PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

Sad girl
25-03-14, 17:26
Hello everyone I am new to this site just trying to get some advice I am currently suffering from anxiety and depression I take citalopram daily for depression and xanax every other day for anxiety just curious to know when will the nausea go away I feel like I'm popping xanax more often cause of my nausea rather then taking it for anxiety and what upsets me is that I've changed my whole lifestyle as far the drinking so I wouldn't have to feel sick and here I am a month later and the nausea is still there it's pretty bad a night for some reason I've tryed tea, meditation OTC anti nausea medicine and still no relief I just feel like giving up sometimes this is to hard for me to deal with I was thinking of switching to a different medication but the thought of going back to that first week of the antideppressant horrifies me those first two weeks was hell I've gone this far to go back.

SarahH
25-03-14, 18:29
:welcome:I'm afraid nausea is a side effect of Citalopram. This should ease with time, but the time it takes will be different for each person.

Sarah

weplant
25-03-14, 19:50
I am 2 1/2 weeks in on a very low dose and the nausea sucks..i had a couple of days where I thought it was getting better, than bamm it was right back..Also, I feel so tense, especially around my chest and upper back, it is making me even crazier. I am taking .5 ativan, but does not seem to be helping anymore..Hang in there. Everyone here is so supportive..When I want to give up, I come on and read all the advice and it does help...

Zeitgeist
25-03-14, 20:28
I have found about a month for the worst of the side effects to sort themselves out, either starting or upping dose.

jharden
25-03-14, 23:46
Hi sad girl,

Can you give us a bit more information? How long have you been taking Citalopram for? What dosage do you take? Do you have a good diet and do you exercise? Do you have a history of nausea or IBS?

I would strongly advise against taking Xanax to treat your nausea. It should only be used in the short-term to help treat severe episodes of anxiety.

Marty_67
26-03-14, 19:46
Keep going! The nausea will ease. It's a journey and you have already made the first steps :)