enough to interfere with my life, but just noticeable to me.