PDA

View Full Version : Wit's end - weird pain lower right abdomen

dee_gril
26-03-14, 22:56
Hi guys

I've tried not to worry about this but for the past two months I've had this weird pain in my lower right abdomen / pelvic area. It's below my hip.

It kind of alternates between a pulling pain and a nervey / bruised type feeling. It doesnt' last for very long at all but it happens every day at least once or twice. It comes and goes and lasts maybe 30 secs max. I went to see a doctor and had a pelvic ultrasound. I have follicular cysts on my ovaries (both) but I already knew that (polycystic ovaries) but it shouldn't be causing this pain plus I've had this issue with my ovaries since I was a teen.

So now I'm slowly trying not to freak out as my doctor has now dismissed me and said it's possible that PCO can cause this pain. However, now I'm wondering if it can be my bowels or anything. I'm not sure. Like i said, it is fleeting, usually occurs when I'm sitting. Can occur when I'm lying down. Any chance it sounds muscular or anyone has a similar thing that comes and goes maybe once or twice a day lasting a short time. I'm just worried I have to have a colonoscopy and I REALLY don't want to go there but I'm just so worried.

I also have a mid / upper back ache but I don't know if that can cause pain so low down in my abdomen. I don't want to go back to a doctor because I have seen two and both have dismissed me especially after the ultrasound of the pelvis.

Catherine S
26-03-14, 23:29
Dee, only your doctor can tell you if its real or otherwise. If you are diagnosed with anxiety then we can help with that.

dee_gril
27-03-14, 00:46
Thanks but I have already been to two doctors .... just wondering if anyone else have had similar experience with this weird pain. Not terribly painful just very disconcerting and with HA ... weighs terribly on my mind.

mbarger33
27-03-14, 03:23
I'm in the same boat although mine lasts considerably longer. I've had the following

CBC normal
stool samples for bugs. Normal
Abdominal ultra sound. Normal
2x FIT test for blood in stool. Normal

Yet I still have the pain. Or discomfort, still have stool shapes all over the place, and still haven't had an official diagnoses other then General Anxiety.

Sometimes the pain goes to the left. Sometimes I feel it in my belly button. And right now I'm feeling it in the lower grown region.

The only test I haven't had done is a radioactive CT scan and colonoscopy because my Gastrointestinal doc says I have no evidence that supports going up there.

Anyway it's driving me mad...

I also get lower back pain and mid back pain from time to time..