PDA

View Full Version : I didn't go to the Dr today.

cattia
26-03-14, 21:24
I posted yesterday or the day before about my massive anxiety over my slightly puffy swollen face. I am trying to accept the logical explanation for this, which is that it's leftover from a fall I had two weeks ago when I injured my jaw on that side. I was SO tempted to call the doctor today for an emergency appointment as it's my day off work, but I am setting myself a goal of waiting until the Easter holidays start in a week and a half, then if it's still swollen I think it will be ok for me to get it checked out. I feel nervous that I didn't go today but also pleaded that I didn't rush there for instant reassurance.

ady1779
26-03-14, 22:14
Good for you! I did the same some months ago! I literally turned around in the parking lot and went home. It's scary at first but you will feel so much better for sticking to your goal! :)

Lin71
26-03-14, 23:04
Hi Cattia

I think that's a great achievement and I hope you did something nice with your day off instead of sitting in the Doctors waiting room!

If you know you had an injury then it sounds sensible to give it a little while longer to get back to normal.

Hopefully by the time Easter comes you'll have noticed an improvement but if not, well the Dr's not going anywhere, you still have that option.

Lin x

Humly
27-03-14, 08:19
Hi Cattia. Well I have done the opposite and made an appointment for this afternoon. I dont even know what I am going to say when I get there and I feel that I am wasting their time. I might even cancel it.