PDA

View Full Version : First panic for a while making me feel terrible

BeckyBop
26-03-14, 17:30
Hi everyone
I haven't felt this way for a while but right now I feel incredibly panicky and like there is no escape. All my worries seem to have come down on me and now I feel awful. I am feeling very scared something which hasn't happened for a while and I just dont know what to do. I am recovering from bad flu and just burst out in tears. I was doing so well now this. I feel very lost and scared. Can anyone offer any advice?

Glaws
27-03-14, 21:18
I expect being unwell has made you feel fragile and emotional. I had a good week last week then, on Sunday night, had a panic attack. I was sooo disappointed but just tried to accept it as a blip and that it would pass. By Monday afternoon I felt much better and the last 3 days have been good. Chin up. X

MLC
31-03-14, 00:40
I have gone from 4 panic attacks to 2 a week, but when i have one it last for around 10mins and is very aggressive, im new to this forum and other people who suffer with this, it makes me feel better knowing im not the only one, the main thing i hate about anxiety, is it makes me so physically ill, i carnt cope willLife, i hope we all recover from this, and good luck to you! X

Charlotteee89
31-03-14, 01:43
Your flu has more than likely took it's toll on you, your body is in recovery mode & so your more likely to feel emotional & fragile, your anxiety has probably been triggered due to this. I'm sure once you're recovered your body will be back to normal which will hopefully help the mental symptoms, you're just very sensitive right now. :hugs:

My anxiety/panic like symptoms/overwhelm-ness is easily triggered by things. I've been doing well since yesterday & most of today, then I had a few 'off' hours when I was feeling sicky cause I was really hungry, then I was fine for 2-3 hours now I'm feeling very panicky & alert due to boredom.. Boredom can trigger my obsessive thoughts.

You just have to try & not like the 'blips' effect you, not dwell on them. Easier said than done, though! I'm struggling to not pay attention to my obsessive thinking & feeling of doom... I think my 'fight or flight' response mode has been triggered. :wacko:

Caryn
01-04-14, 00:31
I am having a similar problem. Most of the time I'm just fine but this last week has been so horrible. I don't know if it's because my husband is out of town or what but dammit I am suffering. I tried to go into the chat room but I guess my java is outdated or something and I don't know how to remedy that. My husband does all that stuff and he's in Hawaii for work. Grrr..So frustrating. I really don't want to have to take the Xanax. I'm white knuckling it. Just being on here, posting something is helping I think. Let's hope.

spykerom
01-04-14, 08:29
Had a panic attack in similar things is a common things.. the first thing to do in this cases to make your mind calm so this helps to decrease a level of Anxiety.

Tanner40
01-04-14, 12:38
Becky, I am certain that being down with the flu has had something to do with your increase in anxiety and panic. Whenever I have some flu like illness or a cold, my body is using it's energy reserves to help in recovering from the illness. Anything that depletes your reserves will make your body more susceptible to anxiety. Try to look at this as just a small blip and continue to do the healthy things that got you to feeling better.

aprilmoon
01-04-14, 13:01
Hi Tanner
You sound really reassuring.Would you reassure me please? In on first day of increasing meds and am trying to be busy and positive.Some positive vibes would be really appreciated. Thanks

Tanner40
01-04-14, 13:34
AprilMoon, the first few weeks of taking or increasing meds can be a bit scary. The side effects vary with each person. Some people get basically no side effects. I was one of the lucky ones that got plenty. I just had to keep telling myself that a couple of rough weeks was worth not having a lifetime of rough days. I found that distracting myself really helped. Set aside five small tasks to complete today and celebrate the victories.

aprilmoon
01-04-14, 13:41
OK thanks.I will.