PDA

View Full Version : rituals and counting

halfwayhome
30-11-06, 06:33
Does anyone ever get these.. weird feelings?
Like sometimes I'll just get this thought in my head "if this and this happens, that means this and this." And I KNOW it doesn't make sense, but I'm CONVINCED it's true.
Also, do you have any real rituals? I have to walk out of my apartment five times each day, as well as go out to my balcony five times each day, before I can go to sleep.
I also have problems where I'll get a feeling about a certain sidewalk crack. or stair or something.. and so I have to step on that thing five times - twice with my right foot, twice with my left foot, and one with both feet.. like jumping.
I tend to try and ignore it if I'm in public, or at the very least make it not conspicuous or obvoius, but it's so overbearing and overwhelming.. I guess I"d just like to hear that I'm not alone. :(

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

scoobygirl2005
30-11-06, 11:49
Hi.

I have ocd too. At the moment its really bad and am trying to get some help again for it.

I have all sorts of rituals that occur all the time, like when I go to bed at night I have to check everywhere and do certain things otherwise if I don't I think something bad will happen, so I have to do it.

I get thoughts like you mentioned too. I also have to do things a certain number of times and I do that with my favourite number that I feel safe with at the moment, but the numbers change all the time. Are you seeing anyone for this e.g. a councellor? Hope this helps.

Scooby2005
x x