PDA

View Full Version : I feel completely deflated - skin c worries again :(

Jonesle
25-03-14, 19:42
I've been doing so much better with my moles the last few days. Like much better. But today I remembered a pimple thing I hadn't worried about for a while (how dare i?)
-I can't remember how it started, like a raised bit of skin which I didn't want so I hacked it off with my nail. It bled. It scabbed. Scab wouldn't go away after a week or so, so.... Picked it off because I was anxious. It was red underneath (obviously) but stayed pimple looking wi a black bit (crusty blood? Nice...) today (2weeks after?) I remembered it... It's still there!!! I picked it off again and more blood, it's still red :( why can't I let this skin cancer worry go away? I've had enough!! Does this sound normal? I don't wanna google picking off skin cancer because I'm sure it'll tell me I'm certainly going to be dead in a minute :(

Phuzella
25-03-14, 19:52
See your doctor:)

Jonesle
25-03-14, 20:03
.... I will. Thanks.
Just for anybody else reading I'm not actually looking for a diagnosis from you guys. Just some kind words from fellow HA sufferers at 8pm when I'm feeling alone and afraid. And any other insight/similar experiences/knowledge from past dermatologist or gp visits?

eevee
25-03-14, 20:16
Have you tried putting some cream on the said pimple? Cos sometimes they can't go away on its own - getting worse even. I think going to the doctor will ease your mind (and she can prescribe you some cream too) but based on my past experience with a lingering scab on my face, it kept scabbing over because I kept picking at it. I didn't let the skin to heal.

Jonesle
25-03-14, 20:24
Not religiously. May try that for the next week to see if it improves. If not maybe a call to the doctors is in order. Anyone know whether it's best to keep them creamed up and covered or not?

sunshinevet
25-03-14, 20:25
I went to a dermatologist a couple years ago when I was diagnosed with leukocytoclastic vasculitis. I know long word. I get open sores and bruises all over my body and look like a cheetah if I do not take the medication. Anyways, while I was talking to him, I had him look at some moles that I have because my family is known for skin c. My aunt actually died of it back in the 70's. He looked at some spots and moles and told me that I had some sun spots and that my moles are fine. As long as they don't become open sores and painful I should not be concerned because it is a common characteristic that European ethnicities get.

As long as you are not messing with your mole, i.e. scratching, squeezing, or causing inflammation or soreness to it, just keep an eye on the size and color of it. if you are really concerned, go see a dermatologist and they can take a biopsy of the mole.

eevee
25-03-14, 20:27
If you decide to put some cream then no need to cover it up. Let it breathe :) at least I never did.

Jonesle
25-03-14, 20:31
Thanks for your replies - I do keep prodding at it, need to be diligent for the next week or two so I can give it a fair chance to heal before assuming the worse the poor little thing! X

I'mdave27
29-03-14, 13:42
1 love