PDA

View Full Version : Lumps on ribs?

eevee
25-03-14, 17:27
Hi guys, so I was feeling around my ribs the other day (WHY did I have to do that why!) and I found this lump on my right rib cage. It's near the "curve" of the ribcage, near the breastbone so it's not on the side of the rib cage. Of course I freaked out! It kinda feels like a huge muscle or something, you know kinda longish, but I figured a muscle.. i would be able to "trace" where it goes. Not so big that it's sticking out but when I press on my ribs it's there. I don't know how long it's been there since I just started poking my ribs the other day...

The lump sort of goes vertical so it's def not my ribs. I immediately felt my left rib cage and found a similar lump on the similar place, like a symetry.

Super worried.

Oh, I'm 25 btw :)

Frankie123
25-03-14, 19:17
I had this, was lying in bed one night feeling around as you do and found the self same lumps. Went to my doctor in panic the next morning and he had a feel and then said they were perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Hope this reassures you a bit.

Mitch4186
25-03-14, 21:18
I have a similar issue and I posted about it here not too long ago. I can feel a couple lumps that seem to pop out a little bit when I breath in deep. They kind of feel like in between my right ribs under my chest. This has caused me alot of anxiety lately because the only thought in my mind is cancer.

anthrokid
28-03-14, 22:34
Hey eevee,

I can't tell you what it is, as I'm sure no one else here can. But I can tell you that generally if something is symmetric (is on both sides of the body) it is normal anatomy.

Check in with a GP if you are still really worried, they're experts at human anatomy :P