PDA

View Full Version : gas and heart???

PanicWHU
25-03-14, 17:20
Well I have just come down from another panic attack, those of u who read my post yesterday will know I'm new on here. Reflux, trapped gas and the heart are definitely all linked in my opinion. about 10 mins after I eat it's like a cloud of gas is over my heart and it feels like it is under water. I feel it's not beating right and bam panic attack lasting 20 minutes. Now feels like every heartbeat aches. Does anyone else have gas/air in their chest that seems to affect how their heart feels?? I have tried everything to shift it but nothing seems to work. Maybe I swallow air too much?? Thanks

Catherine S
25-03-14, 17:43
Exactly right with your reasoning, its very common to feel your heart wobbling if your stomach is irritated...I get it often. I'm a sufferer of ectopic beats which can increase with stomach pressure. I also eat too quickly..always first to clear my plate and yes, that can create extra gas which doesn't help. I take something called Rennie Deflatine...not to be confused with the normal Rennie's which do nothing for me, and the active ingredient in Deflatine is semeticone so always look for that as its this that makes all the difference. The first time I tried it I was surprised by how much it eased my stomach and my ectopics!

PanicWHU
25-03-14, 17:47
Thanks yeah I have tried stuff with simethicone in before but don't think I have tried them so will give them a go. I am the same, I know I eat too fast and have really tried to slow down. It's weird cause its the panic attack that brings on the pain not the gas for me

Lisa.w1979
25-03-14, 18:27
I get awful gas, but it takes the majority of the stomach pain away. My kids are sick of the smell of me :emot-puke: lol

PanicWHU
25-03-14, 18:53
Lol I have it pretty bad today. Tucked up in bed, burning up and feeling so nauseous :( just water for me tonight I think!

Lisa.w1979
25-03-14, 19:03
Better out than in. Hope you feel better soon :hugs: xx

PanicWHU
25-03-14, 19:05
Thanks hope you are ok x

Lisa.w1979
25-03-14, 19:08
yea i'm feeling relatively calm. Got a few chest pains, but luckily its the right side, which hardly bothers me. Its funny, i can have much worse pain on my right side and it doesn't set me off, yet one twinge on the left and i'm a jibbering wreck!! Do you get that?

PanicWHU
25-03-14, 19:21
Yep I know exactly what you mean. As long as its not my heart or left side of chest I tend to panic less. Saying that, I have never felt so sick in my life than I do right now so these symptoms can do one lol. It's so hard to believe its all anxiety based

Lisa.w1979
25-03-14, 19:24
Anxiety causes soooo many physical symptoms. I hate anxiety. Its number one of my room 101 list. closely followed by the hammers (Jokes lol)

PanicWHU
25-03-14, 19:27
haha none of that talk or u and me are gonna fall out in a minute lol :) it really is awful, never gone through anything like this even when I was Ill (if that makes sense)

Lisa.w1979
25-03-14, 19:32
lol (literally did laugh out loud)

I know what you mean. I had full on flu about a month ago, i couldn't walk, sit up, keep my eyes open. Yet i'd swap HA for flu anyday!!

PanicWHU
25-03-14, 19:39
Lol strange isn't it. I said to my dad the other day that if this is anxiety, I would swap it for the appendicitis I had ten years ago, pain and all! Think that's part of my problem, I haven't totally accepted what it is. Just so many symptoms

Lisa.w1979
25-03-14, 20:04
I look at HA like a scab. at first its small and insignificant, but you pick at it, and pay attention to it, so it gets worse and worse.

I know its hard to ignore things, but constantly thinking about something exacerbates it.

I don't know where i read it before, maybe on here, but if you concentrate on your foot, like really concentrate, it'll start to tingle and throb and eventually hurt, even though there is nothing wrong with it. seriously, try it.