PDA

View Full Version : Peeing problems again...

Britty
26-03-14, 16:42
Hi so a few weeks ago I posted about having to pee all the time and finding out I had a UTI. Well I started the meds and for 2 days the symptoms went away. Then on day 3 when everyone told me I would really feel the effects, the symptoms started to come back. Once the pills were gone and the symptoms were still there, I went back to the doctor only to be told that my first urine sample came back that I never had a UTI to begin with! They did another urine test to be sure and sure enough that one came back negative too. After hearing this my symptoms went away for another day and a half. Then I was so relieved the symptoms were gone that I started worrying again that I hope they don't come back!! Guess what? By the end of the day I had them again...Since then they have been on and off and I find when I just sit down at the computer or something and have more time to think, I have to go more often. (each time I go a normal amount too...) I'm just wondering if this really is anxiety??? If I just had the sensation I wouldn't worry so much, but every time I do go I am able to go a full amount...on the other hand I know it gets worse the more I think about hoping I don't have to go....any similar experiences??

Please nothing scary! I know there are other things this could be but I'm more wondering if this could be just related to my anxiety???

Rennie1989
26-03-14, 17:01
Very much so.

Anxiety makes people evacuate more often. You often hear of people frequently going to the loo before an exam. I get it a lot. As for UTIs, make sure you're drinking plenty of water and avoid caffeine.

PanchoGoz
26-03-14, 17:08
Yeah, anxiety does that. It's the defense mechanism, expell any excess weight to make you run faster.

I had a UTI and it was really quite painful to pee. If you weren't finding it painful or weird smelling then it probably isn't that.

jayjoe18
26-03-14, 17:55
Sounds like anxiety to me, I had this too... I'd worry about it and cause the symptoms myself! So annoying! I went to the doctors on a few occasions because of it but it was all down to anxiety, much like when your nervous and need the toilet but don't actually need to go.... amazing what the mind can do eh!

Britty
27-03-14, 01:23
Thanks all for the reassurance....deep down I am aware that it is my anxiety, it is just when I feel calm and I think about it and I feel the urge to go that gets me anxious again!!! I just have to keep telling myself and hopefully I can get over this! :wacko:

Charlotteee89
27-03-14, 02:04
I seem to need to go for a wee more than usual when I'm anxious... :unsure: I also find when I need to go I get very anxious & feel like I'm going to faint, I can't hold it in like I used to be able to. It's unsettling tbh.