PDA

View Full Version : wtf is with my eyes??

sassywatermelons
26-03-14, 00:02
So I have brown/hazel eyes and they have multiple light blue rings in the iris part and I went to look it up and of course the first thing I get is wilson's disease. (It does not run in my family, I do not think) but I'm really worried now that I have honestly convinced myself that I have wilson's disease. Is this what that is or is it just part of my normal eye colour? I'm just in need of some serious reassurance because google is not helpful in the slightest. These are my eyes: http://postimg.org/image/byapnx825/

(It may not work because I'm doing this all on mobile)

LunaLiuna
26-03-14, 08:49
Wow, your eyes look like the inside of a tree, beautiful!

Obviously I'm not an optician but I could guess that it's normal, I've known people with flecks of other colours in their iris and it was nothing to worry about :)

Vigilante
26-03-14, 09:01
No idea what wilsons even is but I do know its normal to have other colours like spots of brown in green eyes and the like. Have they always been like that?

sassywatermelons
26-03-14, 15:17
I think they've always been like this. I noticed them a few years ago.

LunaLiuna
26-03-14, 15:25
They'll most probably be fine if they have been like it for years, although a trip to the optician may make you feel a little better :)

mummyanxious
26-03-14, 15:26
Never even heard of Wilson disease! Not going to look!
My eyes are blue with brown in the middle. They used to be fully blue

realworrier
26-03-14, 16:52
My daughter has one blue eye and one eye with a part of brown in it. She has a facial paralysis and cant close her eye fully when she blinks. Because of this in her 8 years of life she has been to the hospital for constant eye check ups. They have never said anything about the different colour in her eye. Some people just get it or are born with it.

Travis
26-03-14, 17:49
As long as you can see ok I wouldn't worry I have secondary glaucoma in my right eye which was caused by a detached retina & multiple surgery.
Looking at your eye I don't think there's anything to worry about but see your doctor or an optician. Your eye looks really clear as in not bloodshot or anything.

sassywatermelons
26-03-14, 21:15
I went to the eye doctor about a year ago and I think my eyes have always been this way so I think my doctor would have said something if there was something worrisome.

MyNameIsTerry
27-03-14, 06:01
Yes, if that was Wilsons disease, they would spot it in an eye examination and tell you. A doctor should of as well.

Wilsons disease has to be treated for life after it develops (it's a genetic inherited condition) but there are are other symptoms. Are you getting any of those I guess is the obvious thing to think about?

To be honest, given you have spotted this and are unsure how long they have been like this, I would see your doctor and optomotrist about it. Wilsons disease usually develops earlier on in life but can manifest into middle age, but as you probably realised when you looked it up - it's a condition that has to be treated.

It's very likely it's just your anxiety and you've Googled yourself into something it's not but your eyes are not affected by anxiety in that way so just to be sure, because you can't remember whether you were born like that, get it checked out.

Sorry thats not very helpful, I just think thats one for a medical professional to reassure you on.

sassywatermelons
27-03-14, 15:28
No one in my family has wilson's disease so I'm thinking that's not it now. ( my mom's never even heard of it) but I need to go to the eye doctor anyway. ( also my mom has these rings in her eyes but they're not as noticeable because she has grey eyes) I'm thinking it's just my eye colour

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Also you can't see the rings unless I take a picture with a bright light or shine a light on them so I think that's why I've never noticed them. I'm guessing it's because my mom has hazel/grey eyes and my dad has blue so I got an inbetween ( my mom's eues have a brown centre) idk though