PDA

View Full Version : Ok – so trying to get my life in order and start feeling better about myself and then

Female healthanxiety
26-03-14, 11:32
Ok – so trying to get my life in order and start feeling better about myself and then.... So went to Holland and Barrett, and got the following Vitamins: Vitamin C, Multi B Vitamin, Ashtwagha, Ginger Root, Magnesim, Calcium and Vitamin D. I also purchased a high protein drink as I was going to a class later that evening.

I though, right, I have been wasting £80 a month on a gym membership that I have put off – for the sheer fact of how I feel the day AFTER I work out – which is lightheaded, beyond tired, lethargic and practically drunk!

I went to a zumba class last night – and as always felt great! I ate really healthy yesterday throughout the day. I came home and felt tired but not as tired as I usually feel – ‘good tired’. I could not get out of bed this morning and as a result was 2 hours late for work. I woke up eventually and on my way to work got myself a mcdonalds drive through (no I shouldn’t but had fish, and really needed to try and stop feeling like this) while in the que, I felt really dizzy, like I was going to faint... I couldn’t wait to get back into my car.
I am now at work and as always feel like my attempts are always cut short by this disabling feeling

LunaLiuna
26-03-14, 11:55
Ashwaghanda is an adaptogen which basically means it will adapt to what you need so I'd be careful in using all of those supplements!

Eating healthy one day and then starting the next with a MacDonald's is slightly counterproductive ;)

I'm sure it's just a blip. You are recovering from a illness which is anxiety, take things slow and get rest when it's needed, it's just like any other physical illness, you've got the treatment now you need the rest :)

Female healthanxiety
26-03-14, 12:00
Oh no - are these vitamins bad for me then? xx

LunaLiuna
26-03-14, 12:30
Not at all, you just need to keep an eye on how much your taking :)

SarahH
26-03-14, 12:40
If you eat a balanced healthy diet you really should not need lots of supplements..IMHO:)

HoneyLove
26-03-14, 12:59
Had you eaten anything before the McDonalds? If not, you delayed your normal breakfast by at least 2 hours, and at that stage the chances are that it was low blood sugar that made you feel so weird and dizzy. Did you feel better once you ate something?

Feelings of dizziness and lightheadedness should always be followed up by your doctor, but looking at some of the obvious causes in your life can help. If you have a regular exercise routine then you need to make sure you're allowing yourself extra time to rest at night and of course make sure that you're eating regularly to keep your blood sugars topped up - never skip meals, especially breakfast! Make sure you're keeping hydrated too.

That's a lot of supplements you just started, so be aware of any interactions with medications you're already taking and that not all of them might agree with you - just be mindful about them.

Female healthanxiety
26-03-14, 15:03
Hi there all, thank you for your replies.

I did not eat anything before my McDonalds today however, I do not generally eat breakfast until I am at work (which is sometimes 10/11 anyway). Once I had eaten I felt LESS dizzy and heady however I have been sitting at my desk, and now at 3.00pm, still feel a little woozy and am trying to avoid as much walking around the office as possible.

I had a blood test done 7 weeks ago and all was fine, plus due to my new ectopic, 3 weeks ago went through a cardiologist for all of the tests, ie, holter monitor, scan and stress test, and he said I need to go gym more and get fitter! Which I cant if I feel like this......... Just feel like crying at the thought of how I am going to get through how I feel each time – it’s like a death sentence.................

I have been eating quire regular, and keep a track of my food on My Fitness pal, and still feel like this 

I am not on any medications, except for the mini pill which I take daily.

Any ideas? xxxxxxx

LeFi_81
26-03-14, 15:10
Well, first thing is do not stop your exercise. Perhaps a Zumba class was a bit tough as a start? Maybe you need less loud music, more gentle types of exercise on the machines and first deal with the lightheaded feelings after sport?

From personal experience I can tell you that I get very dizzy when my blood sugar drops. This was never the case but since I am sensitive to it now it affects me stronger.

Could it be that you are now kind of pre-programmed to feel like this after you were at the gym? Hmm.

Female healthanxiety
26-03-14, 15:16
Hi LeFi_81

Thank you for taking the time to respond...

I feel very heady and eye-y, if this makes any sense at all?!

I used to do Zumba 4 times a week, 5 years ago and it mae me feel absolutlly great and happy.

Last night, the class started at 7.30pm (I had a protein shake at work earlier on), and I even felt OK when I went home (slept about 12pm).

However my alarm could not wake me up and this morning felt so dizzy and my head felt heavy.

I feel so FAT at the moment, I am 1.5 stones overweight and just wanna get on and lose weight..... things like Yoga etc are great however the calories burnt are very small compared to that of an aerobic class?

I could understand me feeling like this if I would have done something like body pump or some type of weight class, but Zumba as you know is just dancing at high intensity and really does make you laugh and giggle as well as burn quite high calories.

I do understand what you mean though.

Do you think I should go tonight feeling like this?? xxx

Phuzella
26-03-14, 15:18
Breakfast should be eaten earlier, definitely before you get to work:)

Catherine S
26-03-14, 15:22
I think HoneyLove hit it right, if you're exercising lots but eating irregularly that would affect your blood sugar levels and low blood sugar will produce the symptoms you describe. It's common, more so in women than men as fluctuating hormones can make it happen more often. When I think about it, my anxiety levels have been greatly reduced since the menopause, including low blood sugar attacks which I would get daily, and got really fed up of having to find somewhere to sit until it passed! So I guess that hormones can play a big part. But then thats a whole different thread!

