PDA

View Full Version : Please help guys, severe MS fears have returned.

Serenity1990
26-03-14, 21:30
I've had a bit of a stressful week. It started with a phonecall saying my granddad's probably not going to last the night, rushed up north and have spent the past week at his bedside in hospital. Luckily he's on the mend.

I've been experiencing constant extreme fatigue, especially during the afternoon. I've been getting intense pressure off and on on my ribcage just above my diaphragm, exactly as described by the "MS Hug". I've also started getting the difficulty moving my fingers on my right hand again, which is what made me suspect MS in the first place (as my grandmother had it).

I'm currently sat waiting in A&E convinced beyond any doubt at all that I've got it. I've spent the afternoon crying, which is unusual for me. I'm not sure if I can take any more of this.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated guys. :(

mgw
26-03-14, 21:35
So sorry to hear about your grandad, hope everything is okay and big hugs :hugs:

Just wanted to share that I get extreme fatigue regularly, no matter how much I've slept! I feel its worse for me up until the evening, night time, when I then feel awake- annoying! My counsellor has told me this is very common with anxiety. In fact he asked me if I was always tired without me even saying it first.

I've also experienced the rib cage pressure, and again, my counsellor asked me if I suffered from this without me even saying it. He explained it to me (which I can't remember exactly!), but something to do with the sternum and the tightness that stress and anxiety can cause- all normal and not dangerous.

It sounds like your going through a very stressful time, and this would explain these symptoms intensifying if they have, and why they are there in the first place if you suffer with anxiety.

If your really worried, get it checked out just to put your mind at ease. I'm sure you will be fine though, they all sound like very common symptoms.

Hope you feel better soon!

cattia
26-03-14, 21:36
I'm sorry you're having such a bad time. It does sound as though you have been under a lot of stress. You obviously know quite a lot about the symptoms of MS, which in my own experience can certainly make them appear! Obviously I can't say for sure whether you have it or not, but I went through a massive MS scare a couple of years ago and I literally had every MS symptom under the sun. I was so so convinced I had it. My Dr would not refer me for an MRI as he believed it was anxiety. Lookingback now I think he was right. It went away when I got pregnant with my second child (because i had something new to obsess over) and the symptoms have never come back, or at least not to that extent. Funnily enough I don't worry about MS at all now as I have come accross so many people to live full and happy lives with this condition. Even if you did have it, it isn't a death sentence. I hope you feel better soon!

Serenity1990
26-03-14, 21:38
Thank you so much for the replies. I was doing so well until this week, almost back to normal. I feel I need urgent help from someone, whether a neurologist or a psychiatrist, or both!

I used to be such a strong person, I don't know what's happened to me.

Serenity1990
27-03-14, 15:48
I left the hospital last might before seeing the doc, couldn't deal with the possibilities.

Today I'm convinced beyond all doubt. Really don't know what to do or where to go from here. :(

DaisyP
27-03-14, 15:55
I really feel for you Serenity, one day you could be doing just fine and getting on with things and then the next day you feel bad again, it's a horrible feeling isnt it and it is normally something which triggers it.

I am going through the same thing. I don't know much about your story but could you see your Dr for some advice?

Hope you feel better soon :)

Serenity1990
27-03-14, 16:06
Hey Daisy. Unfortunately my GP is next to useless, I've booked (another) appointment with a private neuro for next week. Hopefully I'll have some answers soon!