PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone am new to NMP

Travis
25-03-14, 04:05
Hi everyone my first post I am 50 years of age & live in the North West of England. I have suffered with severe depression & Anxiety for the last 15 years at least but it feels like I've struggled all of my life.
I do believe that I have symptoms of OCD & Bipolar as I can go from a feeling of excitement to severe lows.
I currently take medication daily which consists of Escitalopram & clonazepam in the morning & Amitriptyline at night I have been on the latter for over ten years for depression & sleep. I have had a lot of therapy, CBT & psychotherapy also one to one counselling & brief time in psychiatric hospital.
I decided to join this forum/site as I am struggling at the moment I can't sleep my diet is bad & I feel really anxious.
It's not all doom & gloom I love music,movies,football, art & books
I hope I can get some benefit from joining this site & look forward to meeting fellow members & hopefully contributing to the forums. :-)

Phuzella
25-03-14, 05:57
Hi Travis:). I think the first step is sort your diet out. Food and mood go together I think:)
I agree with all the things you like apart from football lol

Lisa.w1979
25-03-14, 10:57
Hey Travis. Welcome to NMP. I can't begin to tell how how great this forum is. There are people from all walks, of all ages so you'll easily find someone who knows how you feel.

blue moon
25-03-14, 11:00
:welcome: Travis hope you enjoy the site:D

Petra x:)

JoeNoir
25-03-14, 11:21
:welcome: good to hear from you Travis, hope this site brings you help and comfort.

Tanner40
25-03-14, 11:22
Welcome to NMP, Travis. You're going to find many people here who understand what you're going through. Keep posting and find people whose advice resonates for you. Things can and will get better with some hard work and effort. Good luck on your journey.

Travis
26-03-14, 20:03
Hi Everyone
Thanks for the lovely welcome messages
I was really nervous about joining the site but you've made me feel so much better about it
Best Wishes
Travis x :-)

almamatters
26-03-14, 20:05
Hi Travis :welcome: to the forum.

ninnie
26-03-14, 20:11
Hi travis.
at least you are positive about some of the things you enjoy.
Sorry about the lack of punctuation btw.
im lazy cos im using a tablet.........
I am having a bit of a blip and just want to snuggle up at home.
dont feel like being sociable :lac:
work is ok cos its pretty relaxed and stress free:yesyes:
any way, hope things start to improve soon for you.
xxx