PDA

View Full Version : Week 16 update

Marty_67
26-03-14, 20:18
Hi folks, I hope this post finds you all well. I haven't posted for a while so thought I would put together an update.

I have to say that I feel quite ok. I am now taking my Cit 20mg in the morning and 20mg in the evening. That seems to work for me.

I still have the odd trigger but they happen much less now. I still worry but I now worry less. I used to worry about world peace and petrol prices. I now worry about whether it's going to rain or not...or what to have for my tea :).

I now accept I can't control things or others and nor would I want to.

It's been a roller coaster of a ride and it's far from over. We all have ups and downs - the last week or two have been hard but I think I have been not feeling great generally.

I just wanted to give those not feeling so great today a bit of hope. Christmas last year was a real low point for me and I will never forget how I felt. When I was at rock bottom I found NMP and you were all there for me when I really needed some help.

I'm far from fixed but I do feel a little more anchored. I also keep going. I keep taking my meds and getting on with my life.

I have also grown a beard! Now that is me being a bit daring!!!

Hope you guys are ok, Marty :)

ninnie
26-03-14, 20:30
Funny, just been discussing the roller coaster of anxiety with someone else.....
fab to hear that you are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel and yes, I think you will always get that occassional feeling of awfullness......sometimes for no reason at all, but they do get less and less, until they sometimes turn into a weird fascination......:sofa:
take it easy......x

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Im growing a beard too.........wont my husband be surprised......

Gemlou78
27-03-14, 07:24
Good to hear you are on the up Marty :-) I think I will always have triggers too but like you say...it's how we handle them and being aware..something I'm trying to notice and improve in myself at the moment.
Hope the improvements keep on coming for you :-) x

DELIBY99
27-03-14, 11:07
Glad your doing OK. Give yourself time, recovery very gradual. I still have off days but i seem to be able to shrug them off easier. I took 30MG at one stage and thought i 'd need it forever yet here I am a year later tapering off .

Marty_67
29-03-14, 23:34
Good for you Deliby.

Have had a few good days but I notice my hands still tremble a bit. Anyone else notice this?

jmd
31-03-14, 09:05
Great news marty..im on week 5 and ive never felt better!! Good look to everyone on this journey. Live love laugh :yesyes:

Marty_67
31-03-14, 22:49
Hey J, glad things are on the up for you mate :)

Keep going peeps!!!

Tanner40
31-03-14, 23:47
Nice to hear that you're doing better, Marty. Small steps forward lead to huge successes. Celebrate those successes. Thanks for sharing a positive story of hope with us today.

Marty_67
01-04-14, 07:21
Hi Tanner, hope you are ok.

I just want to mention again that taking the 20mg in the morning and 20mg at night really seems to have made a positive difference.

I had an argument with my wife yesterday because I couldn't be bothered to sort something out...this may sound trivial but I used to worry about sorting everything out and I see this 'not giving a sh*t' moment as a big step forward!!! My wife (luckily) also saw the funny side of the story :)

Have a good day folks x

SarahH
01-04-14, 14:08
Good news Marty:)