PDA

View Full Version : really sore, chapped lips…anybody ever deal with this before??

ady1779
26-03-14, 22:11
Hello all! So for about 2 weeks now I have been having really bad sore, chapped lips. It was just like from one day to the next they were sore just inside my lips and then got worse from there. I have tried everything lip balm, even exfoliating! That just makes it raw, soft for a little while, and then the next morning right back to dry and sore! UGH! I wrote my gp who said to just keep putting vaseline on and that it is the winter but he didn't actually look at my lips. Thinking of calling my derm in the morning!

I looked it up on Dr. Oz just to find a remedy and of course they said it could be a form of precancerous skin cancer from the sun…I grew up in Florida!!!
Sheesh! Why did I do that!!

Anyone else deal with this in the past and what worked for you??? Its so frustrating and uncomfortable!

Thanks!!:unsure:

Serenity1990
26-03-14, 22:13
I get this all the time, always have done. A bit of LipSeal or moisturising cream and you'll be fine. :)

Ats666
26-03-14, 22:23
I used to get this I swear by Carmex xx

Catherine S
26-03-14, 23:40
Your local pharmacy could probably give you some advice about this. You have a 'derm' on speed-dial? Only in America!

ady1779
27-03-14, 03:37
So I ran out and got some Carmex and that has definitely made them feel better! I also read about putting a soaked green tea bag on your lips for 5 min....don't know if it will help but my husband liked that I couldn't speak during it, lol!

I Still Believe - I'll definitely try my pharmacist if this doesn't work! I wouldn't say I have a Derm on speed dial, :D but it is nice that you can get an appointment fairly quickly over here.....well at least for the moment....