LeFi_81
26-03-14, 15:26
You can consider to skip tonight of course! Give your body a chance to recover.

I too do Zumba. A superb an fun way to burn those calories :) Though, since I am suffering so much from anxiety, I opted for yoga. I take a class at the community center and the room is filled with ladies of around double my age! My body has just lost so much muscle in the last 3 months, that even the yoga is a challenge (do not underestimate it!)

Alternatively you could go for some cycling or working on the treadmill. The disadvantage of a class is you cannot leave when you feel it has been enough. In the end, you should try to build up muscle in a healthy way.

Thinking of you!

mummyanxious
26-03-14, 15:30
Completely feel for you.

As an aside though I tried that adaptogen once and I felt very ill after taking it so knocked it on the head. Started sweating profusely etc.

It's good to top up your vit levels if you're depleted but not if you get sufficient already.

Female healthanxiety
26-03-14, 15:41
Thank you my lovelys for replying.

I am 30 (31 on Saturday) and feel like a Zombie - and when I do try and exercise (like everyone says) -- I feel worse the next day!!!

I do not think I am eating irregular - for instance yesterday consisted of:-

Breakfast - Porridge
Lunch - Cous Cous and Tuna, with a banana, satsuma, pear and a plum
3.00pm - Brought myself a protein shake
GYM AT 7.30
Dinner - 9.00pm - Soup and bread with a bag of low fat crisps and a bananna

obviously throughout the day I had 1.5 litres of water and 2 doses of vitamins.

I know what you mean about the sitting down - its like someone has sat on your head and poked you in the eyes! I know hormones do have an effect, I know this as my anxiety and tiredness is always more severe a week before! DALM THINGS!

I love Zumba it really makes me feel like I am not doing any exercising as its so fun!!

I tried Yoga about 2 months ago and is quite challenging - but will I lose weight? I need to lose FAT! I am 12 stones and only 5'4! my heaviest ever......

It's funny you say that - after 40 minutes (I looked at the clock in the class) I thought to myself 'Gosh it seems like this class is lasting forever'

xxx

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

To be honest with you guys; the reason I brought the vitamins was after reading Dr Wilson's 'Adrenal Fatigue; book!

xx

mummyanxious
26-03-14, 15:41
Yoga is slow so yes it will but it'll be slow going so you won't notice any immediate effects. It also builds lean muscle mass rather than bulk.

I feel the same after exercise so I totally get where you're coming from!

Female healthanxiety
26-03-14, 16:06
Hello Mummy A,

What is it?! :weep:

Do you currently do any form of exercise? xx

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

also: Just went wee (sorry for descriptive information) and have noticed today that the colour is really bright yellow!

Phuzella
26-03-14, 16:07
Don't know if anyone will agree with me, but I don't think you're eating enough to be doing hard exercising:)

mummyanxious
26-03-14, 16:10
That'll be the vitamins the yellow! Completely normal!

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

I agree with Phuzilla you really shouldn't go into hard exercise without building up to it. It's like someone going from having flu to going out for an hour run! They're not going to cope.
My plan is to start yoga as its gentle, build up my strength as its great for that, and then do something a bit more strenuous.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

I rethink what it is is just that were anxious about exercise and out if shape. Slowly build it up is the key. It doesn't take long to get out of shape.

Phuzella
26-03-14, 16:12
And you need some healthy fats in your diet

Female healthanxiety
26-03-14, 16:15
Thanks Phuzella! My Fitness AP said I ate 1700 calories, which took into consideration that I did Zumba.

:-(( I just didn't think Zumba was hard exercise.......

Maybe I am being too harsh on myself - but I know I am capable of doing things like zumba its just how I feel the days after.......!

Well done on your Yoga challenge, I am sure it will benefit you in so many ways as well xx

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Well that is why I am taking the vitamins to counteract the fats I may not be eating daily x

Phuzella
26-03-14, 16:32
Some vitamins need fat to be absorbed by the body, I don't mean like fatty sausages and things, nuts contain healthy fats. Do some research on them. I eat butter now, I personally belive it's good for you.

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

Make sure you're getting enough iron in you diet too:)

Female healthanxiety
26-03-14, 16:36
Hi,

yes, all my blood results came back fine.

So, have really just hit a wall!

Carolclelland
26-03-14, 16:57
The vitamins do work,but the best one is a thing called elthea it's amazing,and no caffeine no way ,honest it works .more good days now than bad,even took my car around the block after 6 months keep at it

mummyanxious
26-03-14, 17:06
Elthea? What's that then?

Female healthanxiety
26-03-14, 19:37
Finally; just got in from work and still feel like I'm drugged up and tired!

Just put some food on and even that was a mission.... :-(

LeFi_81
27-03-14, 09:54
All that is important is to listen to your body. If you are exhausted, then also plan for sufficient rest. I wish I could help you more! You are so well on track. Really, just keep going. You will get there!

It truly is a battle.

Thinking of you!

Female healthanxiety
27-03-14, 14:30
Thank you Lefi,

I really dont feel I am on track one little bit!!!