PDA

View Full Version : Hello

CraigE
29-11-06, 19:38
Hello, im Craig, I'm currently unemployed, Ive been suffering from depression & anxiety for a few years, but this year Ive started having panic attacks, also I can't leave my house without having a drink first.

I'd just wish I can be able to go out and feel alright so I'll be able to get a job & stuff. anyway just thought Id say hello.

Craig

nicjay
29-11-06, 19:44
Hi Craig

Welcome to the forum you will find alot of help from the forum and support from the people on it.

Take Care
Nic
xxx

honeybee3939
29-11-06, 19:54
Hi Craig

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

ceecee
29-11-06, 20:08
hi craig
welcome to the forum!!!!
take care
rach x

LickeyEndBlues
29-11-06, 23:44
Hi Craig,
Welcome to NMP. This is a good place and you wil find help, advice and support in here.

You don't need me to say this but booze will not help in the long run.

Take care, you are not alone in here

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

mooks
30-11-06, 00:03
hi craig
welcome youll find lots of support here...as said and may of us knoe booze is depression & anxietys worsed enemy
xx

keepemlaughing
30-11-06, 03:36
hi craig,
yes, i agree alcohol and depression do not mix. i used to feel exactly the same way. i had to have a beer on the way home from taking my kids to school, and even before hand if i could sneak around them. i thought it made me feel better, but in actuality it never did and one was only the start of a whole days worth of drinking. It magnified my depression so much and all the post drinking anxiety and guilt served to give me another reason to drink...
My point is Craig, you know what I am saying.

Stay here buddy, good folks, good advise, good wisdom.

Sheryl

You don't have to be a cow to know what milk is.

manmoor
30-11-06, 09:12
Hi Craig,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

trac67
02-12-06, 11:23
Hi Craig,

welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

sandie
02-12-06, 11:28
Hello Craig

Welcome to NMP - I'm glad you found the site. It's helped me tremendously in coming to terms with some very new and scary sensations and in learning ways to deal with them. Alcohol is not an answer. The risk is, it could become part of the problem. I've found some of the breathing and stretching exercises really helpful. Also the Rescue Remedy is great in helping relieve symptoms.

Stay with NMP Craig, make new friends and take care of yourself

Sandie

libbie
02-12-06, 13:27
hi craig, i agree with sandie about rescue remedy. try it, you have nothing to loose have u?

try looking at the positive things in life instead of the negative ones

take care
libbie

kittykat
02-12-06, 15:49
Hi Craig,
Welcome to the site. I know its hard sometimes but try and stay of the booze it really does make the depression a lot worse.
Remember there are loads of people here you can chat to if your feeling really down. Take care hun.

shirley xx

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:50
Hi Craig

Welcome aboard.

Have a good read of the website at www.nomorepanic.co.uk

Loads of advice on there too.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

CraigE
31-12-06, 23:57
thank you all for your comments, its the first time ive read them since ive been away, reason for the drinkin in the past was because i would be like to scared to go in the shop or something thinkin im gonna start blushing, everyone is going to laugh at me, but yeh drink doesnt help & at ive hardly have touched it this month do to some circumstances.