PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Excitement vs Anxiety

CrazyC
25-03-14, 13:12
Hello - I really need some help and support.

I have booked a 4 night Holiday and go on Monday! :yesyes:

However I am a long term GAD Sufferer and although Excitement is trying to come threw its mixed with Anixety - My Thought Process:

Yes Holiday! Break from Reality - Chance to Make Memories - Oh My Head Hurts - What Happens if I get Ill and spend the whole time in bed - Will be so nice being away from everything - First ever Holiday with my Partner of 3 years - It will be rubbish I will ruin it or not enjoy it - Going to be so much FUN!!

You see... My brain is struggling with it. I found out a family member I saw last week had a stinking Cold and today I woke up feeling unwell, bad head and sore throat so now that is a worry! I get so worked up.

I would love to Just enjoy it but my anxiety is a huge big weight crushing me at the moment :huh: Why can we not just enjoy things. :scared15:

I know I have come a long way I never used to even leave my house a few years ago but days like today and events like this I feel as bad as the day before I had any help I forget all coping strategies.

xrachykinsx
25-03-14, 18:26
I can relate to this very much. I've only been a GAD sufferer since last October. It started off as anxiety about going to sleep but once my sleep was sorted, the anxiety and low feeling remained in the day. I'm 9 weeks into medication and after a dose increase, I'm just starting to feel better. I still have my moments, but in the weeks leading up to now, I have been the same as you. So many things to be excited about and look forward to..and I have moments where I think ''ahh can't wait for this'' but then instantly after I get a feeling of 'but what if I don't feel very good or happy when it happens' and then it crushes me... It's something you have to push through I think, otherwise you'd allow it to determine everything you do. Me pushing through everything has helped reduce the anxiety I think. I'm going out tomorrow night for the first time in 7months and I'm actually looking forward to it...:) xx

SarahH
25-03-14, 18:31
I can't believe I am suggesting this but you could see your doctor and ask for a few Valium for the holiday just in case.......I do:D

Sarah

PamG
25-03-14, 20:31
I know exactly how you feel!! I have had GAD since I took unwell in May last year. I have never really enjoyed flying or holidays, but I have been on quite a few planes and holidays over the years. I didn't leave the country last year and only in the past few months have even discussed the matter of flying this year. I have twin 5 year old girls and would love to take them on a plan and let them experience it. It has only been since we booked up that my whole GAD seems to have increased. I am meant to be going away in three weeks, but right now can't think of anything worse. I am only meant to be going from Glasgow to London, so it is a trivial flight, but it is meant to be more about the experience for my girls rather than the flight itself. I am in two minds what to do. My head tells me to cancel, but my heart tells me to go for it, it will all be fine. All I can suggest for you is what I am trying to do and fight fight fight. It is very tiring, but I am sure it will be worth it. Xx