PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Andyh
30-11-06, 04:41
I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Andy, im 32 years old. And recently have been having some kind of panic attacks and anxiety.

I think I've known for a long time, i've always had mood swings, but I've never had such debilitating thought processes and some shaking when im feeling anxious and some nausea.

I havent been to a doctor yet, I plan on doing this tomorrow <wish me luck>

I havent been able to work for 2 years, and I do have a marijuana abuse problem.

I always thought the marijuana helped calm me down when I was feeling anxious, now I belive it was just hiding the problem.

Heh, Like I said i'm 32 years old, I live at home with my parents <after a couple failed moving out trys> and sometimes I feel like my life is going nowhere.

I'm currently trying to repair a relationship with a woman I lived with for 2 years. And I often have serious obessive behavoir at times. I can be very controlling, because of my anxious worrying, and I want to find a way to control it. I often say things I don't mean, and then regret what I said right away, knowing it was wrong.

I talked to a few job recruiters today, and when I got off the phone with them, I found myself shaking, not too bad, but I can see it in my hands and feel it in my stomach.

Well, this is an intro so I don't want to ramble too much, I'll try to post more, as you can see I'm a mess.

sgp64
30-11-06, 08:23
Hi Andy and welcome aboard. Best of luck seeing the doc....this is a big step and a brave one and definately in the right direction. You're taking on a lot right now with that, trying to fix a relationship and also looking for work.

If I've one bit of advice it's to kick the weed. Let us know how you get on.

Sean

manmoor
30-11-06, 08:52
Hi Andy,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

honeybee3939
30-11-06, 11:09
Hi Andy

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

EebyJeeby
30-11-06, 11:22
Hi Andy - welcome to the forum!

Going to the doctor is good. Make sure you are completely honest with him/her as this will be your first step towards beating this thing.

Marijuana does not help this condition. You are correct when you say that it hides the problem, and it also makes it worse. I was a complete dope head for over 15 years, but when I began to suffer from anxiety etc I managed to give it up. It was surprisingly easy to do, because the fear of the feelings of anxiety and panic far outweighed the need for a smoke (as it made things worse). The thing with anxiety etc is that it tends to be connected to unresolved emotional issues. Dope (and alcohol for that matter) are good at allowing you to get by without really dealing with such matters, but there comes a time when you have to get down to it and address things. Then you are free to move on.

It's been 2 years since I kicked it completely, and with a bit of counselling for the anxiety (but no antidepressants) and the support of a fantastic new partner and the info on this site, life is brilliant and drug-free. I even have a great new job (and no anxiety!)

Good luck at the docs and let us know how you get on. You'll get lots of support here!

Eeb x

scoobygirl2005
30-11-06, 11:36
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

yorkylover
30-11-06, 13:16
Hi Andy and welcome.Good luck at the doctors,open up to them.I think marijuana makes anxiety worse in the long run.Perhaps if the doctor can help you and you show your partner you are seeking help and support it will help your relationship.Well done for trying to get a job.;)

Ellen XX

Granny Primark
30-11-06, 13:34
Hi Andy,
Welcome to the site. Youl get loads of help from the members on nmp.
Hey we all say things in the heat of the moment that we dont mean. So dont worry about that.
I hope you get your relationship back on track and that things begin to improve for you.

Take care
LYNN xx

kittykat
30-11-06, 13:49
Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forum, im sure you'll find the right help and advice here.

Take care
shirley x

mooks
30-11-06, 16:11
Hi Andy
welcome you'll be ok now you've found this site....Im not going to go on about the Drug thing...its a terrible depressant and theres a lot of links on this site that will help you...
sarah
xxx

sandlin
01-12-06, 13:38
welcome to the site, its great. The chat room lifts me every time.

Linda xx

trac67
02-12-06, 11:16
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:53
Hi Andy

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel